VOGONS

First post, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi all,

I have just received my Maxi Sound 64 Dynamic 3D ISA card and i am not 100% sure what type of memory is safe to use with it? It has a 72-pin simm slot and i read somwhere that it uses 60ns "standard" simms? I am guessing this means it will not work with EDO simms?

I cannot find any documentation on this card and i don't want to just stick any old simm in the slot. It uses an "ESS Audiodrive 1868F" sound chip and a "Dream SAM9407" wavetable chip.
It has a jumper for either a 4mb simm or a 16mb simm... but i don't know what kind of simm to use? I only have a few EDO simms 😒

here is a pic of the card:

0576_1.JPG[/img]

Reply 1 of 3, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok i am now having a very hard time locating the drivers for this sound card! The ones i do find are just updates for the original drivers and pretty much all driver sites i have visited are absolute shite! I download drivers for a "Maxi Sound 64 Dynamic 3D" and end up with realtek or c-media drivers instead 😠

Reply 2 of 3, by Klimt

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm using 16MB of 60ns FPM, single sided. If you still need drivers for this, let me know. I have working Win98 drivers from the Guillemot site.

Creative AWE32; Diamond MX200, Ensoniq SoundScape Elite; Gravis UltraSound; Guillemot MaxiSound 64; Mediavision Pro AudioSpectrum 16; Orchid SoundWave32; Roland MT32 & SC55; Turtle Beach Multisound (E-mu) & Pinnacle (Kurzweil); Yamaha SW1000XG; etc.

Reply 3 of 3, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Klimt wrote:

I'm using 16MB of 60ns FPM, single sided. If you still need drivers for this, let me know. I have working Win98 drivers from the Guillemot site.

Thanks for the offer but i managed to find some drivers and the updates to go with them from the Guillemot FTP site 😀 I'm also using a 16mb simm with mine and it's 60ns but i'm not sure if it's EDO or FPM?? But it works whatever it is 😎

It's a good card but the Dos drivers eat too much conventional memory!