Reply 14560 of 52804, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
stamasd wrote:
kanecvr wrote:
Brickpad wrote:

Finally found a used Pentium Overdrive (83MHz) for a reasonable price - $18.50. Has some bent pins, but it looks like it can be easily fixed.

Nice find. I've been looking for one of those for quite a while now - just not willing to pay 45$ + 40$ shipping for it. And there's no chance o sourcing one locally - these things cost more then a cheap socket 5 board + Cyrix or AMD K5 CPU back in the day (in Romania at least).

You should look at some chip trading sites. I got over the past 2 years a few overdrives from http://www.cpu-world.com for much less than that, and they show up regularly. And some of the biggest sellers there are from Russia and Ukraine, so shipping should be decent.

I had no idea cpu-world has a trading section. Thanks for the tip!

Reply 14561 of 52804, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kanecvr wrote:

I had no idea cpu-world has a trading section. Thanks for the tip!

Yup, it's a gold mine. 😀 I got so many chips from there, I'm still trying to find a way to organize them.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 14562 of 52804, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Picked this Abit VP6 board up for £10 boxed. Boards in good condition but i will certainly be switching out those poor quality Jackon caps. Thinking of doing Windows 2000 build based on 2 Coppermine 1ghz CPU's, 512 ram, YMF724 Sound card and have not really decided on GFX yet. Have GF3, GF4 Ti4200 and a Radeon 9700 Pro at my disposal.

20161106_144829.jpg

Reply 14564 of 52804, by kanecvr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Robin4 wrote:

Yesterday i bought an Asus P5A motherboard. Socket 7 ATX

Nice. One of the few Aladdin V boards worth having. Be careful not to use more then 128MB of ram. The ALi chipset can't cache more regardless of how much L2 cache you have on board, unless you have the rare 1.06 board with revision G chipset witch is a rather rare combination.

Reply 14565 of 52804, by debs3759

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
stamasd wrote:
kanecvr wrote:

You should look at some chip trading sites. I got over the past 2 years a few overdrives from http://www.cpu-world.com for much less than that, and they show up regularly. And some of the biggest sellers there are from Russia and Ukraine, so shipping should be decent.

I second that. I'm a moderator over there, and it is where most of my collection came from. I think you have to be a member to see the For Sale forum, but it's well worth it. I only collect x86 processors and graphics cards these days, and for the processors cpu-world is the best site I know.

See my graphics card database at www.gpuzoo.com
Constantly being worked on. Feel free to message me with any corrections or details of cards you would like me to research and add.

Reply 14566 of 52804, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
debs3759 wrote:
stamasd wrote:
kanecvr wrote:

I second that. I'm a moderator over there, and it is where most of my collection came from. I think you have to be a member to see the For Sale forum, but it's well worth it. I only collect x86 processors and graphics cards these days, and for the processors cpu-world is the best site I know.

Thank you for being a moderator. The forums there are the cleanest and best behaved that I know of - except for Vogons of course. 😉

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 14569 of 52804, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

I want a VP6... but I dont want to pay for one. 🙁

Your fascination with dual sockets is fascinating.

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 14570 of 52804, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

I actually have one with dual 800mhz Coppermines sitting on a shelf. Found it at Goodwill for $1 a few years back, only boots to the bios when it feels like it.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 14571 of 52804, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ODwilly wrote:

only boots to the bios when it feels like it.

Bad caps most likely.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 14573 of 52804, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Arctic wrote:
luckybob wrote:

Maybe you can trade one for a Slot 2 board! 😀

Nice! However i wouldnt let my xg-dls go for anything less than a kings ransom.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 14575 of 52804, by stamasd

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:

Is $365 a king's ransom? That's what a XG-DLS is listed on ebay for. 😀

I/O, I/O,
It's off to disk I go,
With a bit and a byte
And a read and a write,
I/O, I/O

Reply 14576 of 52804, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

meh. Mine would come with the cpu support plate, and the 900mhz xeons. So I would ask for considerably more. But that's not likely to happen.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 14577 of 52804, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
stamasd wrote:
luckybob wrote:

Is $365 a king's ransom? That's what a XG-DLS is listed on ebay for. 😀

365! Scratching my head and thinking why that high? That's like the moon's ransom.
Seriously... 365? It's the same stupid pricing as GUS cards. They might be rare
and all that, just not like 365-rare.

For prices asked that high, I will say they can keep their stuff, and I will happily go
for an Intel se440bx-2 and a SB16 CT:2910 instead. Much more fun for each Dollar.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 14578 of 52804, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought this bunch for a bit less than 1 euro per card. I'm drowning in NICs, but I can't really throw them out! Analogue modems do get binned though, I see no practical use for them...

5cFinUGl.jpg

1982 to 2001