Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 13400 of 52811, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Cyrix200+ wrote:
I might have overpaid for this a bit, especially since I don't really know what to do with it :) But it is cool because it's so […]
Show full quote

I might have overpaid for this a bit, especially since I don't really know what to do with it 😀 But it is cool because it's so complete! I'm not sure if the CD belongs with it though. I paid about 20 euro including shipping.

OpFBaaol.jpg

EZNXjNwl.jpg

zqrmSMUl.jpg

kjvI5YEl.jpg

iMBhkdIl.jpg

19umJvRl.jpg

52EFJPul.jpg

20 euros full boxed is just a bergain.. You would never find this complete set for 20 euros on ebay. I really would give you 30 a 40 euro for this set.. So the price is really fair.

Can you imaging those floppy drives? Then i have the abillity to upload them on vogonsdrivers.com

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 13401 of 52811, by FuzzyLogic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Cyrix200+ wrote:

I might have overpaid for this a bit, especially since I don't really know what to do with it 😀 But it is cool because it's so complete! I'm not sure if the CD belongs with it though. I paid about 20 euro including shipping.

A Covox Sound Master 2! Awesome find and you got a great deal. I would put it in a 286 or 386.

Reply 13402 of 52811, by FuzzyLogic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I bought a Pentium 200 overdrive, and I paid way too much for it. But I don't care, I wanted a unused chip and fan. I was kind of mad because the seller wrapped it in bubble wrap and put it in a Tyvek mailer. The box was slightly crushed in shipping. I guess it doesn't matter that much because I plan on using it and shelving it in a collection.

b0srL0v.jpg

EoOGhVR.jpg

I also bought these DS12887s off some Chinese seller on eBay. The item description read DS12887, but the picture showed a DS12887+. I was expecting the + version. I wonder how old these are.

DmeZraI.jpg

I plan on replacing the RTC on my Plato/Premier II (My P90 restored) motherboard with one of these. The overdrive will also go in there.

Reply 13403 of 52811, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FuzzyLogic wrote:

I also bought these DS12887s off some Chinese seller on eBay. The item description read DS12887, but the picture showed a DS12887+. I was expecting the + version. I wonder how old these are.

I believe 5th week 2011.

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 13404 of 52811, by rein_ein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Got lucky today:

Asus CUSL2 with 650mhz p3 coppermine and 256mb sdram for free.

Ab2V9Nal.jpg

Gameboy Color in pretty good condition together with games:

RfPSgxCl.jpg I0oze49l.jpg jbjIVK3l.jpg D0vXjQ6l.jpg

Mortal Kombat 3
Jurassic Park part 2
Mega Man 2
Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Robocop 3
The Chessmaster
Mickey Mouse: Magic Wands! 5
and Rockman World 5(not working)

together with Gameboy i got 60gb iPod classic 5th Gen with damaged hdd

sbeVHlYl.jpg

Cost me 19$ total

3x5uzq-5.png
4sv43l-5.png

Reply 13405 of 52811, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Will do!

Robin4 wrote:

20 euros full boxed is just a bergain.. You would never find this complete set for 20 euros on ebay. I really would give you 30 a 40 euro for this set.. So the price is really fair.

Can you imaging those floppy drives? Then i have the abillity to upload them on vogonsdrivers.com

1982 to 2001

Reply 13406 of 52811, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Cyrix200+ wrote:

Holy shit, awesome!!! This is the kind of stuff i love seeing around here. Modern stuff is so boring...

Reply 13407 of 52811, by Brickpad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FuzzyLogic wrote:
I also bought these DS12887s off some Chinese seller on eBay. The item description read DS12887, but the picture showed a DS128 […]
Show full quote

DmeZraI.jpg

I plan on replacing the RTC on my Plato/Premier II (My P90 restored) motherboard with one of these. The overdrive will also go in there.

Why order those from China when you can get free, brand-new samples (DS12C887A+ ; up to 10 samples) from Maxim Integrated directly? Shipping's free too. I ordered 5. 😎

Reply 13409 of 52811, by Formulator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Packard Bell PB300, local sale. Pleased that the original owner kept vinyl covers atop the system since 1991.

IMG_0694.JPG
Filename
IMG_0694.JPG
File size
1.89 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 13412 of 52811, by FuzzyLogic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BloodyCactus wrote:
FuzzyLogic wrote:

I believe 5th week 2011.

