Reply 31540 of 52813, by dionb

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
appiah4 wrote:
oeuvre wrote:

marry her

Since she's already his wife I'm guessing you want him to marry the keyboard? The obvious question is, which one?

The second generation black-on-white sticker one, of course 😉

My parner does her best to discourage my old hardware stuff, fat chance of me getting something like this from her. Still, got a Herman Miller Aeron chair from her for my 40th, so more than enough reason to enter a registered partnership, even if she does begrudge me my Ms and the F battleship 😜

Reply 31541 of 52813, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gex85 wrote:
After being on a business trip for a few days, I came back to the office to find that three packages had arrived :happy: Withou […]
Show full quote

After being on a business trip for a few days, I came back to the office to find that three packages had arrived 😀
Without going into further detail, all this stuff was very reasonably priced (~ 120€ for everything).
Some of these cards will make for very nice additions to my systems, others will go into storage to be used later.

No. 1: "The big lot"

- Creative 3D Blaster Annihilator Pro, CT6970 (GeForce 256 DDR 32MB)
- ELSA ERAZOR X -A32 (GeForce 256 SDR 32MB)
- ELSA ERAZOR III Pro -32 ViVo (TNT2 Pro 32MB)
- Voodoo 3 2000 16MB AGP (STB 210-0364-003)
- Matrox Marvel G400-TV 16MB (MGI G4+MVTA16GRI)
- PixelView FX5900 XT 128MB (PV-N35XA(128JD))
- Aztech MM PRO 16IIIS+PNP BP (AZT2320)
- Creative SB AWE64 CT4520
- Symbios Logic CI-2520/60 Rev. B SCSI Controller (ca. 1997)

IMG_5208 resized.JPG

- Ricoh MP6200S 2x/2x/6x SCSI (May 1998)
- Plextor Plexwriter 8/4/32A PX-W8432Ti (Jan. 2000, the first IDE CD-RW drive ever made by Plextor)
- Teac CD-532E (Oct. 1998)

No. 2: "The small lot"

- Diamond Sonic Impact S90 (Aureal Vortex AU8820B2) (this was the main reason to get this lot)
- 2x Corsair XMS2 CM2X1024-6400C (4-4-4-12 800 MHz 1024MB)
- Geil GX21GB5300SDC (3-4-4-8 667 MHz 512MB)

No. 3: "The free lot"

- ASUS V9950 Ultra (GeForce FX 5900 Ultra) 256MB
- ASUS EN7300GT PCIe (EN7300GT/Silent/HTD/256M/A)
- Network Card RTL8139C
- Creative CT4810 PCI
- Modem IF05002037 (Lucent HV90P-T PCI)
- Medion TV-Tuner 7134 / V.9X DSP Data/Fax Modem

Oh my god, that ricoh burner was my first cd burner from year 97 i belive....
it burns 2x and was the first cd burner on the market to burn Rewritable media.

Reply 31542 of 52813, by Grzyb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mpe wrote:

Got this VLB card. After testing It turns out to be my fastest VLB card yet.

Oh yes, a PCI-era chipset is sure to be very fast by VLB standards.

Żywotwór planetarny, jego gnijące błoto, jest świtem egzystencji, fazą wstępną, i wyłoni się z krwawych ciastomózgowych miedź miłująca...

Reply 31543 of 52813, by cj_reha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Brought home a lot of goodies over the weekend, a few things I'd been looking for and hope to get working well. 😊

