VOGONS

Reply 20 of 21, by prophase_j

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah it really tears me because on one hand if I invest some more money into my K7 rig then I should be able to hold down a cool 2ghz. Even though P4's have more bandwidth, all of the older stuff I plan to run on it will be as fast if not faster. Athlon's are very bandwidth efficient. So until you start throwing gobs and gobs at the GPU, it won't make a difference. Then there is the other side of the coin, getting a P4 board with an ISA slot, and a 3ghz northwood chip. It would not only catch up to the K7 for legacy, on modern code the K7 would be outclassed.

But yes you should get get that sandra stuff out... I'll upload my version if ya need. You should also measure that fx5950 with 3dmark2k1 😀

"Retro Rocket"
Athlon XP-M 2200+ // Epox 8KTA3
Radeon 9800xt // Voodoo2 SLI
Diamond MX300 // SB AWE64 Gold

Reply 21 of 21, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok here are some results from 3DMark2001SE, Sandra 2000, and Sandra 2002. I also redid the Everest results (back on prev page) because I've got some better RAM in the machine now that does 2-2-2 and no extra leadoff delay @ 133. This little spitfire is matching up with Athlon XPs 🤣.

The vid card is a beast for just about anything that could run on the machine. It's actually a decent DOS card too, with fairly compatible VESA support combined with probably the fastest DOS speed you'll find. The fact that it seems to be happily dealing with a 90MHz AGP bus is icing on the cake. Not many cards will do that.

3dm0101if1.th.png3dm0102ex9.th.png
ss2k201or6.th.pngss2k202er3.th.png
ss2k01zn9.th.pngss2k02xs2.th.pngss2k03pk8.th.png