VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would like to know who made this GF3 Ti200 video card, please. I did a google image search for Aopen Geforce3 Ti200, and the image results showed some similar looking video cards. I would like to know who made this card, because there may be some manufacturer specific software to download for it. Also, it would be interesting to see if it's possible to update its BIOS, if there is a later version available. My brain cells tell me "I think you got it from Germany". Thanks a lot people.

PICT1601c.JPG

Back of the card:
PICT1609c.JPG

Reply 1 of 8, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Googling the part number points to Aopen.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 2 of 8, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Googling the part number points to Aopen.

Yes, but if you google for an Aopen GF3 Ti200 card, and subsequently look at the image results, then these Aopen cards have the manufacturer logo of "Aopen" printed on the heatsink fan. The image above only has "GF3" printed on the heatsink fan. This makes me wonder if Aopen made some GF3 cards for other "OEM" manufacturers, and if this is true, a BIOS flash operation might not succeed, if I flash it with an Aopen BIOS file.

Reply 5 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AOpen was always a low-effort and misguided company - their Voodoo2 is hilarious because the design had minimal difference (though to be fair before the 3dfx V2-1000 came to the market, this was THE most 'vanilla' Voodoo2 one could get) and the software bundle was 20 different demo CDs each with one 50mb (or smaller) demo per cd. The funnier part? There's even a few that are 2D only and don't use 3D accelleration at all 😁

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 8, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
swaaye wrote:

I'm surprised that the OEMs allowed those shitty fans. A support call waiting to happen there.

My GF3 Ti200 had just a cheap heatsink superglued on by the previous owner. Was still working years later when I replaced it. 🤣

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 8 of 8, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, but if you google for an Aopen GF3 Ti200 card, and subsequently look at the image results, then these Aopen cards have the manufacturer logo of "Aopen" printed on the heatsink fan.

It's just a sticker. The card is otherwise identical. The "XC" in the model number probably means it was used in one of the Aopen XC mini PCs.

I see no reason why a regular Aopen BIOS wouldn't work on it, though I'm not sure why you'd bother flashing it anyway... graphics card BIOSes generally don't need updating.