VOGONS

Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 3940 of 52819, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I second that. Really cool stuff. Before i got into collecting some stuff for my self i used to browse it and question my self the hell are half of those things 🤣

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 3941 of 52819, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
retrofanatic wrote:
Came across a nice lot of old commodore and tandy stuff. This haul will keep me busy for a while lol. I also picked up some atar […]
Show full quote

Came across a nice lot of old commodore and tandy stuff. This haul will keep me busy for a while 🤣. I also picked up some atari and other tandy gear a little while ago. More and more I am realizing my affinity to commodore and old atari st systems. I never got into amiga that much but I think I have a amiga 500 kicking around somewhere...its hard to pry me from traditional pc's for the most part but there is a lot of nostalgia in these alternative computers for me since most of my friends had them and I always found it interesting how some had different versions of the same pc games I had when I was younger. I'm looking forward to having some fun with these systems...I have a whole bunch of peripherals and random games for all these units in the form of cassettes and low density floppies...I'm hoping to try some out soon when I get some time.

20140515_183809_resized_1~2.jpg
20140515_184110_resized_1~2.jpg
20140515_181952_resized_1~2~2.jpg
20140515_184415_resized_1~2.jpg

That's awesome. My first computer was a VIC-20 and I have a boxed one in my collection. The C-16 is a bit of an oddball. You'll have best luck getting games for it from ebay UK. There's always C16 cassettes for sale there. I have a Plus 4. What I wish I could get my hands on is a 1551 floppy drive.It's in a black case to match the Plus 4 but is a helluva lot faster than a 1541. Problem is they are all made for European power since they were only ever sold there.I don't know if it's even possible to convert them to North American.

Reply 3942 of 52819, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got my Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo 2 today. I'm pretty sure that it's the 12MB version, as I can't see any missing chips, but I haven't checked properly yet. It works perfectly, and the game it came with really shows off just how good the texture quality was. It was a bit of a pain trying to get it into the Vectra though - the old girl's PCI ports and mounting system were a bit reluctant to be disturbed after all of these years, whilst the IDE cables tried their hardest to get in the way and block the long card!
VGGjzcVl.jpg
A9e7ym5l.jpg

Also, have a bonus photo of the Sony Vaio laptop reporting a 100% charge. I really don't think I can emphasize just how good a shape this thing is in enough.
kWEeqzZl.jpg

Reply 3945 of 52819, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

YESS! i have a voodoo 5500 pci on the way for my 3dfx collection!

Now all i need to find (still) is the 4500...

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 3946 of 52819, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bristlehog wrote:
http://geryon.ru/ct1350b_cms_preview.jpg […]
Show full quote

ct1350b_cms_preview.jpg

Great find! CMS chips included too!

What are you going to use that on? Old school XT system by any chance?

Reply 3947 of 52819, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nope, I am not a fan of neither XTs nor 286s. Maybe will use this to make a driver adding CMS compatibility to 200+ games like I did with Innovation SSI-2001. However, I am yet to find any information on CMS/Game Blaster low-level programming.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 3948 of 52819, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bristlehog wrote:

Nope, I am not a fan of neither XTs nor 286s. Maybe will use this to make a driver adding CMS compatibility to 200+ games like I did with Innovation SSI-2001. However, I am yet to find any information on CMS/Game Blaster low-level programming.

That sounds great....Very high level stuff (totally out of my league)...I think that having more CMS compatible DOS games would be awesome.

Reply 3950 of 52819, by Lukeno94

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not too shabby there - I've got a Avermedia digital tuner card in my main system. I picked up a bunch of old floppies today; most were uninteresting and had the previous owner's data on (which I've erased), but one is a Microsoft Official Curriculum disk; "#393C Introduction to Microsoft Visual C++ and Object Oriented Programming" student lab disk from 1994. Needless to say, I didn't wipe that one!

Reply 3951 of 52819, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Its here:

Filename
23052014200.jpg
File size
1023.2 KiB
Downloads
No downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

I hope while shutting down the black ball doesn't turn red and say : I cant let you do that Stojke 🤣

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 3952 of 52819, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BSA Starfire wrote:

I love the ST, still have my 520STFM from 1987 😀 You must play Starball for the ST if you haven't already, awesome PD pinball game, go on try it! 😀

I love pc pinball games...I will have to try it. I heard that the sound effects in star ball are amazing (for an ST)....I will have to look through my box of ST games to see if I have it.

Reply 3953 of 52819, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

4 of these new in box Genius GM-6 sealed in box new mouse.. ( two already arrived here)
Including box, manual, floppy.

$_12.JPG

No picture, But an Intel Pentium III 550 512KB Slot 1 processor without cpu fan (i have got those already here)

Iam doubt if i want to buy one (its expensive to ship it, but new they more much more pricier)

$T2eC16NHJGIE9nnWpU04BRY5Okkq2w~~60_12.JPG
Innoventions SimCheck Advanced Memory Tester

Iam only need a steping down voltage converter for it from 230Volt to 115 - 118volts..
This thing give me the opportunity to test a whole 30 pins simm ram / or sipp ram.. So i can see if i stick having defect memory chips..
So i dont have to throw away the whole stick, but just can replace the dead memory chip.

Last edited by Robin4 on 2014-05-23, 23:15. Edited 1 time in total.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 3955 of 52819, by retrofanatic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Robin4 wrote:
4 of these new in box Genius GM-6 sealed in box new mouse.. ( two already arrived here) […]
Show full quote

4 of these new in box Genius GM-6 sealed in box new mouse.. ( two already arrived here)

$_12.JPG

wow..it looks to be in such great shape. Looks brand new!

Will you use this mouse with the 3 button functionality? Do you know of any DOS based games or programs that benefit from having the 3 buttons? The only thing I can recall is a dos based cad program I used long time ago that allowed you to use the middle button. Also, I think there may have been a flight sim game that allowed me to use the 3rd button as well...it's been too long though so I can't remember what game it wasa exactly.

Reply 3956 of 52819, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just bought it because it was only 5 euros per sealed boxed.. I think its a big steal.. Its brand new in factory state for only 5 euros. (about 7 USD)
The seller also mentioned that it could switch in two diffent modes..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 3957 of 52819, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Robin4 wrote:
4 of these new in box Genius GM-6 sealed in box new mouse.. ( two already arrived here) Including box, manual, floppy. […]
Show full quote

Including box, manual, floppy.

$_12.JPG

I have the most similar mouse, GM-6000 from 1989, with short COM and 2-3 button switch on the wrist side. I wonder where they put it in your model! Mine has seen industrial use, but the thing is bullet-proof, (I even removed some colophony from the buttons, it did not damage the plastic!) and it looks well.

The one amazing thing about this mouse is how good it feels despite it's rectangular and seemingly uncomfotrable shape. The buttons go with a soft click and the mouse itself fits the hand very well, much better than most new ultra-compact notebook models.

Reply 3959 of 52819, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stojke wrote:

How is that mouse connected to the computer? I saw a few of those, also boxed.

Plug it in?

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel