VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 16200 of 52813, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is a special place in my heart for IBM 60's and 80's. If you need help taming the beast, let me know.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 16201 of 52813, by havli

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

X1950 XT 256MB
x1950xtorsac.jpg

GTX 260 216 (65nm)
gtx260o1sh3.jpg

Voodoo3 1000 and V3 2000 box which will be a nice match for one of mine V3 2000 AGP.
v3_1000jzsx7.jpg

HW museum.cz - my collection of PC hardware

Reply 16202 of 52813, by oeuvre

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah, the early-mid 2000s where futuristic 3D females were decorated on many graphics cards

HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, RADEON HD7850 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
ws90Ts2.gif

Reply 16203 of 52813, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Bancho wrote:
This showed up this morning and will be going into my 200mmx machine. […]
Show full quote

This showed up this morning and will be going into my 200mmx machine.

Terratec EWS64s card with an unknown size simm module. Came with manuals but unfortunately no Driver CD. Does anyone have this they could upload or know where I can get it?

P36cDrql.jpg

That's a nice one. Congrats. 😀
Been lurking on them Terratec cards my self, yet I can not decide if they are worth what people charge.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 16204 of 52813, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
oeuvre wrote:

Ah, the early-mid 2000s where futuristic 3D females were decorated on many graphics cards

Yup... They were all over the place. Hated that type of art to my guts.
I found it, and still find it, a sad way of selling stuff to young people.
Well... Taste difers and I know other people here just love it.
To me, it is just an utter distasteful way of using sex to sell stuff.

Reply 16205 of 52813, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
brostenen wrote:
Yup... They were all over the place. Hated that type of art to my guts. I found it, and still find it, a sad way of selling stuf […]
Show full quote
oeuvre wrote:

Yup... They were all over the place. Hated that type of art to my guts.
I found it, and still find it, a sad way of selling stuff to young people.
Well... Taste difers and I know other people here just love it.
To me, it is just an utter distasteful way of using sex to sell stuff.

Personally I liked the mid-90s boxart more. And I also never particularly liked the way many females were portrayed in video games (and in certain videos like the NV GFFX one with that elfish looking flirtation and most games aren't about breasts and hips but more about shooting moving stuff and flying decals and stuff anyway). But imo it's more the oversexed stuff that is supposed to impress me and distract that actually bothers me. If I wanted to go look at pretty women I'd just get out the front door...I mean...

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 16206 of 52813, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

It's truly distastefully to the max, but it's a brief part of computer history so one kind has to respect it for what it is. It sort of like the box art on 3dfx cards.
I still don't like it.

Reply 16207 of 52813, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jade Falcon wrote:

It's truly distastefully to the max, but it's a brief part of computer history so one kind has to respect it for what it is. It sort of like the box art on 3dfx cards.
I still don't like it.

^Agreed.

I did kinda like the box art of the Voodoo cards, they seemed pretty voodoo to me 😜

Report spammers here!

Reply 16208 of 52813, by sketchus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After deciding it wasn't worth faffing around with converters etc anymore, I decided to just buy a 1600x1200 monitor. I picked up an HP LP2065 which I hopefully am collecting tomorrow.

The great thing about it is it should hopefully be an IPS monitor which supports all DOS resolutions as well.

The reason I say should is there were some of the same model that released with a MVA panel and there's no obvious way to tell without seeing it in person.

Fingers crossed!

Reply 16209 of 52813, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:

If I wanted to go look at pretty women I'd just get out the front door...I mean...

Right on bro'.... Right on!! The best part now, is that within 3 month's, they start wearing summer clothes. 😜
As we say on Denmark. Get "hungry" in the city, "eat" at home.

Reply 16212 of 52813, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
luckybob wrote:

What about those who don't like girls?

Well theres that, but I don't know where to start there. I do know that going both ways doubles your odds.

Reply 16213 of 52813, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:
luckybob wrote:

Well theres that, but I don't know where to start there. I do know that going both ways doubles your odds.

Zero X Zero is still zero 😢

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 16214 of 52813, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
ODwilly wrote:
Jade Falcon wrote:
luckybob wrote:

Zero X Zero is still zero 😢

I believe your over thinking my post. But I get what your saying.

Reply 16215 of 52813, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The scantily clad women on hardware boxes is neither old nor new.. Sapphire used to do this up until very recently. I had this Radeon 7770, and when the box arrived home my SO kind of gave me an eye.

11201-02_HD7770_GHz_OC_1GBGDDR5_2miniDP_HDMI_DVI_PCIE_LB_634643008323075443.jpg

It's really tasteless, I kind of feel ashamed of being part of some demographics that are judged to be susceptible to this kind of marketing..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 16216 of 52813, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:

They can go get a 3DFX card 😁

Report spammers here!

Reply 16217 of 52813, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sketchus wrote:
After deciding it wasn't worth faffing around with converters etc anymore, I decided to just buy a 1600x1200 monitor. I picked u […]
Show full quote

After deciding it wasn't worth faffing around with converters etc anymore, I decided to just buy a 1600x1200 monitor. I picked up an HP LP2065 which I hopefully am collecting tomorrow.

The great thing about it is it should hopefully be an IPS monitor which supports all DOS resolutions as well.

The reason I say should is there were some of the same model that released with a MVA panel and there's no obvious way to tell without seeing it in person.

Fingers crossed!

I have that monitor (IPS), but I use it only for Arcade emulation - MAME and such, on native 1600x1200. As it has 4:3 and Pivot for vertical shooters 😉 I did try it for DOS usage but didn't like the picture quality. Picture quality is much better with my current DOS monitor LG MA228VA.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 16218 of 52813, by sketchus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kixs wrote:
sketchus wrote:
After deciding it wasn't worth faffing around with converters etc anymore, I decided to just buy a 1600x1200 monitor. I picked u […]
Show full quote

Fingers crossed!

I have that monitor (IPS), but I use it only for Arcade emulation - MAME and such, on native 1600x1200. As it has 4:3 and Pivot for vertical shooters 😉 I did try it for DOS usage but didn't like the picture quality. Picture quality is much better with my current DOS monitor LG MA228VA.

Ah yes, I don't expect much from it from DOS , but I wanted a monitor that would just do everything I wanted, since I play Quake 2, Unreal etc. I would like to get a better DOS monitor down the line, but something that is 4:3 and has a decent panel will do for now.

Also, you have any pictures of the LG? I had a google of the model number, but nothing popped up.

Reply 16219 of 52813, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry, wrong model. I typed from memory. It's this one LG M228WA:
https://www.amazon.de/LG-M228WA-Widescreen-La … g/dp/B000S0UNYK

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs