VOGONS

Reply 140 of 147, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh well, I have decided to drop my search for an ISA Tualatin board and just get an i815 Tualatin board instead.
I found a guy who sells a lot of these : http://cgi.ebay.de/FSC-Mainboard-D1219-Tualat … #ht_3539wt_1139
It seems like a nice deal, it even has integrated LAN which should come in real handy and has the i815e (which supports Tualatins). The cheapest TUSL2-C or similar board I can find is at least 10 euro more, is it worth the extra cost?
I mean, what possible problems could I encounter with this board?

Reply 141 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:
Oh well, I have decided to drop my search for an ISA Tualatin board and just get an i815 Tualatin board instead. I found a guy w […]
Show full quote

Oh well, I have decided to drop my search for an ISA Tualatin board and just get an i815 Tualatin board instead.
I found a guy who sells a lot of these : http://cgi.ebay.de/FSC-Mainboard-D1219-Tualat … #ht_3539wt_1139
It seems like a nice deal, it even has integrated LAN which should come in real handy and has the i815e (which supports Tualatins). The cheapest TUSL2-C or similar board I can find is at least 10 euro more, is it worth the extra cost?
I mean, what possible problems could I encounter with this board?

I have that exact board, except mine has the ISA slot.

It's probably NOT a Tualatin board (unless someone actually bought one there and tried it), they just added the word "Tualatin" from a copy-pasted page on the Fujitsu-Siemens manual pages, I checked this months ago as I saw these same boards.

Only certain revisions of this board support Tualatin.

Edit:The BIOS is very limited also. It's one advantage over TUSL2-C is that you can install XP using a FS recovery disk (which is nothing but a standard XP disk with a couple FS stamps in there) and you got activated XP.

Just a note of information:Fujitsu Siemens boards I find are typically of good quality. One of my LAN rigs also uses a FS motherboard and I've had it for 8 or 9 years or so, it's still running despite all the gaming I put it through 😜

Edit2:Otoh, I could be wrong and even if I am not wrong, it'll still be a good Coppermine board.
I did find a seller that was selling Compaq boards in the UK I think. That board had support for Tualatin but didn't state that (I looked up the part number).

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 143 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
F2bnp wrote:

Well he does bundle some of his boards with Tualatin CPUs so I think this is a Tualatin board.
So it's a good board right?

It's good in that it works and it's not PC Chips...
Have you checked the feedback yet?

I presume the BIOS is limited, so hardly or no overclocking

However, if all you want is a board that works and works stably, then this should be a good one.
Some people might not like OEM motherboards but personally I don't mind all too much.
It is handy to have a retail board as in you get extra options like fan speed control etc, which is more often missing in OEM boards (and Fujitsu Siemens boards are all OEM).

Edit:I see it like this:
It seems a good deal, but the edited Tualatin bit in the description makes it a bit fishy. That's it basically

Report spammers here!

Reply 144 of 147, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Okay, I'm going to ask him whether or not the Tualatin 1.4 S works on the board, if I get a positive answer I'm going for it.

Woah, shipping to my country is 22 Euro, forget about it, at the same price I'm getting a TUSL2-C!

Reply 145 of 147, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Whaddya think of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tualatin-P-IIIs-1-4GH … =item3f04fd9f47

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tualatin-Celeron-1-4G … =item3f0cfa3adb

They should work on pretty much any slotket or board that supports Coppermines. Makes looking for a nice board that much easier methinks.

Reply 147 of 147, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'd say just go with whatever Tualatin board you can find cheaply. Unless the extra features are a must for you (like good BIOS with lots of features, lots of extra fan headers etc and so forth), but that might turn to be expensive if you want it quick.

Being patient might get you a good deal. I bought 2 GigaByte Tualatin boards untested for €1+shipping and both seem to at least pass POST. One of those boards is now the heart of one of my about to be completed ME LAN rigs

Edit: I did want to mention one little thing:
When I was working with the Tualatin, I remembered that some coolers have trouble with the extra hight of these CPU's. Try to be gentle when you also have a hard time getting the HSF to actually mount without breaking something 😜

Report spammers here!