l33t++

http://cgi.ebay.com/3D-BLASTER-VOODOO-2-12MB- … _Video_TV_Cards

Reply 2 of 16, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey THANKS a lot, sliderider 😁

I've actually been coveting this for a long long time ... i couldn't afford it in 1998, back then there was that monetary crisis in our country, prices for computer stuff suddenly increased at least fourfold than before. And this thing was released at around US$350 to boot. 😢 satisfied myself with the Banshee a few months later though 😀

And now, finally i can get one, New In Box, yay 😁 thx to this thread -- thx God i checked Marvin -- after a long time not following 😊

So, here goes, look at what i just won today! 😊

!B03!hgQEWk~$%28KGrHqYOKjwE%29pCm%28T7!BMcLhmY5tg~~_12.JPG

ah ah...

Reply 3 of 16, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Grats! It still went up in price more then I anticipated. My guess is it´s because it´s NIB? (or there was a bidding war going on with people from Vogons 🤣).

Anyway, did it come with the SLI cable?

Reply 4 of 16, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

Grats! It still went up in price more then I anticipated. My guess is it´s because it´s NIB? (or there was a bidding war going on with people from Vogons 🤣).

I hope not -- don't want any hard feeling from Vogons fellows 🤣

Yeah, usually you can get two V2 cards, well-known brands, for less than $30 (from sane sellers). For a NIB vintage though, i think it's pretty low. Looks like i was the only one sniping, so, just for fun, i actually put bigger numbers in the last few seconds 😁

I don't know, it isn't listed, must wait until it's shipped--which could be weeks later it seems. We can always make our own SLI cable though, using old floppy cable, so it's okay. ah here's some clear how to pics http://forum.3dfx.cz/viewtopic.php?p=7349#7349

anyway i'm going to have another tough battle in 10 hours 😖 it will be trickier i think...

Reply 6 of 16, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I know we cn make our own, I'm just not really handy with those kinds of things 😜

I got 1 SLI cable and a couple V2's and do intend to build an SLI rig with it someday 😀

Reply 7 of 16, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

I know we cn make our own, I'm just not really handy with those kinds of things 😜

I got 1 SLI cable and a couple V2's and do intend to build an SLI rig with it someday 😀

yeah, it's not my hobby either, cutting and twisting cables! i'd rather have it served cool. 😉

retro games 100 wrote:

I'm fairly sure that a boxed V2 card will come with a SLI cable.

I hope this one will too then 😀

Reply 8 of 16, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:

I don't think $31 is a whole lot for a NIB Voodoo 2. It's probably about right. I paid $40 for two unboxed 12mb V2's and an SLI cable recently. All those guys on ebay who want $100 or more for them are smoking crack.

The big question is will the buyer open it or leave it in the box? I wouldn't buy anything vintage new in box if I was planning on taking it out and using it. I'd try to find one already opened. It reminds me of the guy who bought a brand new Apple IIc on ebay a few years back and paid thousands of dollars for it because it was still factory sealed and then opened it. It made me want to shoot the guy. If he wanted one to use there are plenty of them out there for a lot less money. There's no need to ruin a collectors item to get one that works. I got two of them for free for Christ sakes. He even sent the warranty registration card in to Apple. Good luck getting warranty service on that when it breaks.

Reply 10 of 16, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

The big question is will the buyer open it or leave it in the box? I wouldn't buy anything vintage new in box if I was planning on taking it out and using it. I'd try to find one already opened.

*ahem* i have some Monsters to use instead, i'll spare this one. but of course i'm going to open it up just to check things out and maybe put them on display. not so much into that "virgin" stuff

nice story btw 😁

Reply 11 of 16, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guys, the seller has listed another one (looks like it's the last of two)

http://cgi.ebay.com/3D-BLASTER-VOODOO-2-12MB- … =item255d112676

(and one guy from the previous auction has just put a bid)

Communication is good, he seems well-concerned about packaging & shipping. 😀

Reply 12 of 16, by archsan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It doesn't come with the SLI cable 🙁

Looks like a cost-down version, without any bundled game... (the version i saw in local '98 expo had four titles)

and looks like someone (customs?) already opened the box leaving some mild scratch marks from the seal 😠

Other than that, i'm quite happy, plus $31 is not bad, the second one was sold for $46.

It brings back some silly grin from the old days 😁