Thanks. If you're right, then these still have some life in them.

Brickpad wrote:

Why order those from China when you can get free, brand-new samples (DS12C887A+ ; up to 10 samples) from Maxim Integrated directly? Shipping's free too. I ordered 5. 😎

It only cost $7 USD shipped from China. Would I have to fake a business name to get free samples from Maxim?

Reply 13413 of 52811, by Brickpad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FuzzyLogic wrote:

It only cost $7 USD shipped from China. Would I have to fake a business name to get free samples from Maxim?

There are two or three requirements: You have to provide a business name, and you have to have an e-mail address that is neither GMail or Yahoo (and probably every other disposable e-mail services like Hotmail). The third requirement, although that actually may have been optional, is that they ask you what you intend to use these samples for / end result. I simply stated that I was refurbishing motherboards and compatibility testing. I used the name of the business of where I work, which is entirely unrelated to anything electronics, and I used my personal college e-mail address. So far this worked, and I got an e-mail confirmation regarding the shipment early this morning. Thanks, Maxim. 😁

Reply 13414 of 52811, by Formulator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Packard Bell PB300

Intel 386SX-20
4 MB RAM
PS/2 keyboard & mouse

Has both Ni-Cd & Li batteries.

Also Seagate ST3120A 106 MB HDD

IMG_0697.JPG
Filename
IMG_0697.JPG
File size
2.54 MiB
Views
File license
IMG_0698.JPG
Filename
IMG_0698.JPG
File size
3.07 MiB
Views
File license
Last edited by Formulator on 2016-08-21, 05:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 13415 of 52811, by keenmaster486

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Awesome. Slap an SBPro II in there and you got yourself a perfect late 80's - early 90's gaming system.

What's the video card? I assume VGA of some sort. (I'm asking because I couldn't find any information online except listings 😊 )

World's foremost 486 enjoyer.

Reply 13416 of 52811, by Munx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got a Gravis joystick today for the price of 1 Euro. The guy selling it was pretty happy that it was gonna get some use.

P_20160821_105508[1].jpg
Filename
P_20160821_105508[1].jpg
File size
1.02 MiB
Views
File license

Also this AT keyboard for 2 Euro. Not mechanical, but feels nice and should look nice after a good cleaning.

P_20160821_105529[1].jpg
Filename
P_20160821_105529[1].jpg
File size
1.74 MiB
Views
File license

My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4

Reply 13417 of 52811, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Brickpad wrote:
FuzzyLogic wrote:

There are two or three requirements: You have to provide a business name, and you have to have an e-mail address that is neither GMail or Yahoo (and probably every other disposable e-mail services like Hotmail). The third requirement, although that actually may have been optional, is that they ask you what you intend to use these samples for / end result. I simply stated that I was refurbishing motherboards and compatibility testing. I used the name of the business of where I work, which is entirely unrelated to anything electronics, and I used my personal college e-mail address. So far this worked, and I got an e-mail confirmation regarding the shipment early this morning. Thanks, Maxim. 😁

Or if you have a domain name registered to you, you can use any email @yourdomainname (which your registrar usually allows you to redirect to whatever other email system you want, even webmail).
I also happen to own a business registered to my home address, so that part of the requirement is easy to take care of as well - even though it has nothing to do with electronics either.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 13418 of 52811, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, on Craigslist, there was a person who lost their lease and literally had 100's of old macs for stupid cheap. Everything from Mac Plus to G3 macs. He basically had a free-for-all for two days. I was not able to get there on day #1, but I did get some good deal. Sadly, I only got a few pictures. I was tired after moving so many machines around, I just ran out of gas and crashed. Anyway, if there are any requests I will take some better pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/T9Mms

So I got the following:
6x Power computing 603 era desktops. 120mhz to 180
2x mac SE
4x PM 7600
2x PM 8850
2x quadra 700*
large external cd-changer
20# box of plastic bezels
Enough spare drives to last me forever
several scsi to ethernet devices
handful of mice and 1 keybaord
1x 14" monitor in NICE condition.

So I defiantly have a build planned, and now I hope I can finish it and present it to the world.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 13419 of 52811, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So envious. Especially of that workgroup server 8550.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O