VOGONS

First post, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I'm still working on this Athlon XP-M Win98 machine, trying to install SB Live! 5.1 drivers but having issues until I tried a web driver package dated 8-25-2000.

Anyone have a better or later driver package, maybe an update? I made a drive image prior the Live card so it's easier to try different drivers without Win98 crapping on itself.

I'm going to be running DX9b with a with nVidia's last win98 stereo video driver.

Reply 1 of 10, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Is the big 21mb LiveDrvPack.exe from 2002 any good?

Pardon as I haven't dealt with Win98 and the Live! 5.1 in so long. I use kX stuff now though i am not sure how that rolls with 98 either.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 10, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:

Is the big 21mb LiveDrvPack.exe from 2002 any good?

Pardon as I haven't dealt with Win98 and the Live! 5.1 in so long. I use kX stuff now though i am not sure how that rolls with 98 either.

That LiveDrvPack looks like it's for 2000 and XP. I got an error when I tried to install it. kX looks like it's for XP and up.

Reply 3 of 10, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd say Liveware 3 but it doesn't work with Live 5.1. I'm not sure what 9x driver works with those 5.1 cards.

I think I remember that you need to get some WDM driver. And that's kinda unfortunate because VXDs are best for 98SE.

If somebody has a Live 5.1 install CD that would be a good thing to get an ISO of.

Reply 4 of 10, by aleksej

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/115903-compil … for-windows-9x/

swaaye wrote:

If somebody has a Live 5.1 install CD that would be a good thing to get an ISO of.

http://www.filefront.com/user/BadBoyforum

Reply 5 of 10, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

From Creative's Support Site ( http://support.creative.com/ ):

Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Standalone Web Release for Windows 95/98/98se/ME only Filesize : 19.02 MB Download […]
Show full quote

Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Standalone Web Release for Windows 95/98/98se/ME only
Filesize : 19.02 MB Download

Release date : 2 Apr 02

]File Name : SBL51_W9xME.exe
English only - Uniquement en anglais - Solo in Inglese - Sólo en inglés - Nur auf Englisch - Enkel in het Engels

This web release is a standalone package of Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 meant for existing 5.1 card users who have lost their installation CD. (For Windows 95, 98/98SE and Millennium). Supported models are the SB 0060.

This release also includes the following Creative Audio software suite (English only) :

* Creative Surround Mixer (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)
* Creative AudioHQ (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)
* Creative Installer 1.00.07 (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)

Do you have an SB 0060 or a different model?

Reply 6 of 10, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
akula65 wrote:

From Creative's Support Site ( http://support.creative.com/ ):

Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Standalone Web Release for Windows 95/98/98se/ME only Filesize : 19.02 MB Download […]
Show full quote

Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Standalone Web Release for Windows 95/98/98se/ME only
Filesize : 19.02 MB Download

Release date : 2 Apr 02

]File Name : SBL51_W9xME.exe
English only - Uniquement en anglais - Solo in Inglese - Sólo en inglés - Nur auf Englisch - Enkel in het Engels

This web release is a standalone package of Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 meant for existing 5.1 card users who have lost their installation CD. (For Windows 95, 98/98SE and Millennium). Supported models are the SB 0060.

This release also includes the following Creative Audio software suite (English only) :

* Creative Surround Mixer (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)
* Creative AudioHQ (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)
* Creative Installer 1.00.07 (Windows 95, 98, and Millennium)

Do you have an SB 0060 or a different model?

Send me a direct link please, cause that just doesn't come up for me.

Yeah it's a SB0060 and thanks for the other links.

Reply 7 of 10, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got a SB0060 and IIRC I use without problems the driver that akula65 points out...

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 8 of 10, by bushwack

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

I got a SB0060 and IIRC I use without problems the driver that akula65 points out...

Can someone point me to this driver link please or upload it for me, it would be much appreciated.

Reply 10 of 10, by magicmanred

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bushwack wrote:
keropi wrote:

Can someone point me to this driver link please or upload it for me, it would be much appreciated.

It's been nearly 6 years...
Did these drivers you've downloaded give you luck?
I too, have the SB0060 and find that these drivers have distortion in Quake 3 Arena as well as sound effect level inconsistency.
Odd thing is, I have another system with a CT4780 and it has the same problem on Win98se.

Both my cards work perfectly in Win 2k Pro with default windows drivers.