Bought these (retro) hardware today

Topic actions

Reply 9800 of 52884, by kithylin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
saturn wrote:

I just bought a pair of modded 1.4ghz Piii-s for my abit vp6. It's not 100% tested/compatible so im going to be the genie pig. I got them from the guy in Korea that sells them.

Please do report back on this. I am greatly interested if that works in that board. I've been considering it for a long while but never could talk myself in to trying it in case it didn't work.

Reply 9801 of 52884, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Of the few blue lightnings on ebay just now... I could not resist, it was expensive but it is also semi-local so shipping wasn't too high: -

Attachments

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

EISA Graphic Cards ¦ EISA Graphic Card Benchmarks

Reply 9802 of 52884, by oerk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
386_junkie wrote:

Of the few blue lightnings on ebay just now... I could not resist, it was expensive but it is also semi-local so shipping wasn't too high: -

Ha! I was watching that one too.

Please report back which kind of motherboard yours has and if it's ISA, VLB or PCI - I seem to have a newer revision, but it's hard to tell.

Reply 9803 of 52884, by saturn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
kithylin wrote:
saturn wrote:

I just bought a pair of modded 1.4ghz Piii-s for my abit vp6. It's not 100% tested/compatible so im going to be the genie pig. I got them from the guy in Korea that sells them.

Please do report back on this. I am greatly interested if that works in that board. I've been considering it for a long while but never could talk myself in to trying it in case it didn't work.

The guy that sells them told me that only one other person has tried them and he had problems but he was not very smart and could not properly test them. The other guy said that it did not perform well and was not 100% stable. Could have been bad caps... or one of many things...

He told me with a multimeter and soldering iron we could fix any problem that comes up.
I do know that with a socket adapter you can use one 1.4ghz P3-s but not 2. SMP setups need a different pin mod.

Reply 9804 of 52884, by brassicGamer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Found this lot with very little description - I've been trying to get better at finding stuff people are selling when they don't know what it is. So I'm not sure if I got a bargain or not yet - to be tested. Also depends on whether I can find the time to straighten the pins! The DX was listed as just that - my fingers are crossed for 50MHz!

rps20151130_175136_720.jpg
Filename
rps20151130_175136_720.jpg
File size
162.21 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
rps20151130_175239_814.jpg
Filename
rps20151130_175239_814.jpg
File size
106.14 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Check out my blog and YouTube channel for thoughts, articles, system profiles, and tips.

Reply 9806 of 52884, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

Things are going well - 6 weeks old already!! She's slowly sleeping longer through the night so that's good. Not much time for anything else (had to sneak away to ge these pictures taken!) Thanks for asking btw!

I found a local seller on eBay who had two of them and I knocked him down a bit on price.

Nice one - before you know it's six years old! I'll have 2 kids in school next year, amazing stuff.

Does your local seller still have the second one do you know?

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 9807 of 52884, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AWE32-CT3900 (2mb or 8mb ram), 16bit ISA HDD-Controller, ISA MFM-Controller and some bonus hardware, in order to fill out 2 kilogram shipping. Items all for free. Only paid for the shipping. Posting pictures when it arrives.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 9808 of 52884, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
badmojo wrote:
Artex wrote:

Things are going well - 6 weeks old already!! She's slowly sleeping longer through the night so that's good. Not much time for anything else (had to sneak away to ge these pictures taken!) Thanks for asking btw!

I found a local seller on eBay who had two of them and I knocked him down a bit on price.

Nice one - before you know it's six years old! I'll have 2 kids in school next year, amazing stuff.

Does your local seller still have the second one do you know?

You're telling me!! She's already grown out of her newborn clothes and diapers. 😜 Unfortunately, the seller sold the other one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/331709302329) the same day I bought mine. Sorry!

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 9809 of 52884, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Artex wrote:

You're telling me!! She's already grown out of her newborn clothes and diapers. 😜

Yeah. My daughter turned 7 this November. Still remember holding her for the first time, carrying her around for 1 hour straight and singing her first song for her. Man.... All this brings back some good memories. Especially taking my 6 months parental leave, walking her in her trolly and her smearing out bannanas all over the pillow and all.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 9810 of 52884, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:

Unfortunately, the seller sold the other one (http://www.ebay.com/itm/331709302329) the same day I bought mine. Sorry!

Hot damn I'm having bad vintage hardware luck lately! Sigh.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 9811 of 52884, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
oerk wrote:
386_junkie wrote:

Ha! I was watching that one too.

Please report back which kind of motherboard yours has and if it's ISA, VLB or PCI - I seem to have a newer revision, but it's hard to tell.

I will do.

Which revision do you have? Do you have a pic of the board?

Thanks

Compaq Systempro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ Compaq Junkiepro; EISA Dual 386 ¦ ALR Powerpro; EISA Dual 386

Reply 9812 of 52884, by BSA Starfire

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
386_junkie wrote:

That's a neat looking machine, IBM had very individual styling didn't they?

Best,
Chris

286 20MHz,1MB RAM,Trident 8900B 1MB, Conner CFA-170A.SB 1350B
386SX 33MHz,ULSI 387,4MB Ram,OAK OTI077 1MB. Seagate ST1144A, MS WSS audio
Amstrad PC 9486i, DX/2 66, 16 MB RAM, Cirrus SVGA,Win 95,SB 16
Cyrix MII 333,128MB,SiS 6326 H0 rev,ESS 1869,Win ME

Reply 9813 of 52884, by 386_junkie

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BSA Starfire wrote:
That's a neat looking machine, IBM had very individual styling didn't they? […]
Show full quote
386_junkie wrote:

That's a neat looking machine, IBM had very individual styling didn't they?

Best,
Chris

They did, I never even knew this existed as a tower... though I have seen many of the PS/1's as desktops. I now need to part with another system (or possibly 2) just to make room.

Reply 9814 of 52884, by HighTreason

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All the elegance of a product designed by a one armed blind man.

Suppose it is novel in its own right.

My Youtube - My Let's Plays - SoundCloud - My FTP (Drivers and more)

Reply 9815 of 52884, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My K6-III finally arrived (I received a notification from the postal office to go there, pay the taxes and get it). It took so long I even got a refund... Well, I did not ASK for a refund, I just asked the seller to see if he could get any info on the parcel (it was stuck in the same city for over a month and a half according to the tracking info) and he refunded me immediately. I just checked the tracking info and, sure enough, it shows it as if it is still there since the 6th of october.

Well, now I feel bad for the refund.

Reply 9819 of 52884, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Lukeno94 wrote:
alexanrs wrote:

I kindda wish you are serious. Couldn't find a way to send the money back.

Message the seller and see if you can send the money back via a PayPal gift.

Oh, yeah, that seems simple enough, thanks.