VOGONS

First post, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

board is gigabyte 5ax. this board works fine in win98 but behaves terribly in win2000, mostly agp card issues:
1.opengl applications(mostly quake2/3) freezes at initialization.
2.agp texturing is disabled, can be unlocked through registry in some drivers though.
3.d3d applications(3dmark for example) seem to be out of time control, tests running much faster than intended, and may hangup/bsod after running for some time).

none of these problems showed up in win98 before.
aliagp driver has been installed. tried several video drivers between 23.11 and 30.82, to no avail, newer drivers seems impractical.

Reply 1 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've only used ME on my GA-5AX 4.1 with a TNT2 M64 AGP + Voodoo 2 and it worked perfectly.

I really don't know whats causing your issues when using 2k. Have you tried searching the net for info? Perhaps the K6+ forums have some answers. I'd go look but I'm nearly ready for bed right now, tired 🤣!

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 3 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You never mentioned your old AGP card btw

Report spammers here!

Reply 4 of 7, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

pervious card is gf2 mx200, i doubt changing to any other nv cards would help though.
my 815e never had any trouble with nv cards... no that's not true, afaik any nv cards later than nv40(including nv43) would bsod in 3dmark03 on any pentium3(and earlier) platform. 😅

Reply 5 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This site http://k6plus.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2 has a LOT of good info hidden away on the forum. If you're interested in Super 7 hardware, this would be a good way to start 😉

Go download threads of interest before the entire forum disappears forever (like one AWESOME forum about the A7V series motherboards...man, all that precious info is gone now 🙁 🙁 🙁 )

Report spammers here!

Reply 6 of 7, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Lol, you're way ahead of me 😜

http://k6plus.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&fil … 1f2c0bf49384f55

Report spammers here!