VOGONS

PVI-486SP3

Topic actions

First post, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can anyone tell me what is the pinout of the PS/2 connector on this board? I bought some PS/2 headers, but although advertised that they are looking like they would fit the connector, they came as 5x2 headers with 4 wires: red, yellow, green and blue - I don't know what is the purpose of each. Thanks for any hints.

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 1 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

just try combinations, that is what I did with my soyo 486 mobo... 🙁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 7, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
GL1zdA wrote:

Can anyone tell me what is the pinout of the PS/2 connector on this board? I bought some PS/2 headers, but although advertised that they are looking like they would fit the connector, they came as 5x2 headers with 4 wires: red, yellow, green and blue - I don't know what is the purpose of each. Thanks for any hints.

Isn't it documented in the manual?

You cabn still download it from Asus website...the socket 3 board can be found in their socket 5 board section

I use a PS/2 mouse with my Asus PC/I 486SP3G mobo which is from the same year so how it's wired might help you?

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 6 of 7, by GL1zdA

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have the manual, but unfortunately the mouse header is not documented 🙁. It consists of 6 pins that form the letter 'C'. Amigaz, if your header also looks like this, then please post how it's wired.

getquake.gif | InfoWorld/PC Magazine Indices

Reply 7 of 7, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

so I was lucky OR the logitech mouse is very good. I have tried this method with 3 different boards, I must have swapped all lines several times. As I said, the mouse still works great!
From all the mobo manuals I have seen only some ECS one did document the pins, that where completelly wrong btw... back then nothing was standard...[/quote]