VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I used Nero Essentials to burn the (paid for) E.U. installation folder's contents to a blank CD. I then put this CD in to a CD-ROM drive, and selected CDROM as my boot-up option inside the mobo's BIOS. When the CD attempted to boot up, a BIOS POST message on the screen said "Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM: failure"

Reply 1 of 4, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

read up on making bootable CDs. You have to add a bootable floppy image to the CD, basically.

You could just get the Ultimate Boot CD. It has hardware info tools on it. I'm not sure that Everest even works in DOS. Lavalys used to make one called AIDA16 that does do DOS and it's on UBCD.

Reply 2 of 4, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks a lot, I'll check all that out - definitely UBCD - in fact, I should have done that first really! When I bought E.U. today, the system requirements on their website page said Win95 onwards, but I was thinking that maybe its bootable CD version used its own flavour of linux or DOS, something like that? (Actually, perhaps not!)

Reply 3 of 4, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think there's a plugin for BARTPE for Everest. If you don't know anything about Windows PE or BartPE you can download the Windows Ultimate Boot CD which makes it simple.

It's kind of been depreciated by Winbuilder but Winbuilder is STILL buggy as hell whereas BartPE just works.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline