Bought these (retro) hardware today

Discussion about old PC hardware.

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby CkRtech » 2017-11-10 @ 18:51

... dude!
User avatar
CkRtech
Member
 
Posts: 382
Joined: 2014-8-23 @ 00:54
Location: Seattle, WA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby amadeus777999 » 2017-11-10 @ 19:29

Chose007 - looks like you could start your own "vintage hardware" store now.
User avatar
amadeus777999
Member
 
Posts: 176
Joined: 2013-7-04 @ 17:04

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby TheAbandonwareGuy » 2017-11-10 @ 19:41

cyclone3d wrote:A lot of 16 CPUs for cheap. Cheap enough that I bit even though there was only a pic of the rear of the CPUs

Anybody have any idea what the 2 in the top left of this picture could be? (looks to be a solid 17x17 PGA setup - 289 pins)

CPUs.jpg



Aren't those socket translators or overdrive CPUs? Just a guess based on the obvious PCB over hang.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFY6Z ... 2tV8b00x_A
1996|P200MMX|64MB EDO|Virge DX 4MB|SB16 OPL3
1999|P3 933|384MB SDR|GF256 SDR 32MB|CT4620
User avatar
TheAbandonwareGuy
Oldbie
 
Posts: 962
Joined: 2016-3-01 @ 02:09
Location: Southern Illinois, United States of America

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby cyclone3d » 2017-11-10 @ 19:54

TheAbandonwareGuy wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:A lot of 16 CPUs for cheap. Cheap enough that I bit even though there was only a pic of the rear of the CPUs

Anybody have any idea what the 2 in the top left of this picture could be? (looks to be a solid 17x17 PGA setup - 289 pins)

CPUs.jpg



Aren't those socket translators or overdrive CPUs? Just a guess based on the obvious PCB over hang.


That's what I would guess they are as well but I was unable to find anything that looked like those in my limited search.
User avatar
cyclone3d
Oldbie
 
Posts: 820
Joined: 2015-4-08 @ 06:06
Location: Huntsville, AL USA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby chose007 » 2017-11-10 @ 20:11

yep I have problems with space ... need second house or first hangar :-D this is only half of today grab on photos ... but its hard left items like this

some detail photos

Miro Banshee
Image

Abit G3Ti200
Image

AIW 800XT
Image

Xabre 400
Image

ISA/MCA Ati Ultra
Image

Image

Paradise
Image

Miro Weitek 9100
Image

NV1
Image

Image

Elsa S3 805 1MB
Image

Image

Asus G256 DDR
Image

Tseng 4000
Image
chose007
Newbie
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 2016-2-27 @ 14:02

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Cyrix200+ » 2017-11-10 @ 20:16

chose007 wrote:yep I have problems with space ... need second house or first hangar :-D this is only half of today grab on photos ... but its hard left items like this

some detail photos
<snip>


Man that is some nice stuff! Congrats!
Chaintech 6ITM | Pentium Pro 200MHz | Matrox G200 | SCSI | Windows NT4
AOpen AX59Pro | AMD K6-3+ 450MHz | Windows 98SE
Tyan Tiger 230T | 2x Pentium III-S 1.4GHz | ATi Radeon 9100 | Aureal Vortex 2 | Windows 2000
-
Image gallery | Inventory
User avatar
Cyrix200+
Oldbie
 
Posts: 521
Joined: 2015-5-11 @ 15:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby chose007 » 2017-11-10 @ 20:45

last photo spam

vga + controller at one card, not seen yet
Image

Image

Image

Image

and lot of others controllers dont know from what machine or use of them, but looks nice with 186/286 cpus

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
chose007
Newbie
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 2016-2-27 @ 14:02

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby kanecvr » 2017-11-10 @ 20:47

damn those NV1 cards.. :drool:
User avatar
kanecvr
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1942
Joined: 2015-4-22 @ 20:30
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby kixs » 2017-11-10 @ 21:03

kanecvr wrote:
debs3759 wrote:
amadeus777999 wrote:Always wondered about the "RapidCAD" - is this a special item or "just" a fancy x87?


