VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

After I install the win98 driver for a Geforce AGP MX440-8x in an Asus P2B board, when the desktop is supposed to appear, I just get a blank screen. I'm sure I've had these cards working OK in other slot 1 boards before. I've tried quite a few things - reinstall mobo chipset driver, reinstall VGA driver, update mobo BIOS, increase mobo RAM.

Solved. I removed all of the components from the mobo, and attached them to an identical P2B rev 1.12. Inside the desktop, I was lucky enough to be able to update the graphics resolution and colour depth to a value higher than the current setting (which was 16 colours @ 640x480 resolution.) I say lucky, because the screen looked all weird, like it was going to crash out on me at any moment. After the screen res and colour depth had been altered to 1280x1024 @ 16-bit, I removed all of the mobo's components and reattached them to the first mobo - and it booted up fine, without any problems, and displayed the desktop correctly at the new higher res + colour depth setting.