VOGONS

Boxed ATi Rage Fury MAXX

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by batracio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can confirm that UT99 runs awkwardly on MAXX. Synthetic benchmarks give similar results to Voodoo5, but the latter one feels much smoother in real games.

Reply 22 of 23, by batracio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I always use the same benchmarks/games to test a new card: 3DMark 99/2000/2001, Quake 1/2/3, GLExcess and TempleMark (I like this one just because it shows accurate information about texture units and passes used in the rendering path). Few times I use UT99 for testing, I guess I did it with the MAXX because I had UT99 installed those days. It's the only game I clearly remember having noticed that "AFR stuttering" you mention. I think Quake games were more playable, though the effect was still noticeable.

Reply 23 of 23, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
batracio wrote:

I always use the same benchmarks/games to test a new card: 3DMark 99/2000/2001, Quake 1/2/3, GLExcess and TempleMark (I like this one just because it shows accurate information about texture units and passes used in the rendering path). Few times I use UT99 for testing, I guess I did it with the MAXX because I had UT99 installed those days. It's the only game I clearly remember having noticed that "AFR stuttering" you mention. I think Quake games were more playable, though the effect was still noticeable.

3DMark2001 has weird corruption on the matrix style shootout scene with the MAXX.