VOGONS

First post, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just wondering,..I've been looking in eBay for a good Socket 7 based AT motherboards with my personal must-have-requirement Coin-type battery socket, PS/2 mouse connector (not those with the on-board PS/2 ports) and last but not least, the Turbo connector with the turbo led connector.

By now you might have noticed that I'm a true sucker for AT motherboards with Turbo facility. Though it might not be useful, I've been having a personal attachment to these LEDs and the Turbo button since the XT days.

Now, coming back to the question, some motherboards like for example :

!BVEpzDg!Wk~$%28KGrHgoH-CgEjlLl1-OzBKQpl5zBq!~~_1.JPG

for which, I found the corresponding tabulature at hardware 99 :

35353-1.png

As you can see, there is a Turbo LED connector but no mention of the actual Turbo connector in the table above.

Is this unintentionally left out or is this just as mentioned : no turbo button connector, only the led connector?(??)

The problem is that the actual picture shown at eBay is not close enough to see the front panel connectors on the board, and the Harware 99 site also do not mention about the actual turbo connector but the Turbo LED is mentioned.

Any ideas? Thanks for any information.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 2 of 2, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
h-a-l-9000 wrote:

I've just had a look at a Soyo SY-5TF mainboard. The turbo led there is a second power led (connected to the supply voltage through a resistor).

Is that just the LED connector for the Turbo button or the true connector to the Turbo button? I need to press the Turbo button to un-Turbo the system, which will reflect correspondingly at the Turbo LED.

(I hope I'm not confusing here. 😁)

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers