VOGONS

First post, by EscapeVelocity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Everything old is new again!

ZX Spectrum relaunch: gaming goes back to the future

The ZX Spectrum is to be releaunched to celebrate its 30th anniversary. We examine the appeal of retro gaming

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-g … the-future.html

Reply 2 of 7, by awergh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hmm time for some bias,
its only the ZX Spectrum no one cares about that right? I much prefer the Amstrad CPC because I do ahhh I can just feel my bias, I can only have allegiance to one 8bit home computer right?

Now I get to have a tiny rant about the article I didn't get very far,
the ZX Spectrum is NOT a console its a computer,
why do people always have to get that wrong just like the
Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Acorn Electra, Enterprise 64, MTX512 etc
are all home computers not consoles.
</rant>

Ah well it might be interesting to some people but not to me, wonder if all the games will be in monochrome 😜

Reply 3 of 7, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shock__ wrote:

reboot? cute.

Real Spectrum enthusiasts have a Pentagon 1024SL or Pentagon Evolution nowadays 😉

Real "real spectrum enthusiasts" still have functional ZX Spectrum +.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 4 of 7, by elfuego

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zup wrote:
shock__ wrote:

reboot? cute.

Real Spectrum enthusiasts have a Pentagon 1024SL or Pentagon Evolution nowadays 😉

Yup! We do indeed! 😀

Reply 5 of 7, by sebaz_ri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Zup wrote:
shock__ wrote:

reboot? cute.

I have a non-functional Czerweny Spectrum (rebranded Argentinian clone) with the demo cassetes and users manual, even the original box!

Reply 6 of 7, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hope someone picks it up here in N. America. I think we only got the first model of Spectrum computer here after the ZX-81 and then they stopped selling them. It was one of the early innocent bystanders to be gunned down after Commodore's declaration of war against Texas Instruments.

Reply 7 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
awergh wrote:
Hmm time for some bias, its only the ZX Spectrum no one cares about that right? I much prefer the Amstrad CPC because I do ahhh […]
Show full quote

Hmm time for some bias,
its only the ZX Spectrum no one cares about that right? I much prefer the Amstrad CPC because I do ahhh I can just feel my bias, I can only have allegiance to one 8bit home computer right?

Now I get to have a tiny rant about the article I didn't get very far,
the ZX Spectrum is NOT a console its a computer,
why do people always have to get that wrong just like the
Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Acorn Electra, Enterprise 64, MTX512 etc
are all home computers not consoles.
</rant>

Ah well it might be interesting to some people but not to me, wonder if all the games will be in monochrome 😜

Lol. But otoh it's nice to see a wider acknowledgement (ZOMG I spelled acknowledgement right the 1st time!!! 😳 ) of retro computing as a whole 😀

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!