Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 840 of 52811, by memsys

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
5u3 wrote:

Found this for a couple of € at a second-hand store today. 😀

Nice find 5u3 , IF you are going to use it on a modern system you need an active PS/2 to USB converter HERE is a list of adapters and converters .

Also the model M is still being made by a company called Unicomp HERE is the link to their website .

Reply 841 of 52811, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
luckybob wrote:
just won a couple auctions on ebay. I wont spoil it, i want to see what everyone sees when I post the links: […]
Show full quote

just won a couple auctions on ebay. I wont spoil it, i want to see what everyone sees when I post the links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280805717651
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270898270469

*giggles with excitement*

I cant wait for it all to get here. And for the record, the V2's in the 2nd link are being sold to a friend for $25. so essentially i got that auction 1/2 price.

everything got here today! yay! And the 2 of the 3 things I was looking at the MOST were both broken! YAY!!! /sarcasm
anyway I took pictures with my phone of the more interesting stuff:

Geforce 2 GTS 32mb @ 166mhz (according to the chip part numbers)
img202s.th.jpg

geforce fx5200 256mb
img203k.th.jpg

ati X800XL one broken cap, but should be easily replaceable (har har) I'm 0 for 1 for things that I want out of this lot.
img205f.th.jpg

PCI rage pro (agp 2x) AIW I did find it slightly funny it still had agp on the chip with a pci interface
img206wf.th.jpg

mx440 8x ddr 128mb with tv. Sure its not a 460, but I bet it will overclock to one. that and having 128mb of ram. its cool!
img208t.th.jpg

ACU MOS 16bit isa video card. This seems pretty interesting. I'm not expecting it to be better than my tseng, but ANY isa card is worth grabbing. Espically brands you never heard of.
img209w.th.jpg

Random matrox pci card. A milenium 2 if memory serves me.
img210u.th.jpg

PCI rage 128 AIW I like AIW cards. Espically the pci ones. ^.^
img211.th.jpg

ASUS sp37-v with K6-300 Looks like the board has ps/2 and usb with onboard video. should be worth a look.
img214o.th.jpg

8 bit ethernet card. "Tiara lancard/e" has a socket for a BOOTROM. I was under the impression those diddnt come out until later than 87'...
img215j.th.jpg

Monster sound MX300 WITH wavetable!!! I bought a $50 lot JUST for this card. And guess what? A cap was ripped off during shipping. >.< It looks like I can repair it. This will be the final piece to my Slot-A/sli-V2 setup. I'm going to have to repair the trace, and scavenge a cap... I'm 0 for 2 for the cool things.
img217e.th.jpg

matrox millenium. normally not worth much, but this one has a 2mb memory add-on. The add-ons arent very common. Definatly worth taking a picture of.
img222p.th.jpg

Nvidia riva tnt 4mb. BLEH.
img225d.th.jpg
I got TWO of these cards, and I had NO clue what they were from the picture, but I was surprised to find they WEREN'T video capture cards, but Matrox G100 4-head video cards. However the CATV is a puzzle to me. is it an input or an output? Does it output 4 monitors to 1 channel or 4 monitors to 4 channels? Because the latter would be PIMP. If anyone knows for sure let me know okay? Also, one uses a intel pci bridge and is a referb, where the 2nd was made by digital.
img227w.th.jpg

Shuttle HOT-591P rev 3.1 At first I thought this was a no name super 7 board, but in tiny text in the very corner I found 591p. Doesn't look like anything special at first glance, however in onboard silkscreen, it has OFFICIAL settings for K6-3 processors. KEWL!
img228b.th.jpg

And here is the reason I haven't bee posting much lately. I got a puppy for Xmas. since I got her on the 1st, she has gone from 13 pounds to almost 25. I'm honestly scared. Her name is Asuka and she is a Husky/ german shepard mix. (according to the shelter anyway) I think I see Husky & Akita, but I could be wrong. And YES I did name my dog after an anime charactor. The personalities match, I swear.
img233y.th.jpgimg188s.th.jpg

