Topic actions

Reply 20 of 31, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bestemor wrote:

testing testing
(tried posting some urls etc earlier, but just keep getting blank page, & no preview ??)

Something isn't right. Recently, many of my message previews freeze. I have to quit Vogons, and reopen my browser. I always temporarily save my posts to notepad, so it's not too much bother.

Reply 21 of 31, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I did have weird freezing earlier but only for like a minute or so. I knew it was this forum as all other web browsing worked normally. And I also do the notepad thing...so...😁

Reply 22 of 31, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, for me I'm 101% positive it was the url 'quote' I had pasted in.
As soon as I deleted it, everything went back to normal and I could post something readable instead of blank message.

You can see the loong web page url in the address field of your browser after doing the ebay search(on .com or co.uk) with the string I made.
But not sure which section was the offending one.... 😕
(or if just too darn long)

Reply 23 of 31, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I found a biostar but it doesn't look too good. For one I can't change the clock multiplier. I've found a KT133 board though with ISA and it's ending in 2 days. I've also found an Athlon 1100 B which should work fine with that.

Reply 27 of 31, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
F2bnp wrote:

Hey guys I got a Biostar M7VKD with the KT133A chipset. The Barton Mobile CPU is going to work fine on that one right?

Hmmm...interesting! I have never tested a Biostar M7VKD mobo before. I see they've got support for it on their website:

http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdownloads.asp?model=M7VKD

It mentions a 2002 dated BIOS supporting XP 2100+ rated CPUs. The Epox mobo, on the other hand, has a May 2003 dated BIOS which supports the T-Breds and also doesn't complain if you use a mobile barton. Also, the QDI Kinetiz mobo has a 2004 dated BIOS which works OK with T-Breds and mobile bartons. I also believe the Abit (rev 1.3) board supports these high end Athlons too. But the Biostar's final BIOS revision of 2002 seems a bit old to me. It's possible it won't work with a mobile barton. You're best bet, I think, is to try a very cheap mid-range T-Bred CPU in it. If it works, then great, you may be lucky with a mobile barton. If it doesn't work, then a mobile barton probably won't work.