Topic actions

Reply 12700 of 52925, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
jheronimus wrote:

There are many like it, but this one is mine 😀

Read that in the voice of Joe Swanson... Guess I watch too much family guy then. 🤣

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 12701 of 52925, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote:

Then I bought some 300+ pieces of shrink wrap. Cheap too.
As I need to cut off the wires from the original Tadiran battery, and solder it to the new one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/328Pcs-Assortment-Hea … poAAOSwwpdW855i

Do you really think they will send this kit to your country for 2.45? I think they really selling air here.. (that price is to good to be trough.)

You paid that amount for that shrink kit, but possible they never will send it to you.. If 30.000 people will do the same.. 30.000 x 2.45 (is easy money)

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 12702 of 52925, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Robin4 wrote:
brostenen wrote:

As I need to cut off the wires from the original Tadiran battery, and solder it to the new one.

Do you really think they will send this kit to your country for 2.45? I think they really selling air here.. (that price is to good to be trough.)

You paid that amount for that shrink kit, but possible they never will send it to you.. If 30.000 people will do the same.. 30.000 x 2.45 (is easy money)

Yes I think they will. Gotten all but few items in the past. What's lost in the mail, I have gotten a new item shipped.

Reply 12703 of 52925, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was browsing craigslist today, saw these 2 machines and i just jumped on them. I was saving money for a new video card for my main system, but you just cant pass these things up. I'm posting this from my mobile, so hopefully everything works.

e9fh73Em.jpg
GoyMawBm.jpg
2l0pgN0m.jpg

Total cost: $100

EDIT:
MORE PICTURES!
http://imgur.com/a/f0JeH

Boxed windows 2.11
visicalc for ibm
NIB 360kb floppy drive
NEW 20mb mfm ibm hard drive
orchid 286 upgrade board for XT
ibm 8573
ibm 5140 - works

Last edited by luckybob on 2016-07-01, 06:10. Edited 1 time in total.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 12704 of 52925, by squareguy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got my Quadro4 900 XGL in today... !@#$%^ %^&*() it's a Quadro 700 XGL 🙁

The search continues

Gateway 2000 Case and 200-Watt PSU
Intel SE440BX-2 Motherboard
Intel Pentium III 450 CPU
Micron 384MB SDRAM (3x128)
Compaq Voodoo3 3500 TV Graphics Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
Western Digital 7200-RPM, 8MB-Cache, 160GB Hard Drive
Windows 98 SE

Reply 12705 of 52925, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:
I was browsing craigslist today, saw these 2 machines and i just jumped on them. I was saving money for a new video card for my […]
Show full quote

I was browsing craigslist today, saw these 2 machines and i just jumped on them. I was saving money for a new video card for my main system, but you just cant pass these things up. I'm posting this from my mobile, so hopefully everything works.

e9fh73Em.jpg
GoyMawBm.jpg
2l0pgN0m.jpg

Total cost: $100

Wow, nice find! A hundred bucks is a steal for all that. You'll have fun with them. 😀 What are the specs of that Orchid "Enhancement Board"? I see 'Tiny Turbo 286' but that's all I can make out. (And which one is it for?)

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 12706 of 52925, by FFXIhealer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Didn't buy it, but inherited a 160GB PATA IDE Western Digital hard drive that I have personally run WD tests on to verify that it works and has no bad sectors...from work. Had it on the shelf and since NOBODY uses PATA drives anymore, it has no customer base. He was going to throw it in the trash. After all the trouble I went to at work running tests on it to make sure it would be stable and work. Now I have this nice 160GB hard drive for older machines...that I can't use. My ASUS P2B board has the latest BIOS, but it caps at ~137.4 GB like most of those hardware/BIOS limitations of the time. Hell, I already flashed the BIOS when the 40GB hard drives I put in there wouldn't work at first. The flash took care of the issue and now Windows 98 boots just fine from a 40GB drive C: and has another 40GB D: with most of my drivers and downloads and the Win98 CD folder all archived to it. Love it!

What the hell do I do with this 160GB PATA WD drive?

292dps.png
3smzsb.png
0fvil8.png
lhbar1.png

Reply 12707 of 52925, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Robin4 wrote:
brostenen wrote:

I ordered a set myself after seeing that post.

I've bought plenty of stuff from China that they probably sold at a loss. They just want the feedback, so they'll make it work somehow.

I've also ended up with a ton of free junk that way. If it arrives damaged or not as described, those sellers always give a refund.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 12708 of 52925, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had a strange mix up on eBay due to a multi-item listing that ended up skyrocketing in price after the seller and I had made a combined shipping deal, and I didn't hassle the seller so he let me come away with one of the items (sadly, not the #1 item that was worth more than the rest...) for the cost of shipping. Its a Sound Blaster 16 CT1740, and the pictures are just clear enough for me to be 90% sure it has a 4.05 DSP version, which wouldn't have any hanging note bugs. I don't know exactly what I'll do with the card, but for less than $4 shipped (!) I'll figure something out!

s-l16002.jpg
Filename
s-l16002.jpg
File size
167.36 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The item I really wanted from the lot (which caused the price to shoot up to $80 for a single sound card) was a really mysterious looking ESS AudioDrive with a daughterboard attached. I don't know what kind of board it was though. Anyone able to identify it?

