Any interest in a vogons hwbot team?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
elianda wrote:

Doesn't make much sense as the submit text fields do not know most of the components I enter for oldschool stuff. And it does allow only components that are in the it's internal database (e.g. for CPU).

Just about every cpu and gpu is in the data base. Even old ones. If it missing open a support ticket.

Also the part has to be spelled 100% and in the same order as its in the data base.

Like if you punch in piii 1ghz it will not work.
It has to be as its in the data base. Witch would be something like Intel Pentium III EB 1000mhz.

The data base is here http://hwbot.org/hardware/

Reply 21 of 23, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Jade Falcon wrote:
elianda wrote:

Doesn't make much sense as the submit text fields do not know most of the components I enter for oldschool stuff. And it does allow only components that are in the it's internal database (e.g. for CPU).

Just about every cpu and gpu is in the data base. Even old ones. If it missing open a support ticket.

I looked through it and it is very weak with old components and I am sorry but I can't open for every piece a support ticket.
Just to give a former mainstream example:
All graphics chipsets from S3 prior Trio64 are not in their database.
There is not a single Socket 4 Mainboard in their database and just 5 Socket 8. Socket 463 is missing completely (CPUs and MBs).

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 22 of 23, by Jade Falcon

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED

Open just one ticket. It only take 5 seconds to open on. In fact your post most likely took longer to write the what it takes to open a ticket.

Also why would the data base have a card older then the trio? The virge can hardly run 3d99. What good would it do to have them? There no bench on that site that can be used with such a old card.
As for motherboard, it lacking even with new one. But anything older then socket 7 dose not really get benched there so on one has adked to have the boards added yet. And given that info on such old bard is scares the maintainer of the data base has not added them yet.

P.S.
You can punch in any pice of hardware in your sub so long as the parts not mandatory for the sub.
Also if it can't run any benchmark on the site it will not be added there is no point in it.

Last edited by Jade Falcon on 2016-07-01, 16:12. Edited 1 time in total.