VOGONS

First post, by Kiwi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How difficult is it going to be to find those short VGA cable passthrough patch cords? None of the VooDoos on eBay ever seem to have them.

Kiwi

Reply 1 of 5, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any short VGA extension cable will work. Typically you are looking at 0.25m in length. I use these for instance -

http://www.lindy.co.uk/025m-premium-svga-moni … lack/37389.html

Reply 2 of 5, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dunno about finding 'em, but they're easy to make out of a scrap monitor cable and a $3 HD15 connector.

Just for purposes of testing and temporary use, you can even get away with a normal VGA extension cable, it'll make the picture a bit blurrier than usual, but it'll work. That's basically what the Voodoo passthrough cable is anyway, just an 8" VGA extender cable.

Reply 4 of 5, by Kiwi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm waiting on one of those diagnostic cards that reports POST errors to see if the AN430TX motherboard is broken, or the jumpers are wrong, or what else is keeping it from running, else I'd already need that cable right now.

Kiwi

Reply 5 of 5, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any VGA cable M-F would do. I've even tried connecting a spare 1.5m VGA cable for the 2 voodoos. Works well. The only problem is that it will get messy with long cables at the back of the cpu box.

For your testing purposes, you can use any of the available long cables.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers