VOGONS

AWE32 IRQ Questions

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

As Amigaz noted earlier, try running setcard.exe, to allocate resources to the card.

I got mine here -

http://ftp4.de.freesbie.org/pub/misc/creative … rivers/sb16awe/

(2760r3cd.exe)

But this may also be inside Malik's huge Creative download bundle, mentioned elsewhere in one of his recent posts on this website.

To see if your Win98 system has encountered conflicts, check out -

Control Panel -> System

To see your computer's resources, check out -

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System resources

Reply 21 of 28, by rick12373

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Windows 98 is not reporting any conflicts. I tried running the Setcard.exe in that package and it could not detect my card at the base I/O port that I know that it is at or at any of the selections. Is that setcard.exe in the file you directed me the correct one for my card or does it work for all of them? Also is it just for changing the base I/O? Is that what I wanted to do? I thought it was the IRQ I was having a problem with. Anyway, I am going to have a quick look for some other cards that I might have.

Reply 22 of 28, by rick12373

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just looked through my stuff and I have the following:

SB16:

CT2230
CT1770

Which of these would be the best / cause me the least problems or are the both the same really?

I would have liked to use the AWE32 for for better sounding music but it is just causing too many problems which I cannot seem to resolve.

Reply 23 of 28, by rick12373

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Actually just noticed something. The IRQ in the autoexec.bat only gets changed to 10 when I boot in to Win98. So this is why none of my DOS games work after I have used Win98. How do I stop it from doing that?

Reply 24 of 28, by tikbalang

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
rick12373 wrote:

Actually just noticed something. The IRQ in the autoexec.bat only gets changed to 10 when I boot in to Win98. So this is why none of my DOS games work after I have used Win98. How do I stop it from doing that?

get into the soundcard properties from device manager of win98. under the "resources" tab, turn off "automatic settings" and pick one of the available settings that matches the dos config. maybe you can set it yourself, i don't remember how it works anymore. screenshot is in xp.

Attachments

• resources.png
    Filename
    resources.png
    File size
    16.9 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

ESS PCI DOS Drivers

Reply 25 of 28, by rick12373

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I did that and it works. Had to use IRQ 5, which is ok. Everything seems to be working apart from Shadow Warrior which has weird graphical glitches. Not sure what the problem is there.

Thanks for all the advice.

Reply 26 of 28, by chrisNova777

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i had the same problem with my PNP card using 95/98.. had all kinds of problems untill i accessed the settings in the above image that tikbalang posted and right clicked the irq setting to change it to what i had set in the dos setup program.
once i changed the settings there all was as it should be!

http://www.oldschooldaw.com | vintage PC/MAC MIDI/DAW | Asus mobo archive | Sound Modules | Vintage MIDI Interfaces
AM386DX40 | Asus VL/I-486SV2GX4 (486DX2-80) | GA586VX (p75) + r7000PCI | ABIT Be6 (pII-233) matroxG400 AGP

Reply 27 of 28, by rick12373

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thread! Rise from your grave!

That was quite a thread resurrection there...

Seriously though, this is why I like VOGONS so much. There is a wealth of information here.

486 DX4-100 (overdrive)
16MB 72-pin SIMM RAM (2x8MB)
1MB Diamond Speedstar Pro VLB video card
SB 16 Value CT2770
AOpen VI15G Socket 3 Motherboard
HDD/FDD VLB controller card

Reply 28 of 28, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeahhh there's an informal rule about thread bumping (try not to bump more than two-three years old or else some moderators (me) get snippy), Chris please try to start a new thread in the future. 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto