VOGONS

First post, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've had one of these for a while, though I was never able to get it working with the regular AWE32 software. Can someone please point me to the matching software?

Next question.

Is the Goldfinch card completely stand alone, or does it need to be paired with an SB16. I'd like to be able to use mine with an SB Pro. Any problems here I should worry about?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 1 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, I took another look and this time I found what I needed over at Quest Studios, including the PDF version of the manual. Several years ago when I checked none of this stuff was available.

I came up with another question as well. Would it be better to use the internal or external audio connector for chaining to another card?

Reply 2 of 6, by dvwjr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I came up with another question as well. Would it be better to use the internal or external audio connector for chaining to another card?

If you have not already read the older Quest Studios message thread about the AWE32 and Goldfinch, please check this link. I will have to re-link some of the pictures of the 'internal' Goldfinch cable I constructed, but an internal connector for a Goldfinch CT-1920 to another audio card is covered...

Hope this helps,

dvwjr

Reply 3 of 6, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Anonymous Coward wrote:

Well, I took another look and this time I found what I needed over at Quest Studios, including the PDF version of the manual. Several years ago when I checked none of this stuff was available.

You already found these before, didn't you?

Anonymous Coward wrote:

I don't think you get a noticable difference between internal or external. Plugging a shielded 4-pin CD-Audio connector on the goldfinch header would probably be the most practical way. But you need to change the pinout of the cable, which can be done suprisingly easy with a needle or something.

See here: Vogons; My CT1920 project..

Reply 4 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You already found these before, didn't you?

Hmmm, perhaps you're right. I must have forgotten and found them again?

I'm pretty pissed off by this Goldfinch card. I've been playing with it for about 8 hours now, and I still get the same bullshit about AWEDIAG complaining about CTCM. I found another user in this forum was having the same problem and was unable to resolve it.

I'm thinking to deposit this card in my round filing cabinet. It's been a huge waste of time, especially considering it's not a very good card anyway.

Maybe death by hammer would make me feel better.

Reply 5 of 6, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Anonymous Coward wrote:

I'm pretty pissed off by this Goldfinch card. I've been playing with it for about 8 hours now, and I still get the same bullshit about AWEDIAG complaining about CTCM. I found another user in this forum was having the same problem and was unable to resolve it.

I had a similar issue:

When I start awediag without parameters it runs properly and checks the RAM and plays a midi song. When I start it with the '/s' parameter it says it either cannot find the configuration manager, or it is the wrong version

but came to the conclusion that everything works without doing 'awediag /s', as loading ctcm instead of 'awediag /s' seems to make things work. So would that work for you?

Reply 6 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to do it for me either. I don't care so much about getting it going in DOS, but I would like it working in windows.