TWO STB Black magic voodoo 2 video cards. Natually with no sli cable or vga passthrough. One is missing a cap, but it dodesnt look important. SADLY these are the 8mb version, not the 12. I have someone who wanted to buy the pair for $25 but that deal kinda fell through. I should definatly test these and the i will sell them.
img224l.th.jpg

no-name Slot A board. Looks like an IFC board but I'm not sure. It came with a K7-500 which will join the others in my project to build a brick house out of old slot processors... But if the board works, its definatly worth a few dollars. WORKING slot A boards are not all that common. This board is CLEAN. I mean NEW clean.
img231l.th.jpg

I also picked up, but did not take pictures of:
3x pci nics
5x 56k pci modems
1x NEW pc100 256mb ecc/reg
1x 128mb ECC EDO 50ns DIMM
no name slot 1 board with 500/100 P3
few pc100 dimms
a low quality pci video capture card

All this for the LOW LOW price of $68 (with shipping). Except for Asuka, I paid $250 for her at the adoption agency.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 842 of 52811, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:
everything got here today! yay! And the 2 of the 3 things I was looking at the MOST were both broken! YAY!!! /sarcasm anyway […]
Show full quote
luckybob wrote:
just won a couple auctions on ebay. I wont spoil it, i want to see what everyone sees when I post the links: […]
Show full quote

just won a couple auctions on ebay. I wont spoil it, i want to see what everyone sees when I post the links:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280805717651
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270898270469

*giggles with excitement*

I cant wait for it all to get here. And for the record, the V2's in the 2nd link are being sold to a friend for $25. so essentially i got that auction 1/2 price.

everything got here today! yay! And the 2 of the 3 things I was looking at the MOST were both broken! YAY!!! /sarcasm
anyway I took pictures with my phone of the more interesting stuff:

Geforce 2 GTS 32mb @ 166mhz (according to the chip part numbers)
img202s.th.jpg

geforce fx5200 256mb
img203k.th.jpg

ati X800XL one broken cap, but should be easily replaceable (har har) I'm 0 for 1 for things that I want out of this lot.
img205f.th.jpg

PCI rage pro (agp 2x) AIW I did find it slightly funny it still had agp on the chip with a pci interface
img206wf.th.jpg

mx440 8x ddr 128mb with tv. Sure its not a 460, but I bet it will overclock to one. that and having 128mb of ram. its cool!
img208t.th.jpg

ACU MOS 16bit isa video card. This seems pretty interesting. I'm not expecting it to be better than my tseng, but ANY isa card is worth grabbing. Espically brands you never heard of.
img209w.th.jpg

Random matrox pci card. A milenium 2 if memory serves me.
img210u.th.jpg

PCI rage 128 AIW I like AIW cards. Espically the pci ones. ^.^
img211.th.jpg

ASUS sp37-v with K6-300 Looks like the board has ps/2 and usb with onboard video. should be worth a look.
img214o.th.jpg

8 bit ethernet card. "Tiara lancard/e" has a socket for a BOOTROM. I was under the impression those diddnt come out until later than 87'...
img215j.th.jpg

Monster sound MX300 WITH wavetable!!! I bought a $50 lot JUST for this card. And guess what? A cap was ripped off during shipping. >.< It looks like I can repair it. This will be the final piece to my Slot-A/sli-V2 setup. I'm going to have to repair the trace, and scavenge a cap... I'm 0 for 2 for the cool things.
img217e.th.jpg

matrox millenium. normally not worth much, but this one has a 2mb memory add-on. The add-ons arent very common. Definatly worth taking a picture of.
img222p.th.jpg

Nvidia riva tnt 4mb. BLEH.
img225d.th.jpg
I got TWO of these cards, and I had NO clue what they were from the picture, but I was surprised to find they WEREN'T video capture cards, but Matrox G100 4-head video cards. However the CATV is a puzzle to me. is it an input or an output? Does it output 4 monitors to 1 channel or 4 monitors to 4 channels? Because the latter would be PIMP. If anyone knows for sure let me know okay? Also, one uses a intel pci bridge and is a referb, where the 2nd was made by digital.
img227w.th.jpg

Shuttle HOT-591P rev 3.1 At first I thought this was a no name super 7 board, but in tiny text in the very corner I found 591p. Doesn't look like anything special at first glance, however in onboard silkscreen, it has OFFICIAL settings for K6-3 processors. KEWL!
img228b.th.jpg

And here is the reason I haven't bee posting much lately. I got a puppy for Xmas. since I got her on the 1st, she has gone from 13 pounds to almost 25. I'm honestly scared. Her name is Asuka and she is a Husky/ german shepard mix. (according to the shelter anyway) I think I see Husky & Akita, but I could be wrong. And YES I did name my dog after an anime charactor. The personalities match, I swear.
img233y.th.jpgimg188s.th.jpg

TWO STB Black magic voodoo 2 video cards. Natually with no sli cable or vga passthrough. One is missing a cap, but it dodesnt look important. SADLY these are the 8mb version, not the 12. I have someone who wanted to buy the pair for $25 but that deal kinda fell through. I should definatly test these and the i will sell them.
img224l.th.jpg

no-name Slot A board. Looks like an IFC board but I'm not sure. It came with a K7-500 which will join the others in my project to build a brick house out of old slot processors... But if the board works, its definatly worth a few dollars. WORKING slot A boards are not all that common. This board is CLEAN. I mean NEW clean.
img231l.th.jpg

I also picked up, but did not take pictures of:
3x pci nics
5x 56k pci modems
1x NEW pc100 256mb ecc/reg
1x 128mb ECC EDO 50ns DIMM
no name slot 1 board with 500/100 P3
few pc100 dimms
a low quality pci video capture card

All this for the LOW LOW price of $68 (with shipping). Except for Asuka, I paid $250 for her at the adoption agency.

I always bid low on grab bags of video cards because you never really know for sure how many of them will be working when they arrive. At least if you bid low you can expect a certain percentage of them to be broken and still not have wasted your money. If you're using them for a museum display or for framing to hang on the wall then it doesn't really matter if they work or not, but for testing purposes you really want as many of them as possible to be functional and to be able to afford to buy replacements for the ones that don't.

Reply 843 of 52811, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
luckybob wrote:
mx440 8x ddr 128mb with tv. Sure its not a 460, but I bet it will overclock to one. that and having 128mb of ram. its cool! h […]
Show full quote

img208t.th.jpg

I have a Abit Siluro MX440 that was marketed as being for modders and overclockers. Has 4ns memory and a larger then normal cooler on it, and used a nice blue pcb.

http://www.pchardware.ro/Reviews/review.php?id=167&p=5
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/198/abit_sil … iew/index6.html

Reply 844 of 52811, by maddmaxstar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:
Shuttle HOT-591P rev 3.1 At first I thought this was a no name super 7 board, but in tiny text in the very corner I found 591p. […]
Show full quote

img228b.th.jpg

I had one of those Boards back in the day. VIA Apollo MVP3 based, it's not the quickest SS7 board, and if I recall correctly it had a funky jumpering system for changing the FSB/AGP ratios, etc...

Still, the HOT-591P can be patched to take K6-2+/III+ chips which you can still get off eBay cheaply if you wanted to build a system out of it. Here's a link: http://web.inter.nl.net/hcc/J.Steunebrink/k6plus.htm

sliderider wrote:
no-name Slot A board. Looks like an IFC board but I'm not sure. It came with a K7-500 which will join the others in my project […]
Show full quote

img231l.th.jpg

That's not an FIC board. I believe that's a DFI AK70. Awesome that's got the original AMD 750 Irongate chipset, and I always wanted a dual fan CPU cooler for my K7.

Even though some of the parts were damaged, that was still a good haul for the price!

= Phenom II X6 1090T(HD4850) =
= K7-550(V3-3000) =
= K6-2+ 500(V3-2000) =
= Pentium 75 Gold(Voodoo1) =
= Am486DX4-120(3DXpression+) =
= TI486DLC-40(T8900D) =
= i386sx-16+i387(T8900D) =

Reply 845 of 52811, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's not an FIC board. I believe that's a DFI AK70. Awesome that's got the original AMD 750 Irongate chipset, and I always wanted a dual fan CPU cooler for my K7.

Confirmed, I have an AK70 here, that's definitely it. 😀 I have the manual if you need it too.

I've been planning a Slot A build for a while but I just haven't got around to it yet. I've got an 800MHz Slot A Thunderbird to throw in there, and an AGP Voodoo 5 5500 😀

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 846 of 52811, by maddmaxstar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
DonutKing wrote:

I've been planning a Slot A build for a while but I just haven't got around to it yet. I've got an 800MHz Slot A Thunderbird to throw in there, and an AGP Voodoo 5 5500 😀

Then it's a good thing it's running the AMD 750 chipset. As I recall, the Thunderbirds didn't like the VIA KX133 boards, something to do with a timing issue due to the pathways being too long for chipset to slot when using the TBird core. That's why there was a big switch to Socket A and the Slot-A Thunderbirds were only available through OEM channels. But the AMD (and I think ALi had one as well) chipsets actually followed the original specification and worked fine.

That should make a nice system for Glide gaming!

= K7-550(V3-3000) =
= K6-2+ 500(V3-2000) =
= TI486DLC-40(T8900D) =

Reply 847 of 52811, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
maddmaxstar wrote:
DonutKing wrote:

Then it's a good thing it's running the AMD 750 chipset. As I recall, the Thunderbirds didn't like the VIA KX133 boards, something to do with a timing issue due to the pathways being too long for chipset to slot when using the TBird core. That's why there was a big switch to Socket A and the Slot-A Thunderbirds were only available through OEM channels. But the AMD (and I think ALi had one as well) chipsets actually followed the original specification and worked fine.

I've heard that a bios update corrects this issue in most cases. 😜 Either way, I'm SO CLOSE to building my sli v2 rig and posting it here.

however:

AMD Athlon processors (both original and the newer Thunderbird/Duron) use 2 distinct signaling types; OPEN-DRAIN and PUSH-PULL. Below is a list of these signaling types and what processors were made supporting them.

1. OPEN-DRAIN: All original Slot A AMD Athlons and Slot A Thunderbird processors. **
2. PUSH-PULL: All Socket A Durons, all Socket A Thunderbirds.

** From our understanding the Slot A Thunderbird was configured for use with OPEN-DRAIN but only on AMD 750 chipset equipped motherboards.

M/B's designed with the VIA Apollo KX133 chipset which in turn was designed for use with the original AMD Athlon. The newer Athlon Thunderbird processors are not guaranteed to run stable with the VIA KX133 chipset.

Although the Thunderbird processor was mainly intended for Socket A motherboards there was a small production of Slot A versions for OEM companies only. These were intended for use with motherboards based upon the AMD 750 chipset only.
(Taken from EPoX website)

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 848 of 52811, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

to be honest I think that chipsets were always an issue for the Athlon, I owned a couple of AMD systems with VIA and SIS chipsets back in the day and none of them were brilliant - not like the old 440LX that I upgraded from which was just rock stable, with no funny little quirks. It wasn't really until the nForce chipset came out that I feel there was a real quality chipset available for the platform.

I hope so 😀 I did have a P2-450, Abit BX6, Voodoo 2 SLI, Matrox G200 system which I was using for old glide games... but I "loaned" it to my brother and I haven't seen it since....

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 849 of 52811, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Today i have bin gone to two recycle centers..

Bought 2 nice DIN keyboard (from the pentium 1 time i think)
They look really new to me.. 2 euros each

Got a nice new looking PS/2 mouse for 2 euros.

Bought 3 computer books 0.50 euro cent each..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 850 of 52811, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
luckybob wrote:
I got TWO of these cards, and I had NO clue what they were from the picture, but I was surprised to find they WEREN'T video capt […]
Show full quote

img227w.th.jpg

Its Tv tuner. So i guess you can broadcast tv signal or camera to 4 monitors. But good luck with searching for custom matrox monitor cables. Manual is here...
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/media/pdf/supp … uals/en_mms.pdf

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 851 of 52811, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Been looking for one of these for years, finally found one! Even new in box at that.
It's not dated but I seen one in boot magazine's 1997 Dream Machine. Can't make up my mind if I should put it in my 1997 box or my 1999 box. Guss I need to find another. 🤣

cp-vue_front.jpg

cp-vue_back.jpg

Reply 852 of 52811, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

86dsc00345.jpg

60dsc00346.jpg

72dsc00347.jpg

Roland MPU-IPC-T complete with manual and drivers/ without box..

Drove about 168 km for it in my moped car(with my girlfriend):

32035.jpg

And JUST 10 euros of cost. Its not tested, so i dont know if it works.
But for 10 euros its a worth to try.. 😁

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 853 of 52811, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

10 Euros... Very nice! I guess bargains do still exist 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 854 of 52811, by maddmaxstar

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got these over the last week:

6787689769_d5c8341524_z.jpg

At a local thrift store (Value Village!) I got a Logitech Attack 3 USB joystick, looks in mint shape and appears that the USB cable was never unravelled. Not really retro (it's actually still a current model), but it's a nice score for 4$.

The other stuff I got at a Flea Market today. I got a Yamaha YMF719 based ISA Sound card, and a 230w ATX power supply (no P4 connector), both for 8 bucks. Might end up building another box with these parts, who knows.

= K7-550(V3-3000) =
= K6-2+ 500(V3-2000) =
= TI486DLC-40(T8900D) =

Reply 855 of 52811, by Mystery

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

wowserverblade1.jpg
Not strictly retro, but I've got a lot of nostalgic memories associated with it.

I got the exact realm I've played on since launch until I quit a couple of months ago.

Photo isn't mine, so the name on the plate is different.

Oh, if anyone cares, it's a HP BL25P 😉

::42::

Reply 857 of 52811, by jwt27

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
maddmaxstar wrote:
I got these over the last week: […]
Show full quote

I got these over the last week:

6787689769_d5c8341524_z.jpg

At a local thrift store (Value Village!) I got a Logitech Attack 3 USB joystick, looks in mint shape and appears that the USB cable was never unravelled. Not really retro (it's actually still a current model), but it's a nice score for 4$.

The other stuff I got at a Flea Market today. I got a Yamaha YMF719 based ISA Sound card, and a 230w ATX power supply (no P4 connector), both for 8 bucks. Might end up building another box with these parts, who knows.

Nice find 😀 IMO that Yamaha card is awesome for DOS gaming!

Reply 858 of 52811, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mystery wrote:
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2259/wowserverblade1.jpg Not strictly retro, but I've got a lot of nostalgic memories associa […]
Show full quote

wowserverblade1.jpg
Not strictly retro, but I've got a lot of nostalgic memories associated with it.

I got the exact realm I've played on since launch until I quit a couple of months ago.

Photo isn't mine, so the name on the plate is different.

Oh, if anyone cares, it's a 😉

What is it supposed to be? Is it the motherboard from the first computer you played WoW with?

Reply 859 of 52811, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

sliderider, I *think* this is the original server that the game specific region was running online...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website