Bought these (retro) hardware today

Discussion about old PC hardware.

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby detritus olentus » 2019-1-17 @ 22:11

My Conroe865PE has finally arrived from Almaty, Kazakhstan.
Attachments
20190117_170623-1.jpg
20190117_170533-1.jpg
User avatar
detritus olentus
Newbie
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 2018-8-13 @ 20:02
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby oeuvre » 2019-1-17 @ 22:44

the almighty Almaty, Kazakhstan.
HP Z420 Workstation Intel Xeon E5-1620, 32GB, AMD FirePro V7900 2GB, SSD + HD, XP/7
Image
User avatar
oeuvre
l33t
 
Posts: 3158
Joined: 2015-3-31 @ 13:31
Location: USA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby cyclone3d » 2019-1-17 @ 23:57

I had something delivered today that I didn't even know existed until I saw it for sale... and then tried to do some research on it.

It is an Intel CPU and I will edit this post once I am home and can try it out. It is something that was never released.

Anybody care to take a guess exactly what it is?

I've also got a bunch of more stuff I got recently that I haven't posted about either so I will try to post up more pics as well.
User avatar
cyclone3d
l33t
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: 2015-4-08 @ 06:06
Location: Huntsville, AL USA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby hard1k » 2019-1-17 @ 23:58

Tejas?
New sound card project: AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted at Amibay)
User avatar
hard1k
Oldbie
 
Posts: 681
Joined: 2014-4-22 @ 11:28
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina / Moscow, Russia

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby cyclone3d » 2019-1-18 @ 00:41

hard1k wrote:Tejas?


Nope.. didn't know about that before either.

Anyway.. here is a hint. It is a specific model of CPU that was never released.
User avatar
cyclone3d
l33t
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: 2015-4-08 @ 06:06
Location: Huntsville, AL USA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby appiah4 » 2019-1-18 @ 01:04

oeuvre wrote:How are those Terratec and Typhoon cards?


Im a huge Tereatec fan and that Xfire 1024 is the ultimate PCI card as far as I am concerned:

SB Pro compatibility? Check (Crystal FM)
Software Wavetable? Check (DLS)
Wavetable header? Check
Bug Free MPU401? Check
Low SNR? Check
A3D? Check
EAX? Check
SenseAura? Check
Surround? Check
Optical Out? Check

Santa Cruz is similar - faster DSP but no optical out (has an spdif header though)

Ttphoon, I havent tried yet.
A500:Rev6|+512K|ACA500+|C1084S
i386:Am386SX25|4M|GD5402|ES688
i486:U5S33|8M|GD5428|YMF719|DB-S2
i586:P133|32M|T64+/MX2|V1|CT3980/32M
i686:K6-2/400|128M|Rage|V2|CT4520/32M
S370:P3-1200|384M|GF4-4200|MX300
S754:A3700+|2G|X1950PRO|SB0350
User avatar
appiah4
l33t
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: 2017-2-19 @ 07:36

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Ozzuneoj » 2019-1-18 @ 02:37

I've picked up a few things since my last post in this thread, but I was thinking it'd be a good idea to look for another gameport to MIDI adapter while they're still somewhat available, since they are becoming scarce. I wanted a good, solid one so I figured it'd be worth looking at the MIDI kits sold in the 90s. I'd seen some Voyetra ones here and there but I didn't really want to pay $20 for one. Then this one popped up for $8 shipped and I grabbed it. The package for the MIDI adapter has never been opened and it is clearly much higher quality than the one I have. It actually has fully molded ends rather than those cheapo DIY type cables that have the plastic that clips over the end (this prevents my old cable from fitting tightly on most cards in most cases). The discs are in pristine condition, the manual is GIGANTIC and in great shape, the box is a little worn... but the awesome bonus I had no idea was included was this sweet year-2000 Voyetra\TurtleBeach catalog! It has two-page spreads for their entire lineup of Aureal based PCI cards! As a fan of Aureal Vortex cards, I thought this was really cool. There's even a page about a Turtle Beach Cancun MIDI daughterboard, which is pretty sweet. That has to be one of the last waveblaster compatible daughterboards to be advertised and sold.

0117191615 (1536x2048).jpg

0117191615a (2048x1536).jpg

0117191616 (2048x1536).jpg

0117191618b (2048x1536).jpg
Last edited by Ozzuneoj on 2019-1-18 @ 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
Time Machine = FIC PA-2013 2.1 - K6-2 500 - 256MB PC-100 - TNT2 Pro 16MB AGP - Labway Yamaha YMF719-E - Midiman MM401
Amibay For Sale Threads
I have lots of PC stuff for sale on Mercari! Get $10 off your first purchase with my invite link!
User avatar
Ozzuneoj
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: 2016-3-16 @ 21:33

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby liqmat » 2019-1-18 @ 02:41

cyclone3d wrote:
hard1k wrote:Tejas?


Nope.. didn't know about that before either.

Anyway.. here is a hint. It is a specific model of CPU that was never released.

Pentium Pro 133? (only because I saw the engineering sample on Ebay)
User avatar
liqmat
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: 2015-7-07 @ 21:59

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby cyclone3d » 2019-1-18 @ 04:11

Behold, the QX9750:
QX9750-top.JPG

QX9750-bottom.JPG


Somehow I don't think the BIOS is reading the operating speed correctly. It looks to be reading ~1333 x 9.5 instead of 333 x 9.5 ... weird.
BIOS.JPG


I was actually quite surprised to see the BIOS recognize the CPU model correctly since it was never even released and the only samples were supposedly given to people working at Intel. I've only been able to dig up a few mentions of this CPU.
Lot's of misinformation about it floating around unless there were different versions of it. Unlike the QX9770, it runs at 1333fsb instead of 1600fsb.

And one other thing that will fit in this post... an XFX 7950GT AGP - fastest AGP video card released by nVidia.
7950GT-AGP-front.jpg

7950GT-AGP-back.jpg
User avatar
cyclone3d
l33t
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: 2015-4-08 @ 06:06
Location: Huntsville, AL USA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby appiah4 » 2019-1-18 @ 05:10

Ozzuneoj wrote:I've picked up a few things since my last post in this thread, but I was thinking it'd be a good idea to look for another gameport to MIDI adapter while they're still somewhat available, since they are becoming scarce. I wanted a good, solid one so I figured it'd be worth looking at the MIDI kits sold in the 90s. I'd seen some Voyetra ones here and there but I didn't really want to pay $20 for one. Then this one popped up for $8 shipped and I grabbed it. The package for the MIDI adapter has never been opened and it is clearly much higher quality than the one I have. It actually has fully molded ends rather than those cheapo DIY type cables that have the plastic that clips over the end (this prevents my old cable from fitting tightly on most cards in most cases). The discs are in pristine condition, the manual is GIGANTIC and in great shape, the box is a little worn... but the awesome bonus I had no idea was included was this sweet year-2000 Voyetra\TurtleBeach catalog! It has two-page spreads for their entire lineup of Aureal based PCI cards! As a fan of Aureal Vortex cards, I thought this was really cool. There's even a page about a Turtle Beach Cancun MIDI daughterboard, which is pretty sweet. That has to be one of the last waveblaster compatible daughterboards to be advertised and sold.

0117191615 (1536x2048).jpg

0117191615a (2048x1536).jpg

0117191616 (2048x1536).jpg

0117191618b (2048x1536).jpg


Any chance that you may be able to scan this as PDF and upload to archive.org?
A500:Rev6|+512K|ACA500+|C1084S
i386:Am386SX25|4M|GD5402|ES688
i486:U5S33|8M|GD5428|YMF719|DB-S2
i586:P133|32M|T64+/MX2|V1|CT3980/32M
i686:K6-2/400|128M|Rage|V2|CT4520/32M
S370:P3-1200|384M|GF4-4200|MX300
S754:A3700+|2G|X1950PRO|SB0350
User avatar
appiah4
l33t
 