- Generic minitower with fairly basic socket 7 system inside. Aureal Vortex sound card, but otherwise not really interesting. It was really cheap and I practically bought it for the case.
- "BAS PC" clone desktop. Nabbed this system purely for the cool factor, that case is kickass! 😲 Missing the disk drives, but shouldn't be too hard to find replacements. 8088 CPU, turns on and beeps but I have not tried a video test yet. Not sure about the RAM amount.
- IBM PC XT. Pretty rough shape, rusty and missing the hard drive, but otherwise complete. Has some kind of 286 accelerator card inside clipped to the CPU socket, I plan on investigating further. Considering stripping the top and repainting it some gaudy, non-IBM color for the laughs.
- Amiga 2000. This was one of my wishlist machines, so I'm pretty psyched I finally got one! Absolutely bone stock, appears to have never been upgraded. Mild battery damage, the CPU appears to be pretty heavily corroded and the machine did not boot when I power tested it. This will require some trace repair, but nothing I can't handle.
- Sun Ultra 10. Not going to lie, I'm not at all familiar with Sun gear. However, it was $10 and came with the proprietary keyboard/mouse, so I couldn't pass it up. Someone evidently replaced the stock IDE drive with a 10K SCSI drive with the cable routed out the back, since the SCSI card only had an external port. If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid. 🤣

I also got a bit of stuff not pictured:

- 3x Power Mac 7200. All of them are missing the CD and hard drives, so I will likely just part them out, since the plastics are in poor shape. They've led hard lives.
- iMac G3, 400 MHz. Also in really poor shape, appears to have been dragged on its side, plastics broken, etc. Also picked this system up for the parts, but after adding some RAM, it actually does turn on and boot into Mac OS! Some relatively serious monitor issues, it looks like only the red gun works on the CRT and there's some substantial smearing, but I'm surprised it turned on at all.
- TI-99/4A + cassette deck. Boxed, plus some games.
- Atari 400. Rough shape, but it was a freebie, and I didn't have one. 🤣
- The parts from a dual Pentium III server. The case was so huge I couldn't fit it in my car, so I took the parts and left the case. Two 1000/133 socket 370 CPUs on MSI slockets and 1 GB of ECC RAM. I'm thinking I might build a Windows 2000 machine from them.
- Misc parts: MFM hard drive controller, three Apple Extended Keyboards, misc. Amiga software.

Hoping to start working on this stuff as soon as I finish some other projects currently taking up my time like restoring a vintage Zenith television set. I will post updates soon, might make a thread on it. 😀

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Filename
    Untitled.png
    File size
    620.44 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Join the Retro PC Discord! - https://discord.gg/UKAFchB
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDJYB_ZDsIzXGZz6J0txgCA

Reply 31544 of 52813, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mpe wrote:
Got this VLB card. After testing It turns out to be my fastest VLB card yet. Especially in Windows. In DOS all decent cards perf […]
Show full quote

Got this VLB card. After testing It turns out to be my fastest VLB card yet. Especially in Windows. In DOS all decent cards performs about the same.
0Dt648b.jpg

WOW ! Really nice find ! Probably one of the fastest VLB ever made afaik. I bought a Hecules Terminator with S3 Trio64 back decades ago from a swap meet and never knew anyone else that had anything similar until now.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 31545 of 52813, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Horun wrote:
dan86 wrote:

Hopefully the seller can still log in and get your shipping address to send the board

Thanks! He shipped the package a day ago and it is in transit. Ebay will not help me contact him or forward any questions I have, so far. Did find out he had been active on Ebay since 2010, changed his nick in 2016 and had over 500 total sales in the last 9 years. Wish they would tell me if he was banned or just unregistered/changed his nickname.

The board arrived today. Exact as he/she described it: "appears unused in original box". That it was but also had the original early 2004 BIOS and was missing backpanel i/o shield. Did have the original box, manual, cables and driver cd. Works and looks as if new though could have been soft mounted in a case (not screwed in). Also got a 1 pound bag of mixed PC-100 and 133 sdram for some other boards and a set of computer speakers in original box, everything inside still wrapped in plastic (until I unwrapped). No pic's of the ram cause ram is ram... Spent $10 plus a bit for shipping on mobo, $5.25 for the bag o ram and $8 locally on the speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_0625s.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_0625s.jpg
    File size
    1.16 MiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_0626s.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_0626s.jpg
    File size
    223.14 KiB
    Views
    File license
  • IMG_0627s.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_0627s.jpg
    File size
    318.96 KiB
    Views
    File license

