VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Edit: Please see Old Thrashbarg's explanation below my post.

Has someone robbed all of the RAM chips from this thing? Or can this card work OK without them? Last week, I was able to get this card to POST OK, but it acted oddly. During the BIOS POST, the card appeared to display a RAM count, but it occured extremely quickly. I can't get the card to POST at the moment - I must be using it in a different mobo, and this current hardware combo isn't happy. I'll try it in a few other mobos.

Also, there's a jumper on JP4, but I don't know what it does. There is also a jumper next to it, labelled JP5, but it is "hard wired" in one particular position. There is no "1" identification marker for these jumpers, so I don't know if this "hard wired" JP5 jumper is in 1-2 position, or 2-3 position.Thanks a lot for any info about this subject.

ram2.jpg
ram1.JPG

Last edited by retro games 100 on 2011-06-17, 10:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 2, by Old Thrashbarg

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It has 1MB RAM on it, those two Panasonic chips underneath the DIP sockets. JP4 is probably for IRQ2 enable/disable, the hardwired JP5 is likely to be something to do with the RAMDAC (notice that the card has unpopulated pads for a PLCC type half hidden underneath the DIP RAMDAC). The hardwired JP1 and JP2 are most likely for memory/IO wait states.