Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 5220 of 52812, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:
Here's where I got mine: http://www.ebay.com/itm/147286-001-147908-001 … =item27b06841ee […]
Show full quote
joacim wrote:

I've only ever seen 3500s with the TV tuner on ebay. When I search now I only see ones with the TV tuner and missing the blue cable/box.

Got any links?

Here's where I got mine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/147286-001-147908-001 … =item27b06841ee

Kind of a generic search, but the keyword "Compaq" is key as it denotes the 5.5ns / 183Mhz Compaq OEM cards. You can see the Compaq sticker on these.

Holy crap that's cheap

Reply 5222 of 52812, by tokroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got these for free...

WP_20141024_19_59_23_Pro.jpg

GF 7300 SE 64 mb, Matrox Millennium 2 mb, FT-8501101 I/O card, Adaptec EISA SCSI-adapter and somekind of display adapter...i think...maybe someone smarter could tell me what that last card is 😀

Reply 5224 of 52812, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The last card looks like a Midiman MM-401 intelligent compatible MPU-401.

If the EPROM got erased because it's sticker was peeled of i believe that its contents have been dumped. So it would be actually easier to just replace it with a more modern pin compatible EEPROM.

Reply 5225 of 52812, by tokroger

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks carlostex, that's it. Googled it and it's really Midiman. Took it because it looked intresting even though sticker missing from eeprom. It has been storaged in antistatic bag and dark cellar. But it doesn't matter to me if it works or not, just cool to have one 😉

Reply 5226 of 52812, by Solarstorm

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tokroger wrote:

thanks carlostex, that's it. Googled it and it's really Midiman. Took it because it looked intresting even though sticker missing from eeprom. It has been storaged in antistatic bag and dark cellar. But it doesn't matter to me if it works or not, just cool to have one 😉

If it was stored in a dark place the ROM might still work. You might want to cover the eprom tho.

My YouTube Channel

Reply 5227 of 52812, by joacim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Artex wrote:

Here's where I got mine:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/147286-001-147908-001 … =item27b06841ee

Kind of a generic search, but the keyword "Compaq" is key as it denotes the 5.5ns / 183Mhz Compaq OEM cards. You can see the Compaq sticker on these.

Thanks. It should've come up in my saved search for (voodoo, 3dfx), but I guess I must have scrolled past it. 😀

Reply 5228 of 52812, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:

Going tomorrow to pick up an IBM 5151 monitor. Finally!!!!!!!!

Wow.

This thing is in IMMACULATE condition.

fpEn9tFl.jpg
NpxwVsFl.jpg
ZfYJb6Gl.jpg

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 5229 of 52812, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Freakin heck. Is that thing actually in never-been-cleaned clean condition, like it looks?

Shine a flashlight inside. See if it at least has a layer of dust to say it's spent some time out of its box.

Reply 5232 of 52812, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
pewpewpew wrote:

Freakin heck. Is that thing actually in never-been-cleaned clean condition, like it looks?

Yeah, it really is. The auction didn't even make mention of the cleanliness or that it was in the box. I was blown away.

pewpewpew wrote:

Shine a flashlight inside. See if it at least has a layer of dust to say it's spent some time out of its box.

There was none that I could see. 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 5234 of 52812, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Received my CM-110, "Cube Monitor" 2.1 monitor set back from Roland's service department on Wednesday. I'd purchased it back in early July, and had been disappointed by the white-noise levels produced by the power amplifcation section, given the advertised use for near-field applications, and in contrast with the (arguably) more-appropriate use cases of PA venue amplification, keyboard and drum monitoring, etc. I contacted Roland about it, and, two days later, the set was on its way to their service department for modification. Even now, I'm not entirely sure what the modification entailed - only that it required a new component board from Japan that took two months to produce - but the result is simply fantastic.

Roland really went above-and-beyond to address my concern, and I have only praise for the work they performed entirely at their own expense. Mad props.

CM110.jpg

Someday, I'll actually get around to posting the complete specs for this system...

Reply 5235 of 52812, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As of today, the winter has been here for a week already.
P1040699.JPG
Also, I've got a bunch of stuff from an old friend:
P1040700.JPG
P1040701.JPG
P1040702.JPG
P1040704.JPG

MSI Geforce 9800GT, Palit Geforce 3 Ti200, ASUS P5K motherboard, Acorp 5ALI61. And the last but not the least, behold! Gigabyte GA-586IS Socket 4 motherboard with gold-capped Pentium-60:

P1040703.JPG

The ASUS P5K board came with C2D E6850 installed (not on the picture), which was immediately claimed by my girlfriend to replace her Wolfdale Pentium. The board itself will replace P5B in my main computer. What's the best use for Ti200? Tualatin rig? I also have Ti4200, is it in every way superior to Ti200?

Reply 5236 of 52812, by obobskivich

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes Ti4200 will be superior in basically every way - both are NV2x and the 4200 is faster. They'd both work well in a machine that needs to support DX7/8; a P3 could be a good example, so could a P4, an Athlon or AthlonXP, etc.

Reply 5237 of 52812, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
obobskivich wrote:

Yes Ti4200 will be superior in basically every way - both are NV2x and the 4200 is faster. They'd both work well in a machine that needs to support DX7/8; a P3 could be a good example, so could a P4, an Athlon or AthlonXP, etc.

That's sad... The card looks solid and cool, with those heatsinks all over the board. It also has 128Mb memory, very good for a Gf3. Besides, I have beafier cards for AthlonXP, a whole bunch of Radeons, from 9550 to 9800Pro.

RacoonRider wrote:
Geforce 4 Ti 4200 (What brand is it? the fan is most probably not original) https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99196890/vogons/ […]
Show full quote

Geforce 4 Ti 4200 (What brand is it? the fan is most probably not original)
P1040672.JPG

Nope, the fan is original. It's Axle 128Mb DDRAM Geforce 4 Ti4200-8x DVI/TVout according to a review I accidentally found online.

Reply 5238 of 52812, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Cloudschatze wrote:
Received my CM-110, "Cube Monitor" 2.1 monitor set back from Roland's service department on Wednesday. I'd purchased it back in […]
Show full quote

Received my CM-110, "Cube Monitor" 2.1 monitor set back from Roland's service department on Wednesday. I'd purchased it back in early July, and had been disappointed by the white-noise levels produced by the power amplifcation section, given the advertised use for near-field applications, and in contrast with the (arguably) more-appropriate use cases of PA venue amplification, keyboard and drum monitoring, etc. I contacted Roland about it, and, two days later, the set was on its way to their service department for modification. Even now, I'm not entirely sure what the modification entailed - only that it required a new component board from Japan that took two months to produce - but the result is simply fantastic.

Roland really went above-and-beyond to address my concern, and I have only praise for the work they performed entirely at their own expense. Mad props.

http://www.symphoniae.com/misc/CM110.jpg

Someday, I'll actually get around to posting the complete specs for this system...

Pretty cool setup. How does Dell OptiPlex GX1 perform as an retro computer?

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"