VOGONS

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Are there any sources available to list the complete differences or the addition (and respective omission) of features of the different subsequent CT models?

I'm particularly interested in the AWE32 models.

And here is the site listing various CT models.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 7, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This may or may not help, but it's worth reading.

The most phenomenal thread about Creative Labs sound cards I've ever read. It's in my bookmarks ---
http://queststudios.com/smf/index.php/topic,2175.0.html

Reply 2 of 7, by Moogle!

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I went around looking on the net for sites and info about the AWE series. They're drying up fast. I've noticed the internet as a whole just seems to be kind of slowing down and drying up over the past couple years, espeically since about '06.

Reply 4 of 7, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I tried to compile some time ago a list of chips on which each CT card was based, but haven't had time to complete it and it ends on the SB32 (no AWEs). It's based on the thread valnar posted and images found on the web. Unfortunately there are still many blank spaces.

ctkf8.th.png

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 5 of 7, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I just came across this small archive of old webpages from creative, I see it has some info on CT model-numbers, not to much though.

Attachments

• Filename
    sb_isa.zip
    File size
    16.52 KiB
    Downloads
    268 downloads
    File comment
    Creative Web archive on ISA Sound Blaster Series
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 7 of 7, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Moogle!: I went around looking on the net for sites and info about the AWE series. They're drying up fast. I've noticed the internet as a whole just seems to be kind of slowing down and drying up over the past couple years, espeically since about '06.

Logical offcourse, but sometimes saddening or downright annoying. As I came across all these dead links to "AWE32 - the pages of naked truth, Written by Mathias C. Hjelt". Which seemed like a good to read. Allow me to save everyone the work of compiling the webarchive..

Attachments

• Filename
    awe32.zip
    File size
    91.48 KiB
    Downloads
    397 downloads
    File comment
    WebPages - AWE32 - the pages of naked truth
    Written by Mathias C. Hjelt
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception