VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've googled for images of 5 1/4 inch drives, but they all show the front, and not the back of these units. I have a 5 1/4 inch drive inside a machine I'm trying to get to boot up, but I can't see the back of it.

The PSU in the machine has 2 free 4-pin molex power connectors. On the photo, the label called "cable in" is where a chunky black connector has been successfully pushed in to the back of the 5 1/4 drive. There's 2 ? question marks on the photo. My question is, is that where I put one of the 2 molex power connectors? I just can't see anything from the angle I'm working at.

(Pulling out the drive would be a bit awkward. I'm guessing there's nothing there for power. Seems like a good question to ask, before unscrewing + pulling stuff out of the case.)

Thanks a lot people. 😀

Attachments

• flop2.jpg
    Filename
    flop2.jpg
    File size
    46.94 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

ofcourse they need power... you will immediatelly spot where to plug the molex

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 2, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

ofcourse they need power... you will immediatelly spot where to plug the molex

I'll have to completely pull out the unit then. From the angle I'm working at, I cannot see anywhere where a molex connector plugs in to. Not even if I "feel around in the dark" with my fingers. 😕

Edit: Unfortunately, "1" (some PCB) was obscuring "2" (the molex power connector, attached to the underside of some PCB).

Sorry. 😊

Attachments

• flopP2.jpg
    Filename
    flopP2.jpg
    File size
    75.98 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception