Rank Member
Rank

Im looking for the latest drivers for the following hardware:

ali aladdin V IDE/AGP
Apocalypse 3dx (Pcx-2)
aureal vortex 2
soundblaster 16 (full package/iso)

all for windows 98 of course.
Either the version number or a link would be fine.

Reply 1 of 8, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gravitone wrote:
Im looking for the latest drivers for the following hardware: […]
Show full quote

Im looking for the latest drivers for the following hardware:

ali aladdin V IDE/AGP
Apocalypse 3dx (Pcx-2)
aureal vortex 2
soundblaster 16 (full package/iso)

all for windows 98 of course.
Either the version number or a link would be fine.

Have you tried google?

Reply 2 of 8, by gravitone

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

google bombars me with a host of "Driver" sites that either charge me, or want to install some custom applications that I have no intention of ever touching. There also seems to be a distinct mess of driver files and no clear way to see which drivers were the latest drivers released for a particular piece of hardware. I had all this stuff in my mind back in the day, but those version numbers are not something that seems to have stuck in my memory sadly 🙁

Reply 3 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have the latest Apocalypse 3DX driver somewhere, dated sometime in 1998. I'll post it when i see it though i will be beaten to the punch by a wacked bush most likely.

I really need to gather all the PVR files i have... all the different minigl versions, etc... there's no equivelant of falconfly for that card 🙁

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 8, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ali drivers can be had here... there's enough English in there that you should be able to find the right ones without knowing any Chinese. (Download links are over on the right side... the "下载".)

What sort of Vortex 2 card do you have? The generic Aureal drivers can be had from Nodevice... they have both the driver-only packages, and the full software/demo packages. But if you have something like a Diamond or Turtle Beach card, you may be happier with the specific packages put out by the card manufacturer.

And for the PCX2, here's the wacked bush that leileiol was referring to. (BTW, lei, your username is a PITA to type.)

Reply 7 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here's the Apocalypse 5D drivers I use.

Attachments

• Filename
    a5dv412.exe
    File size
    2.07 MiB
    Downloads