RapidCAD 1 is a CPU, RapiCAD 2 is the FPU. They are used as a pair to replace both. I don't know why though :)


Because the Rapidcad is a 386 socket CPU, and as such it does not have a built-in floating point unit. The smaller chip is the FPU.

As far as I know, they contain some 486 instructions, but no L1 cache like a 486, so a rapidcad should be faster then a 386, but slower then a Cyrix 486DLC witch has L1 cache.


RapidCAD 1 is the 486 CPU with almost all 486 benefits removed and 487 FPU that is the same as in the real 486DX. RapidCAD 2 is just a dummy fpu. I've seen someone remove the dummy and inserted a Weitek 3167 and switched between RapidCAD 1 FPU and Weitek one in BIOS. If I remember correctly the Weitek was faster... way faster.

chose007:
Some really nice stuff there :D
My Amibay: SALE Last update 2017-10-19
My Amibay: BUY Last update 2017-10-20
User avatar
kixs
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1706
Joined: 2013-1-31 @ 02:08
Location: Slovenia, EU

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Cyrix200+ » 2017-11-10 @ 21:10

I'm not jealous. Not at all.
Chaintech 6ITM | Pentium Pro 200MHz | Matrox G200 | SCSI | Windows NT4
AOpen AX59Pro | AMD K6-3+ 450MHz | Windows 98SE
Tyan Tiger 230T | 2x Pentium III-S 1.4GHz | ATi Radeon 9100 | Aureal Vortex 2 | Windows 2000
-
Image gallery | Inventory
User avatar
Cyrix200+
Oldbie
 
Posts: 521
Joined: 2015-5-11 @ 15:52
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby xjas » 2017-11-10 @ 21:18

chose007 wrote:ISA/MCA Ati Ultra
Image


What's that little ISA card attached to the VESA Feature Connector? First thing I've seen besides the VFX1 that uses that port.

Looks like some incredible scores there!
xjas
Oldbie
 
Posts: 894
Joined: 2015-9-07 @ 02:29

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Deksor » 2017-11-10 @ 21:27

That doesn't look like a VGA + controller card. This connector is probably an EGA video connector !
Deksor
Oldbie
 
Posts: 872
Joined: 2016-6-07 @ 14:37

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby chose007 » 2017-11-10 @ 21:44

chose007
Newbie
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 2016-2-27 @ 14:02

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Ozzuneoj » 2017-11-11 @ 01:20

chose007 : How and where do you find things like this? That's easily over a thousand dollars worth of stuff at ebay prices. Who had TWO nv1 cards? Seriously!?

I haven't actually purchased any of this yet, but someone on a local classified has this stuff for sale, for a really high price, but if there's anything worth grabbing I could see if they'd sell a few things out of the listing, since they are in the same town as someone else who had some computers I was interested in. I spotted an odd looking old desktop system with a 5 1/4 floppy, as well as a V3 3000 PCI, maybe some really old CD-ROM drives... aside from that, I can't identify anything special... lots of small AGP cards with fans. The resolution doesn't help. Here are the pics if anyone feels like trying to eagle-eye any interesting parts for me:
Attachments
IMG_20171110_195044_01.jpg
IMG_20171110_195040_02.jpg
IMG_20171110_195040_01.jpg
IMG_20171110_195037_02.jpg
IMG_20171110_195037_01.jpg
Time Machine = FIC PA-2013 2.1 - K6-2 500 - 256MB PC-100 - TNT2 Pro 16MB AGP - Labway Yamaha YMF719-E - Midiman MM401
Amibay For Sale Threads
I have lots of PC stuff for sale on Mercari! Get a $10 sign up credit with invite code VBGQMM.
User avatar
Ozzuneoj
Oldbie
 
Posts: 587
Joined: 2016-3-16 @ 21:33

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Matth79 » 2017-11-11 @ 01:27

chose007 wrote:last photo spam
and lot of others controllers dont know from what machine or use of them, but looks nice with 186/286 cpus

Image


Looks like a caching controller http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/hard-disk-f ... es-60.html
Matth79
Member
 
Posts: 380
Joined: 2014-5-19 @ 14:24

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby liqmat » 2017-11-11 @ 02:14

Ozzuneoj wrote:chose007 : How and where do you find things like this? That's easily over a thousand dollars worth of stuff at ebay prices. Who had TWO nv1 cards? Seriously!?

