VOGONS

Diamond Edge 3D 3240

Topic actions

First post, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recently picked a second Diamond Edge 3D 3240, one that is complete with the original games, manual, driver disks and Saturn port adapter. So now I have an extra card, anyone up for a trade? Is trading/selling allowed on this site cause I don't see a dedicated area devoted to it.

I also have a Edge 3D 2120 but I'm not letting it go. 😉

As far as trades go I'm looking for video cards from 1995-99.

edge3240.jpg

Last edited by bushwack on 2010-02-08, 02:53. Edited 8 times in total.

Reply 1 of 82, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Neat! It's not particularly useful, I suppose, but it's an interesting piece of history nonetheless.

Is there anything in particular you're looking for in trade?

Reply 2 of 82, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Old Thrashbarg wrote:

Neat! It's not particularly useful, I suppose, but it's an interesting piece of history nonetheless.

Is there anything in particular you're looking for in trade?

Nvidia's first 3D accelerator isnt a total dog. 😉 You could build a system with it, but most would want a different sound solution.

I'd like to get my hands on a Rendition V2200, I can't do it for the life of me.

Reply 3 of 82, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

you should make CD images of the bundled games. I haven't seen those anywhere. I have a Edge 3D but no software.

I have 4x V2x00 boards. 2x Stealth II S220, 1x Thriller 3D 4MB, 1x V2200 reference design. 😀 I am willing to part with a Stealth II for free (well a few $$ for shipping.) After a BIOS update, the Stealth IIs became V2200 boards thru a clock speed increase.. These already have the update I think. I got a trio of them in unopened OEM baggies. Just PM me if you're interested.

also Stealth IIs on ebay
http://computers.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=di … y&_osacat=58058

Reply 4 of 82, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The NV1 games are the DEFINITION of rare... I will upload a pack to Underground Gamer soon enough, it is a promise I have broken already 🙁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 5 of 82, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I already have a couple Stealth II S220s, having a V2200 AGP would be cool. A Bonnie and Clyde would be the schnitzel.

Last edited by bushwack on 2010-02-08, 02:55. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 8 of 82, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bushwack wrote:
I already have a couple Stealth II S220s, having a V2200 AGP would be cool. A Bonnie and Clyde would be the schnitzel. […]
Show full quote

I already have a couple Stealth II S220s, having a V2200 AGP would be cool. A Bonnie and Clyde would be the schnitzel.

Here are the 3 game disks that I have for the Edge 3D:
Nascar Racing : http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2161357/nascar.iso

Panzer Dragoon : http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2161357/panzer.iso

Virtua Fighter Remix : http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2161357/vfremix.iso

I'll leave these up for a few days, enjoy!

Those ISOS lack the CD-AUDIO tracks... You must make a BIN/CUE image that can also contain the Audio Tracks...

Panzer Dragoon has 15 audio tracks and VF remix has 20...
I suspect your Nascar ISO lacks audio tracks too 😳

Reply 17 of 82, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I made an image in bin format but when I burned a CD with it, the music tracks were not there...and when I verified the disk there were errors but the data on the disc seems all there in explorer.

The panzer dragoon bin was 549mb so I know it pulled the music tracks off.

I put Nascar Racing back up, its listed under the pic of the card. It does not contain any music tracks like the other games so it should be good to go.

Reply 19 of 82, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well you could also try Alcohol 120% or CloneCD ..... Sounds like there could be something funky about the CD.

There's also the possibility that your CD drive is having problems with the disc.