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 31546 of 52813, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cj_reha wrote:
Brought home a lot of goodies over the weekend, a few things I'd been looking for and hope to get working well. :blush: […]
Show full quote

Brought home a lot of goodies over the weekend, a few things I'd been looking for and hope to get working well. 😊

- Generic minitower with fairly basic socket 7 system inside. Aureal Vortex sound card, but otherwise not really interesting. It was really cheap and I practically bought it for the case.
- "BAS PC" clone desktop. Nabbed this system purely for the cool factor, that case is kickass! 😲 Missing the disk drives, but shouldn't be too hard to find replacements. 8088 CPU, turns on and beeps but I have not tried a video test yet. Not sure about the RAM amount.
- IBM PC XT. Pretty rough shape, rusty and missing the hard drive, but otherwise complete. Has some kind of 286 accelerator card inside clipped to the CPU socket, I plan on investigating further. Considering stripping the top and repainting it some gaudy, non-IBM color for the laughs.
- Amiga 2000. This was one of my wishlist machines, so I'm pretty psyched I finally got one! Absolutely bone stock, appears to have never been upgraded. Mild battery damage, the CPU appears to be pretty heavily corroded and the machine did not boot when I power tested it. This will require some trace repair, but nothing I can't handle.
- Sun Ultra 10. Not going to lie, I'm not at all familiar with Sun gear. However, it was $10 and came with the proprietary keyboard/mouse, so I couldn't pass it up. Someone evidently replaced the stock IDE drive with a 10K SCSI drive with the cable routed out the back, since the SCSI card only had an external port. If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid. 🤣

I also got a bit of stuff not pictured:

- 3x Power Mac 7200. All of them are missing the CD and hard drives, so I will likely just part them out, since the plastics are in poor shape. They've led hard lives.
- iMac G3, 400 MHz. Also in really poor shape, appears to have been dragged on its side, plastics broken, etc. Also picked this system up for the parts, but after adding some RAM, it actually does turn on and boot into Mac OS! Some relatively serious monitor issues, it looks like only the red gun works on the CRT and there's some substantial smearing, but I'm surprised it turned on at all.
- TI-99/4A + cassette deck. Boxed, plus some games.
- Atari 400. Rough shape, but it was a freebie, and I didn't have one. 🤣
- The parts from a dual Pentium III server. The case was so huge I couldn't fit it in my car, so I took the parts and left the case. Two 1000/133 socket 370 CPUs on MSI slockets and 1 GB of ECC RAM. I'm thinking I might build a Windows 2000 machine from them.
- Misc parts: MFM hard drive controller, three Apple Extended Keyboards, misc. Amiga software.

Hoping to start working on this stuff as soon as I finish some other projects currently taking up my time like restoring a vintage Zenith television set. I will post updates soon, might make a thread on it. 😀

That Amiga 2000 is easily worth more than the rest of it all combined to me. Wonderful find. What are your plans with it once you repair the corrosion damage? Any upgrades in the pipeline?

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 31547 of 52813, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mpe wrote:
Got this VLB card. After testing It turns out to be my fastest VLB card yet. Especially in Windows. In DOS all decent cards perf […]
Show full quote

Got this VLB card. After testing It turns out to be my fastest VLB card yet. Especially in Windows. In DOS all decent cards performs about the same.
0Dt648b.jpg

Sweet. You don't see those very often.

I have an STB PowerGraph 64V VLB card.

STB_PowerGraph_64V_VLB.jpg
Filename
STB_PowerGraph_64V_VLB.jpg
File size
1.73 MiB
Views
File license

Pretty sure it is based on the Trio64V+ since the same model PCI card has the 64V+ (868 based) which has some additional acceleration when compared to the 64V (864 based):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S3_Trio

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 31548 of 52813, by Skanque

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
blurks wrote:

Nice finds and what a random assortment of paperworks alongside to it... 😀

Totally random papers, I guess its whats left from when the former owner upgraded his system, because its mainboard papers, processor and the Voodoo seems to have been replaced by the Radeon 9700 PRO.

VoodooTV FM joins the 3dfx collection.
IMG-E8769.jpg
3dfx family photo update
IMG-8773.jpg

Have a nice day

Reply 31549 of 52813, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Very impressive Voodoo collection! Congrats!

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 31550 of 52813, by Skanque

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
H3nrik V! wrote:

Very impressive Voodoo collection! Congrats!

Thank you! I think its exciting to collect for, and I like to watch other peoples collections as well.

On a side note, this grandfather Hercules arrived today. I have no other hardware of this era, but this card was to special to pass up.
IMG-8795.jpg

Reply 31551 of 52813, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

First batch of four I'm expecting today/tomorrow came in today.. Let's just say they were the top dog graphics card that battled it out for majority of 2001. 😀 Pictures later tomorrow, when all batches arrive.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 31552 of 52813, by arncht

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mpe wrote:
Show full quote

0Dt648b.jpg

how it compares to the arklogic in dos?
i give up the trio/virge cards - the visions have better output quality with the dedicated dacs.

My little retro computer world
Overdoze of the demoscene

Reply 31553 of 52813, by mpe

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
arncht wrote:

how it compares to the arklogic in dos?
i give up the trio/virge cards - the visions have better output quality with the dedicated dacs.

Unfortunately, I don't have any VLB ARK card in my collection. My experience after testing about 10+ different VLB models is that DOS performance is exclusively a function of interface speed. If you use 1994+ chip and as soon as the memory bandwidth is faster than VLB speed (which it always is when you have interleaved 32bit or 64bit interface) and you can keep VLB without waitstates the performance is about the same which is also likely the limit of my VLB bus. Out of my 10 cards 5 produce almost identical performance in DOS. Windows (and to some extent linear VESA modes) at high resolution is a different thing - there are major differences even within 64bit tier.

Blog|NexGen 586|S4

Reply 31554 of 52813, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The mailman dropped off my new scandoubler today. So I have been installing it. So I have done a small "unboxing" series of images.

Attachments

• IndiECSv2-01.jpg
    Filename
    IndiECSv2-01.jpg
    File size
    297.48 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    This was what came in the mail.
    File license
  • IndiECSv2-02.jpg
    Filename
    IndiECSv2-02.jpg
    File size
    291.13 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    This is the actual original box. Well packed for shipping. Not a scratch.
    File license
  • IndiECSv2-03.jpg
    Filename
    IndiECSv2-03.jpg
    File size
    395.92 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    In the packet, there were some promo and advertising stuff.
    File license
  • IndiECSv2-04.jpg
    Filename
    IndiECSv2-04.jpg
    File size
    377.94 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Well packed. Nothing was broken.
    File license
  • IndiECSv2-05.jpg
    Filename
    IndiECSv2-05.jpg
    File size
    614.94 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    This is the scandoubler. I have put a sticker over the varranty code...
    File license

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 31556 of 52813, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This dude with original PSU and USB midi interface...

Needs some minor cleaning...

Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is em-tee-thirty-two! ;D

Attachments

• IMG_20191211_204735.jpg
    Filename
    IMG_20191211_204735.jpg
    File size
    926.65 KiB
    Views
    File license

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 31558 of 52813, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
derSammler wrote:
liqmat wrote:

Great product.

The V2 is actually quite a big step backwards, buggy and with features removed. Get the V1 instead if you can.

That's the thing. The V1 have been sold out for the last two years. And it will not be produced anymore, because some of the components can not be sourced. And if I find a V1, then it is a used without varanty and extremely expansive. Nearly twice the price sometimes.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 31559 of 52813, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
derSammler wrote:
liqmat wrote:

Great product.

The V2 is actually quite a big step backwards, buggy and with features removed. Get the V1 instead if you can.

That's too bad. I installed the V1 on a revision 4.x board and it worked like a charm.