s-l1600.jpg
Filename
s-l1600.jpg
File size
379.45 KiB
Views
File license

It doesn't matter, since I didn't actually get that one... but it would be reassuring to me if it turned out to be nothing special. 😒

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 12709 of 52925, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ozzuneoj wrote:

It doesn't matter, since I didn't actually get that one... but it would be reassuring to me if it turned out to be nothing special. 😒

Looks like this one, 0,5MB sample rom... 😜 http://wavetable.web.fc2.com/waveimpact.htm

Edit: Framed view of the same website: http://wavetable.web.fc2.com/

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel

Reply 12711 of 52925, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
oerk wrote:
luckybob wrote:

...I was saving money for a new video card for my main system, but ...

🤣

That's me the past two or three years! Still no new video card. Things keep happening...

Best part is, I SOLD my 7970 the other day. So my main system is stilling with NO video card at all. I made the executive decision to get 2 ibm portables and the video card alter.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 12712 of 52925, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Ozzuneoj wrote:
I had a strange mix up on eBay due to a multi-item listing that ended up skyrocketing in price after the seller and I had made a […]
Show full quote

I had a strange mix up on eBay due to a multi-item listing that ended up skyrocketing in price after the seller and I had made a combined shipping deal, and I didn't hassle the seller so he let me come away with one of the items (sadly, not the #1 item that was worth more than the rest...) for the cost of shipping. Its a Sound Blaster 16 CT1740, and the pictures are just clear enough for me to be 90% sure it has a 4.05 DSP version, which wouldn't have any hanging note bugs. I don't know exactly what I'll do with the card, but for less than $4 shipped (!) I'll figure something out!

s-l16002.jpg

The item I really wanted from the lot (which caused the price to shoot up to $80 for a single sound card) was a really mysterious looking ESS AudioDrive with a daughterboard attached. I don't know what kind of board it was though. Anyone able to identify it?

s-l1600.jpg

Oh so you bid on that lot. I bid on it too but the seller seemed to be a bit of a dumbass after a short conversation, so I quit adding more bids. I had researched the daughterboard and discovered that it wasn't worth it, but I wanted that card with the 4.05 DSP. Oh well. The search continues.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 12713 of 52925, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FFXIhealer wrote:

Didn't buy it, but inherited a 160GB PATA IDE Western Digital hard drive that I have personally run WD tests on to verify that it works and has no bad sectors...from work. Had it on the shelf and since NOBODY uses PATA drives anymore, it has no customer base. He was going to throw it in the trash. After all the trouble I went to at work running tests on it to make sure it would be stable and work. Now I have this nice 160GB hard drive for older machines...that I can't use. My ASUS P2B board has the latest BIOS, but it caps at ~137.4 GB like most of those hardware/BIOS limitations of the time. Hell, I already flashed the BIOS when the 40GB hard drives I put in there wouldn't work at first. The flash took care of the issue and now Windows 98 boots just fine from a 40GB drive C: and has another 40GB D: with most of my drivers and downloads and the Win98 CD folder all archived to it. Love it!

What the hell do I do with this 160GB PATA WD drive?

Chuck it in a good P4 or Athlon XP rig?

Reply 12714 of 52925, by flupke11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Iwill DS133-R dual Slot 1 Mainboard based on i820 chipset and RDram
complete in-a-box

Aopen DX-2G plus dual Slot 2 mainboard based on i440GX chipset and Sdram
complete in-a-box (including SCSI-cables, Xeon Terminator and Xeon retention brackets)

Soyo 6FA Pentium 8 Mainboard - new, not in-a-box but with the manual

Two Upgradeware SLOT-T adapters, to be used on the Iwill DS133-R with two PIII 1.4S (let's pray this works)

One Powerleap PL-iP4 quirky upgrade to have the P4 HT work on non-HT mainboards. Not to be used, I'll keep it in my quirky closet.

Reply 12715 of 52925, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A set of caps for my VL-Bus CL-5420, and for my IBM 486dx2-66 Computer.
Going to recap in the next week, no time this weekend.

Attachments

• Caps-For-486.jpg
    Filename
    Caps-For-486.jpg
    File size
    68.68 KiB
    Views
    File license

Reply 12716 of 52925, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Ozzuneoj wrote:
I had a strange mix up on eBay due to a multi-item listing that ended up skyrocketing in price after the seller and I had made a […]
Show full quote

s-l16002.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I was bidding on that auction 🤣, looked like a great deal but as usual someone swooped in and it went up. Oh well at least I found another lot auction that was a crazy good deal, the 3dfx v3 3k pci was worth it and only cost $42 shipped. 😎

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 12718 of 52925, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

For my 8088 8bitter, I got a Creative SB 2.0, CT1350B rev 4, 1336 bus chip and DSP 2.01.. just waiting on my SAA-1099's so I can program my GAL and add CMS/Game Blaster compatability to it.

XkEY0fAh.jpg

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 12719 of 52925, by shiva2004

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a nice 775 Asus motherboard (only for Pentium 4 & D, sadly) and a Pentium D 950 B1 stepping... this is not a CPU, this is a nuclear toaster!! 🤣