VOGONS

First post, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.tennmax.com/voodoo2/stealth.htm

Pizz_v2_.jpg

I just got my 2 Voodoo 2 cards in the mail and not only do they look like they are brand new (they look completely untouched, not so much as a fingerprint or a scratch on the edge connectors) but they have these coolers on them, also looking brand new without as much as a fingerprint.

Reply 2 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

The beginning of people being all worried about video card heat. 😀

Also the beginning of people overclocking their cards, though until a fast enough CPU came around to supply the Voodoo 2 with a steady stream of data to work with, overclocking wouldn't have been of much use.

Reply 3 of 9, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The good old days of getting those 10-15 MHz overclocks. 😁 My Voodoo1 was "stable" at 60 MHz! I attached some heatsinks with rubber bands 🤣 (don't let too many people know about that huh).

In fact, I saved my 3dfx.bat that I used in autoexec.bat back then. This file has been on many a hard drive.

SET SST_FASTMEM=1
SET SST_FASTPCIRD=0
SET SST_VIDEO_24BPP=1
SET FX_GLIDE_SWAPINTERVAL=0
SET SST_SWAP_EN_WAIT_ON_VSYNC=0
SET SST_SCREENREFRESH=85
SET SST_RGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_GGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_BGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_GRXCLK=60

Reply 4 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:
The good old days of getting those 10-15 MHz overclocks. :D My Voodoo1 was "stable" at 60 MHz! I attached some heatsinks with ru […]
Show full quote

The good old days of getting those 10-15 MHz overclocks. 😁 My Voodoo1 was "stable" at 60 MHz! I attached some heatsinks with rubber bands 🤣 (don't let too many people know about that huh).

In fact, I saved my 3dfx.bat that I used in autoexec.bat back then. This file has been on many a hard drive.

SET SST_FASTMEM=1
SET SST_FASTPCIRD=0
SET SST_VIDEO_24BPP=1
SET SST_SCREENREFRESH=85
SET SST_RGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_GGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_BGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_GRXCLK=60

After much searching and following many broken links, I found the Voodoo 2 overclocking utility. If anyone needs it and has online file storage they can host it from, let me know. The link I followed was in Italian and the website looked ancient so it may not be available for much longer.

Reply 6 of 9, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
swaaye wrote:
The good old days of getting those 10-15 MHz overclocks. :D My Voodoo1 was "stable" at 60 MHz! I attached some heatsinks with ru […]
Show full quote

SET SST_FASTMEM=1
SET SST_FASTPCIRD=0
SET SST_VIDEO_24BPP=1
SET SST_SCREENREFRESH=85
SET SST_RGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_GGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_BGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_GRXCLK=60

After much searching and following many broken links, I found the Voodoo 2 overclocking utility. If anyone needs it and has online file storage they can host it from, let me know. The link I followed was in Italian and the website looked ancient so it may not be available for much longer.

Couldn't you just upload it to here?
Or better yet, post a link 😁

Reply 7 of 9, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:
sliderider wrote:
swaaye wrote:
Show full quote

SET SST_FASTMEM=1
SET SST_FASTPCIRD=0
SET SST_VIDEO_24BPP=1
SET SST_SCREENREFRESH=85
SET SST_RGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_GGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_BGAMMA=1.2
SET SST_GRXCLK=60

Couldn't you just upload it to here?
Or better yet, post a link 😁

Here's where I found it but I'm sure it won't be there forever which is why someone new should host it for a while but only if you're serious about keeping it online for the long term. Maybe Vogons should have an official repository for such things just to keep this stuff from disappearing from the web forever.

http://utenti.multimania.it/gennyboggia/Files/v2oc1400.zip

Reply 9 of 9, by Svenne

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

Maybe Vogons should have an official repository for such things just to keep this stuff from disappearing from the web forever.

Absolutely! I wish someone could've come up with this before Winsite and Lightspeed went down 🙁
We still have MDGx, but who know how long it will last?

Intel C2D 2.8 GHz @ 3.0 GHz | ASUS P5KPL | ASUS GTS250 1 GB | 4GB DDR2-800 | 500 GB SATA | Win 7 Pro/Ubuntu 9.10