VOGONS

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does i make sense to use an Yamaha DB50XG, DB60XG in an older 80386 computer? Why i ask this? I want to know if i make a full benefit of this card in an 386 computer...

I tried doom. Iam also have laying an terratec SOWT-11 Ver 1.0 daughterboard and tried this also with doom, but that yamaha is een way better also have higher volume.!. Now i cant play doom really good on this 386 - 40mhz machine with maximised display settings.. So i dont thinks its a good idea to play doom on this machine and probably i think iam going to play this game on the AMD K6 II machine because it doesnt lag the game..

And i dont think games that came for the 386 wont use this high quality daughterboard so that will be wasted of the quality..

Iam i right?

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 1 of 2, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i use an sw60xg [same sound as the db's] in a 386. plenty of 386 games use midi so the card/db is useful there and lately i've been thinking i prefer it to roland sound canvas sounds. Not sure whether the xg extensions get used in 386-level games or indeed any others.

Reply 2 of 2, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah i know 386 use midi, but i want to know if i get the full potential out of this daughterboard on this 386.. Otherwise is maybe a better goo idea to use an lower class daughterboard for it.

~ At least it can do black and white~