User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
gerwin wrote:
aleksej wrote:

I'll make such a photo if you need it.

I would appreciate that.

Thanks for the recordings. the songs that I listened too sound properly balanced, though with their own touch. Any luck on the photos that you intended to make, so I can see the -12V supply system?

Last edited by gerwin on 2010-05-08, 08:59. Edited 1 time in total.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 21 of 29, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gerwin wrote:

Any luck on the photos that you intended to make, so I can see the -12V supply system?

Oh, i'm completely forgot about my promise, my bad, sorry. 🙁
In next one-two days i'll make it for you.

Reply 22 of 29, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok, gerwin, here your pics. Sorry if quality not so good. I'll remake it if need with your suggestions.
http://rapidshare.com/files/385298264/doxbox_pics.zip.html

Reply 24 of 29, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guess it's time to finally chime in...

Miditemp's DoX-BoX is flawed.

Somewhere in the circuit board design (that I've yet to determine), is an improper ground that results in 50/60Hz ground-loop hum in the audio output.

This likely isn't something that would bother most people. I, however, have temporarily resorted to using isolation transformers between the DoX-BoXen and sub-mixer, like any self-proclaimed weirdo would do. 🤣

Reply 25 of 29, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for sharing that warning.
Earlier in this thread I was talking about +12 Volt to -12 Volt conversion. Some part of the doxbox is doing this voltage conversion. I don't know how they do the conversion here, but I do know that the 'common oscillator voltage inverter method' gives audible interference in ranges much higher than 50Hz.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 27 of 29, by skel2raw

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Bumping an old thread but I really like the idea of putting wavetable dbs in those Miditemp DoX-BoX cases. This way one can easily switch between different dbs.
Does anyone know, where I can get these DoX-BoX cases? It seems they are not sold anymore and I can't even find one offer anywhere.

Reply 28 of 29, by Salient

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
skel2raw wrote on 2021-02-08, 11:09:

Bumping an old thread but I really like the idea of putting wavetable dbs in those Miditemp DoX-BoX cases. This way one can easily switch between different dbs.
Does anyone know, where I can get these DoX-BoX cases? It seems they are not sold anymore and I can't even find one offer anywhere.

https://www.serdashop.com/CHiLL2

😀

MIDI comparison website: << Wavetable.nl >>
(Always) looking for: Any Wavetable daughterboard, MIDI Module (GM/GS/XG)

Reply 29 of 29, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Chill2 would be my recommendation as well.

There are a couple other options out there as well... but not in production anymore.

Anteg EasyMIDI EM-100 which comes with a Dream based daughterboard.

KORG NX5R - originally came with an XG compatible DB

KORG NS5R - can add a DB

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK