VOGONS

First post, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Creative-Labs-CT174 … =item564537ba55

I always wondered what they did, and it's helpfully written on the front of the box.

He's also got an sb16 with one of these soldered on. For less.

Last edited by ratfink on 2011-07-22, 13:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 11, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Yeah, it's nice but I don't think there was ever very much software that took advantage of it. I sure wouldn't pay a premium price for a Sound Blaster card that had it over an identical card that didn't.

Reply 3 of 11, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's nice to know that you have it in one of your SB16/AWE32 cards. And uh..you just feel nice about it. You know that you do have it. You do. And feel good about it. And that's all there is. That's about it. Got my point already? 😁

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 4 of 11, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AFAIK there are two uses of the Creative CSP/ASP:

-Qsound. Creative wrote an app based on Qsound specs to give some neat stereo enhancement.
-Audio compression/decompression of some sort at way faster than 486 speed with some app (maybe a version of Wavestudio?)

Creative never released docs for the chip so nobody but Creative could use it for anything.

Reply 5 of 11, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Malik wrote:

It's nice to know that you have it in one of your SB16/AWE32 cards. And uh..you just feel nice about it. You know that you do have it. You do. And feel good about it. And that's all there is. That's about it. Got my point already? 😁

Which goes back to my point. It's nice if you can find a card with one in it without paying extra, but just knowing it's there isn't worth forking over any cash for since it's basically useless anyway.

Reply 9 of 11, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
ratfink wrote:

We need to turn this forum into the ultimate retro gaming wiki info resource. Between here and queststudios we could put together the most amazing info collection of old retro junk.

Reply 10 of 11, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
swaaye wrote:
ratfink wrote:

We need to turn this forum into the ultimate retro gaming wiki info resource. Between here and queststudios we could put together the most amazing info collection of old retro junk.

I strongly agree that this would be a very good thing.

Reply 11 of 11, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:
ratfink wrote:

I've always been in favor of a download repository for everything that the members have that is legal to distribute.