I haven't actually purchased any of this yet, but someone on a local classified has this stuff for sale, for a really high price, but if there's anything worth grabbing I could see if they'd sell a few things out of the listing, since they are in the same town as someone else who had some computers I was interested in. I spotted an odd looking old desktop system with a 5 1/4 floppy, as well as a V3 3000 PCI, maybe some really old CD-ROM drives... aside from that, I can't identify anything special... lots of small AGP cards with fans. The resolution doesn't help. Here are the pics if anyone feels like trying to eagle-eye any interesting parts for me:


System on the far right with the 5¼" drive looks promising. Who doesn't like boxes of floppies with mystery software on them?

systemonright.jpg
User avatar
liqmat
Oldbie
 
Posts: 503
Joined: 2015-7-07 @ 21:59

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Ozzuneoj » 2017-11-11 @ 06:27

liqmat wrote:
Ozzuneoj wrote:chose007 : How and where do you find things like this? That's easily over a thousand dollars worth of stuff at ebay prices. Who had TWO nv1 cards? Seriously!?

I haven't actually purchased any of this yet, but someone on a local classified has this stuff for sale, for a really high price, but if there's anything worth grabbing I could see if they'd sell a few things out of the listing, since they are in the same town as someone else who had some computers I was interested in. I spotted an odd looking old desktop system with a 5 1/4 floppy, as well as a V3 3000 PCI, maybe some really old CD-ROM drives... aside from that, I can't identify anything special... lots of small AGP cards with fans. The resolution doesn't help. Here are the pics if anyone feels like trying to eagle-eye any interesting parts for me:


System on the far right with the 5¼" drive looks promising. Who doesn't like boxes of floppies with mystery software on them?

systemonright.jpg

I like boxes of floppies too, but I still have a box of 5 1/4 floppies I've been trying to work through for over a year. Quite a time consuming project. :lol:

Anyone know what brand or roughly what time period that case is from? I haven't seen a PC with a 5 1/4 bay in person (aside from the drives I own) in 15+ years. They are very uncommon around here (granted the guy selling these is over an hour away from here).
Time Machine = FIC PA-2013 2.1 - K6-2 500 - 256MB PC-100 - TNT2 Pro 16MB AGP - Labway Yamaha YMF719-E - Midiman MM401
Amibay For Sale Threads
I have lots of PC stuff for sale on Mercari! Get a $10 sign up credit with invite code VBGQMM.
User avatar
Ozzuneoj
Oldbie
 
Posts: 587
Joined: 2016-3-16 @ 21:33

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby liqmat » 2017-11-11 @ 10:22

Ozzuneoj wrote:Anyone know what brand or roughly what time period that case is from? I haven't seen a PC with a 5 1/4 bay in person (aside from the drives I own) in 15+ years. They are very uncommon around here (granted the guy selling these is over an hour away from here).


Looks like a Packard Bell Legend or close to it from the case design and case badge. (though it is blurry)

http://www.overclock.net/lists/display/view/id/2912751
User avatar
liqmat
Oldbie
 
Posts: 503
Joined: 2015-7-07 @ 21:59

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Deksor » 2017-11-11 @ 11:31

Who had 2 NV1 ? Maybe that comes from an old repairshop ? Remember when I found 10 working voodoo 3 3000 and an nv1 this summer. According to the woman selling these, her husband used to work in a repairshop
Deksor
Oldbie
 
Posts: 872
Joined: 2016-6-07 @ 14:37

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby OldCat » 2017-11-11 @ 12:44

I don't like to boast, but today I will, because I am overjoyed and have to share it with someone. I managed to grab something I wanted for a long time: CGA/EGA/Hercules monitor:
mon_CGA.jpg
Golden Axe (CGA) on Toshiba T5100 (EGA)


What's truly unique, though, is the switch that allows changing between colour and monochrome (green / amber) display:
mon_korolove.jpg
mon_amba.jpg
mon_gringrin.jpg
User avatar
OldCat
Newbie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: 2017-9-19 @ 09:37
Location: Eastern Europe

PreviousNext

Return to General Old Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], boink, Google [Bot], sketchus and 10 guests