VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am testing a Roland SC-55 SoundCanvas external unit. For testing purposes, I have two units side-by-side. For both units, I perform identical operations: reset both to factory default, get up the 2 demo tunes for both units, press play for both units. On one unit, I hear the demo tunes using the front headphone jack, but on the other unit, I hear nothing from the front headphone jack. I try this operation with either the same pair of headphones, and also different headphones (which all work).

Any ideas please? (This is a bit depressing.)

Thanks a lot.

Edit: I've managed to get some sounds out of this thing. I plugged in a "red white" audio cable attachment in to the back of the unit, and then plugged in some amplified speakers in to that cable attachment. I can now hear something. Perhaps the front headphone jack is broken?

Reply 1 of 4, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retro games 100 wrote:

...I have two units side-by-side...

Both are yours?

Any ideas please? (This is a bit depressing.)

I see that (only) the broken sc is yours? I mean you wouldn't be "depressed" if the other one is working, if both are yours.
(Your answer to this latter part of the question will be part of my speech-thought research anlysis. Thanks.)

I've managed to get some sounds out of this thing.

Is it the same sound with the working one? If yes, then definitely something wrong with the headphone jack. In my opinion, shouldn't be a irreparable problem.

Last edited by Malik on 2009-01-21, 15:33. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 4, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm sorry, I don't understand the first part of your message.

As for the headphone jack, I think it is defective, but I might open up the unit to see if I can spot anything obvious near this headphone port. But for now, I think I'm going to leave it. If I can get some tunes out of the back audio ports, then I think this will suffice for now. 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just wanted to know if both units are yours. (It's trivial stuff, but I managed to spot in the sentence construction a possibilty at coming to a conclusion by reading the facts alone, which do not point to the obvious. I was trying to arrive at a conclusion that only one is your unit from your words. I may be wrong, but it's part of my speech-thought analysis. Let's just say it's part of my "professional" research. 😁

Reply 4 of 4, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malik wrote:

Just wanted to know if both units are yours. (It's trivial stuff, but I managed to spot in the sentence construction a possibilty at coming to a conclusion by reading the facts alone, which do not point to the obvious. I was trying to arrive at a conclusion that only one is your unit from your words. I may be wrong, but it's part of my speech-thought analysis. Let's just say it's part of my "professional" research. 😁

OK, thanks for the clarification! 😀
I own both units.

...And I would be happier if both worked. 🤣