VOGONS

First post, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I am seriously thinking about going micro with my current gaming PC! I have seen various micro ATX motherboards that have support for SLI/Crossfire but i cannot find a good micro ATX case to fit it all in!

I am looking for a desktop/cube shaped case and not a tower. I have seen micro cases that fit a standard size ATX PSU but will they fit 2 x ATI 4850's in crossfire? (i may upgrade those GPU's soon). If there are micro ATX motherboards that support dual GPU's then there must be micro cases designed for them.... somewhere!

Reply 1 of 4, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd recommend Silverstone Sugo series, esp. SG-03 or SG-04. IIRC these can fit 2x GTX295 and 5870 but not the 5970. You better check 'em out!

(ed: why did i reply to this thread thinking it was a new thread!)

Reply 2 of 4, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hade a Aspire X-Qpack case once. Small uATX board with a handle at the front. I do remember having a video card in the PCIe slot and a TV tuner card in the slot on the far left. So as long as you cards are single slot, you should be fine with SLI and CF.

4850s in CF should definitly fit. So should 2x 9800GTs.

Here is a picture of that PC:

I had a Geforce 7 with an Arctic Cooling cooler.

aspire4.jpg

Hmm maybe a dual slot card would fit in the slot on the far left, but it's hard to say...

Reply 3 of 4, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:
I hade a Aspire X-Qpack case once. Small uATX board with a handle at the front. I do remember having a video card in the PCIe sl […]
Show full quote

I hade a Aspire X-Qpack case once. Small uATX board with a handle at the front. I do remember having a video card in the PCIe slot and a TV tuner card in the slot on the far left. So as long as you cards are single slot, you should be fine with SLI and CF.

4850s in CF should definitly fit. So should 2x 9800GTs.

Here is a picture of that PC:

I had a Geforce 7 with an Arctic Cooling cooler.

aspire4.jpg

Hmm maybe a dual slot card would fit in the slot on the far left, but it's hard to say...

Not many single slot cards out there these days. Most have huge fansinks attached that cover upa slot by themselves. XFX and Powercolor I think both make single slot HD5770's but those are the only single slot cards I've seen for a while.

Reply 4 of 4, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow this is an old thread... i totally forgot about this one 🤣

Anyway things have changed since my first post and i currently own a monstrous Core i7 system i built a while ago (well, it's not that monstrous now!). I still regret spending all that money since it's hardly any better for gaming than a cheaper Phenom II system (based on my own personal experiences).

My next PC will hopefully be built around the AMD Bulldozer next year... I have high hopes for AMD in 2011 😀.