Posts: 4147
Joined: 2017-2-19 @ 07:36

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Ozzuneoj » 2019-1-18 @ 05:28

appiah4 wrote:
Ozzuneoj wrote:I've picked up a few things since my last post in this thread, but I was thinking it'd be a good idea to look for another gameport to MIDI adapter while they're still somewhat available, since they are becoming scarce. I wanted a good, solid one so I figured it'd be worth looking at the MIDI kits sold in the 90s. I'd seen some Voyetra ones here and there but I didn't really want to pay $20 for one. Then this one popped up for $8 shipped and I grabbed it. The package for the MIDI adapter has never been opened and it is clearly much higher quality than the one I have. It actually has fully molded ends rather than those cheapo DIY type cables that have the plastic that clips over the end (this prevents my old cable from fitting tightly on most cards in most cases). The discs are in pristine condition, the manual is GIGANTIC and in great shape, the box is a little worn... but the awesome bonus I had no idea was included was this sweet year-2000 Voyetra\TurtleBeach catalog! It has two-page spreads for their entire lineup of Aureal based PCI cards! As a fan of Aureal Vortex cards, I thought this was really cool. There's even a page about a Turtle Beach Cancun MIDI daughterboard, which is pretty sweet. That has to be one of the last waveblaster compatible daughterboards to be advertised and sold.

0117191615 (1536x2048).jpg

0117191615a (2048x1536).jpg

0117191616 (2048x1536).jpg

0117191618b (2048x1536).jpg


Any chance that you may be able to scan this as PDF and upload to archive.org?


That's a good idea. Sadly, I actually don't have a flat bed scanner anymore... we got rid of our inkjet printers last year and now only have a Brother laser with no scanner. I almost kept one for this purpose alone but this is the first time it has come up in years. My phone takes a very nice picture but the edges always end up dark, so it probably wouldn't be the best option for this. Any suggestions?
Time Machine = FIC PA-2013 2.1 - K6-2 500 - 256MB PC-100 - TNT2 Pro 16MB AGP - Labway Yamaha YMF719-E - Midiman MM401
Amibay For Sale Threads
I have lots of PC stuff for sale on Mercari! Get $10 off your first purchase with my invite link!
User avatar
Ozzuneoj
Oldbie
 
Posts: 1536
Joined: 2016-3-16 @ 21:33

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby cyclone3d » 2019-1-18 @ 05:42

Ozzuneoj wrote:That's a good idea. Sadly, I actually don't have a flat bed scanner anymore... we got rid of our inkjet printers last year and now only have a Brother laser with no scanner. I almost kept one for this purpose alone but this is the first time it has come up in years. My phone takes a very nice picture but the edges always end up dark, so it probably wouldn't be the best option for this. Any suggestions?


Does your work have copiers? If so, you should be able to scan to a USB stick at the very least if you don't have access to the scanner file share on the server.

Scanning stuff is not charged anything by the leasing company and/or supplies/maintenance company unless they have a really, really weird contract.

I'm currently an IT admin and have never seen any contract that charged anything for scanning.

I've scanned a ton of stuff that I needed to at my place of work. If in doubt, just ask.

Around here.. and pretty much anywhere in the USA, there are numerous shipping/printing places that have copiers as well. Not sure if they charge anything for you to just scan stuff. Never seen any pricing except for using the copiers to print/copy stuff.
User avatar
cyclone3d
l33t
 
Posts: 3504
Joined: 2015-4-08 @ 06:06
Location: Huntsville, AL USA

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby canthearu » 2019-1-18 @ 07:57

I'd force a printing company to eat any contract they attempted to put me on that would charge for scanning.

No way in hell I'd allow it here. That said, I am sure some places get shafted on this.
canthearu
Oldbie
 
Posts: 704
Joined: 2018-5-26 @ 01:00

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman » 2019-1-18 @ 15:25

keenerb wrote:Picked up my favorite PalmOS device EVER: Handera 330

I was one of the beta testers for TRGPro and Handera 330, I was really delighted to find one, boxed and (possibly?) complete on Ebay. I paid way too much for it, but I'm pretty pleased anyway!

handerabox.jpg
handera.jpg

Long, long time ago, before Android....

Ah, the good old memories. I remember reading Jurassic Park using one of those.
Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Say no to online installer.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.
User avatar
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
l33t
 
Posts: 2997
Joined: 2006-11-15 @ 06:44
Location: Indonesia

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby keenerb » 2019-1-18 @ 16:15

I would use a PalmOS device TODAY if I could get wireless sync. It's still much faster to jot down memo, add an appointment, update a contact than Android OR Apple.
keenerb
Oldbie
 
Posts: 764
Joined: 2006-11-13 @ 16:24

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Artex » 2019-1-18 @ 16:21

REVEAL Sound FX 32 Wave (SC600) (Ensoniq SoundScape S-2000 Clone) (2MB ROM) (Boxed) (1995)

Image
Image
Image
Image


Creative CT1910 (Creative Waveblaster II GamePak) (NOS) (1994)

Image
Image
Click [here] to see my collection of retro bliss!
Click [here] to see my "I just gotta have it"' list!
Image
User avatar
Artex
l33t
 
Posts: 2064
Joined: 2012-3-24 @ 21:34
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Vynix » 2019-1-18 @ 16:55

Finally got my parcel, the two keyboards arrived safe and sound...

IMG_20190118_174602.jpg


The first one (not really visible in the background...) is a shitty Dacomex keyboard: it flat out doesn't work (all it does is wildly flash the lock LEDs and nothing else) I suspect it's a loose wire as it sometimes starts working if I slam it hard enough (and for some reason it has a turbo key)

The second (and the one I really wanted) is a Impulse KWD-205... No idea if it's rubber dome (it sounds like it's mechanical but when I popped a keycap off it looked like a rubber dome one thing is sure it makes a lot of noise) or whatever, it does looks like a Dell QuietKey... It was all caked in grime and whatnot stuff, and yes it's more yellowed than it looks in the pictures :dead: but hey! it works!

Along with the impulse KWD keyboard, the seller included a AT-DIN5 to PS/2 adapter cable.
IMG_20190118_174631.jpg
The AT DIN to PS/2 adapter
Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]
User avatar
Vynix
Member
 
Posts: 232
Joined: 2018-12-11 @ 11:06
Location: France

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby detritus olentus » 2019-1-18 @ 21:29

Ozzuneoj wrote:That's a good idea. Sadly, I actually don't have a flat bed scanner anymore... we got rid of our inkjet printers last year and now only have a Brother laser with no scanner. I almost kept one for this purpose alone but this is the first time it has come up in years. My phone takes a very nice picture but the edges always end up dark, so it probably wouldn't be the best option for this. Any suggestions?


I've got a rather useful app on my phone called Camscanner that will convert pictures to pdf or leave as images and allows you to mess with colors a bit. I'd say if your phone makes dark edges, use the Camscanner to take a picture that's a bit of a larger field and then crop the extra out.
User avatar
detritus olentus
Newbie
 
Posts: 92
Joined: 2018-8-13 @ 20:02
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman » 2019-1-18 @ 23:42

keenerb wrote:I would use a PalmOS device TODAY if I could get wireless sync. It's still much faster to jot down memo, add an appointment, update a contact than Android OR Apple.

Can you synchronize your contacts with Google Contacts?
Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Say no to online installer.
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.
User avatar
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman
l33t
 
Posts: 2997
Joined: 2006-11-15 @ 06:44
Location: Indonesia

Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

Postby Munx » 2019-1-19 @ 12:18

Something caught my eye today in a pile of junk PCBs - A 386 motherboard! For the premium price of 3€ it came into my possession.
P_20190119_131120.jpg

Has an AMD dx40, 64K of cache. Cannot check if it works as I dont have any functional ISA video cards. I'm quite surprised the battery hasnt leaked at all.
My builds!
The FireStarter 2.0 - The wooden K5
The Underdog - The budget K6
The Voodoo powerhouse - The power-hungry K7
The troll PC - The Socket 423 Pentium 4
User avatar
Munx
Oldbie
 
Posts: 510
Joined: 2015-3-21 @ 19:36
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania

PreviousNext

Return to General Old Hardware

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grem Five, ragefury32, rmay635703 and 12 guests