VOGONS

First post, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just recently acquired an Asus PVI-486SP3 motherboard. The jumpers are mostly self-explanatory and TH'99 has helped a bit. However, I must say the CPU selection block is daunting. It is much more complicated than my FIC 486-PIO-3. I've never seen a jumper block with 3 pairs of pins per "jumper" where, for example, 1&2 and 5&6 could be called for on a single jumper.

Does anyone have a copy of the manual? Perhaps in PDF format? I'd like to have more confidence than I do right now that what I'd set is correct before I fire it up for the first time.

Reply 2 of 3, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you want help, ask away. I've got one fired up ATM. (Rev 1.22) I must say, I'm surprised by this Speedsys.exe result - I have an Intel 486DX4 100 CPU in it, and the overall speed result I get is 42.36, a figure approximately 5 points higher than an AMD 486DX4 100 (enhanced version) CPU.

Reply 3 of 3, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retro games 100 wrote:

Ahh... I overlooked the socket 5 directory. I was foolishly looking for a socket3 directory last time I was there. That's what I get for messing around with it too late at night.

I'm going to build it up and see what bench results I get.