VOGONS

First post, by rick12373

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is this card a good choice for a Pentium 1 DOS machine? I like to run the later era DOS games.

Reply 4 of 7, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am trying to obtain one of these cards. I heard that the TNT/TNT2 Windows 3.1 beta drivers are quite buggy. By chance is it possible to use the Riva 128 drivers with this card instead?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 5 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have tested r128 3x drivers... they ARE buggy as hell , leading to system freezes. I have also benched r128. r128zx, tnt and tnt2 DOS performance, all of them are similar so there is no real speed gain in using one or another. They are excellent DOS performers with BIOS VBE3 support and very very good compatibility.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 6 of 7, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's too bad. Fast DOS graphics is good, but I'd like something good for Win3.x as well. I was going to try this card in a 486, but I'll probably save it for a Pentium class system instead.

Are the drivers for the Banshee or V3 any better?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 7 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ haven't tested any other 3.x driver I'm afraid... I am so pleased with the r128zx DOS performance/compatibility that I sacrificed 3x ... I just boot to 98SE that has good drivers.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website