VOGONS

Reply 40 of 44, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

exactly sliderider , you cannot draw conclusions that it runs fine on X800 because all you can see is just a blurry mess

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 42 of 44, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
keropi wrote:

exactly sliderider , you cannot draw conclusions that it runs fine on X800 because all you can see is just a blurry mess

I can still see that it isn't laggy, so that much says a lot. You'd think the way it drags down DX10 cards that the earlier DX9 cards would have trouble keeping the framerates up. Even if it can only be played at the lowest settings, it is still obviously playable which is more important than all the bells and whistles that you don't really need.

Maybe when I get my dual Xeon server together I'll try it with my X1600 and 9500. Right now I don't have a working system with an AGP slot to try it out.

Reply 44 of 44, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've run Crysis on both an X850 XT and a 7800 GTX. They can run the game ok at medium/high settings and a resolution like 1280x800 or so. The 7800 is probably somewhat faster but it is still slow so who really cares. I remember that some effects were messed up on the X850, perhaps because it's only a Shader Model 2 card.

I was just testing the cards out for fun. For serious play I wouldn't touch the game with less than a 8800GT. With my 8800GTX, the alien and carrier levels required me to drop quality levels down quite a bit to remain playable at even 1680x1050.