VOGONS

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Woohoo!

Got 2 STB Blackmagic 12mb and the SLI cable on the way. No factory passthroughs but I have plenty of those already.

Was only $40!

Reply 2 of 7, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Welcome to the club! 😁

I have a pair of Diamond Monster IIs 12mb, pair of Diamond Monster IIs 8mb and a pair of Trust Dragon 2s 12mb. That and some other random V2 boards that aren't married.

Dont forget it you have IRQ issues and need to put a PCI slot or two in between your Voodoo2s, you can make a SLI cable of your desired length with a regular old floppy cable. I had to do that once when I had to place a PowerVR card in between them due to IRQ conflicts that I couldn't resolve via the BIOS.

😜 Oops almost forgot I have a pair of sealed 3dfx V2 1000 PCI. NFRB! NFRB!!

Reply 3 of 7, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I recently just sold a pair of STB Blackmagic II boards for £25 with VGA pass-through and SLI cables.

I'm happy enough just using my V5 5500 in my retro rig 😀

Reply 7 of 7, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

Passthroughs are very easy to find. Just go to your local PC shop and ask for a monitor vga cable extender, make sure it's Male and Female and you're set! It only costs about 5 euro.

Yeah, the only trouble is the cables you get are usually 6 feet long. Very messy for connecting video cards only a few inches apart.