l33t++

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rio-Diamond-Stealth-II-G4 … d-/320541712445

$10k BIN! 🤣!

Reply 1 of 14, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Wow, I hoped that was a typo. Taking 3 zeroes off would be a more reasonable price. Only a few of the seller's other items appear to have a more reasonable selling price, but most are also BIN for $10k. Madness.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 2 of 14, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

Most of his other auctions have this cost too. I wonder if he listed his items on a "free listing" day? If not, he may be in for a shock when he gets his monthly invoice from ebay. If think the higher the initial listing cost is, the higher the insertion price is.

Reply 3 of 14, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You guys don't understand that he's a real computer nerd.

It's obvious that every price is in binary, so he's selling the card for 16$.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 5 of 14, by BigBodZod

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zup wrote:

You guys don't understand that he's a real computer nerd.

It's obvious that every price is in binary, so he's selling the card for 16$.

You are correct and the fact the seller is throwing in FREE shipping makes up for the cost too 😉

No matter where you go, there you are...

Reply 6 of 14, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's not surprising, actually. There have been quite a lot of crazy auctions on ebay anyway. What really surprises me if there is actually someone who buys the card.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 7 of 14, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've already sent a question to that seller asking "if it's REALLY ten thousand dollars", and "if yes", I've asked him to "quote what's the speciality" of that card.

I'll post the reply here, if he answers me.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 8 of 14, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I want some of what this guy's smoking.

Well, if your as desperate as the one selling this card for 10k...I'm pretty sure I don't want to start smoking what he smokes hehe 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 9 of 14, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I might have to put some stuff up for $10k. Just selling one item would be 😁 😁 . Maybe I'll be competitive and do $9.5k. 😀

"Makes a great top-floor executive suite decoration! Adorn your Lamborghini with this ISA card! Pure Gold Connectors!!! Magic smoke still inside and included!!"

Reply 10 of 14, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
swaaye wrote:

I might have to put some stuff up for $10k. Just selling one item would be 😁 😁 . Maybe I'll be competitive and do $9.5k. 😀

"Makes a great top-floor executive suite decoration! Adorn your Lamborghini with this ISA card! Pure Gold Connectors!!! Magic smoke still inside and included!!"

🤣

Reply 11 of 14, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I don't think he's gonna answer my question. Yesterday, I saw his "other items" and saw MOST of his items were being sold for $10,000!!!!

And guess what? Today I saw the listed item "has ended" and all his other items are no more there! Forgot to save his other items page.

Seems like he closed his shop too soon, packed off and left. Maybe he'll return. Maybe I shouldn't have asked him that question. Or maybe somebody screwed up his listing.

Reply 13 of 14, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:

I've already sent a question to that seller asking "if it's REALLY ten thousand dollars", and "if yes", I've asked him to "quote what's the speciality" of that card.

I'll post the reply here, if he answers me.

I've done that to sellers with ridiculous prices or outrageous shipping charges before and all that usually happens is I end up being banned from bidding. 😁

Reply 14 of 14, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

I've done that to sellers with ridiculous prices or outrageous shipping charges before and all that usually happens is I end up being banned from bidding. 😁

I'd once contacted this guy from Italy who charged 200 Euros to ship a graphics card (don't remember which one but it's not one of those 3dfx obsidian type, just an ordinary 3d graphics card, ... can't remember which though). Just the card. Nothing else. 200 Euros, through a normal registered post. Not DHL / UPS or other expedited shipping. The card itself was 2.99 Euros starting bid.

I asked him if it's "really 200 euros for the shipping".

His answer was something like " Yeah, the actual item costs more than the shipping cost when it was sold originally. You can find out around what is the real worth of this item."

I thought of asking back "SO, are you charging 200 euros for the item or shipping? Why don't you just place your starting bid at 200, if you're expecting at least that much!?". But then, didn't want to waste my time with that guy. 😀