260.55 GBP/424.05 USD

😮

Reply 4 of 23, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RichB93 wrote:

That's ridiculous! They were only £120-£130 at launch and probably dropped down quite a bit after release!

Yah, but nobody bought them because they were late to market and there were more powerful cards on the market by then. PowerVR specs on paper never held up well against other cards, either, even though they may have been able to deliver acceptable performance at lower clock rates and with less framebuffer RAM. People see faster clocks and more RAM installed on other cards and automatically think they must be better. Neon 250 didn't last long on the market before Kyro was released, either. There's probably not very many of them left out there, but I would really struggle to justify paying this much for one. Finding one in a junk box for few bucks would be awesome, though. 😁

Reply 5 of 23, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
leileilol wrote:

I wonder if the buyer thinks that's a voodoo

Don't know. I wish ebay didn't conceal bidders identities. It was a common practice of mine to get to know the id's of the people who bid on the same items that I do and watch their bidding patterns. There were certain bidders who would just put in an outrageous bid so if you saw their name on the bidder list then you knew to move along and wait for the next one because you weren't going to outbid him and if you did it was going to hurt.

Reply 6 of 23, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:
leileilol wrote:

I wonder if the buyer thinks that's a voodoo

Don't know. I wish ebay didn't conceal bidders identities. It was a common practice of mine to get to know the id's of the people who bid on the same items that I do and watch their bidding patterns. There were certain bidders who would just put in an outrageous bid so if you saw their name on the bidder list then you knew to move along and wait for the next one because you weren't going to outbid him and if you did it was going to hurt.

That's why I only bid what I'm willing to pay 😉

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 7 of 23, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I use auction sniper for all my bids. For more common stuff i use it to spam-bid items i want until i get one at the price i want.

ex: the other day i wanted to buy 1 gb of ram ( pc3200) but did not want to pay more than 15$ shipped for it.

Reply 8 of 23, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Tetrium wrote:

That's why I only bid what I'm willing to pay 😉

That is of course the whole point of an auction.... its kind of a shame that people try to game the system so much. I guess that's capitalism for you 😜
ebay is a real pain in the arse to deal with.

Speaking of outrageous ebay sales check this out

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270789394688?ssPag … 984.m1423.l2649

$300 for a fairly nondescript 486-DX2/66....

At current exchange rates thats about $312 US dollars, plus shipping.

Reply 9 of 23, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I once sold a used X800XT Platinum Edition for $200, $70 more than I had bought I for new at Newegg only a few months earlier. Lots of suckers on Fleabay. Of course you also have auction snipers mixed in. Diverse community 🤣

Reply 10 of 23, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
swaaye wrote:

I once sold a used X800XT Platinum Edition for $200, $70 more than I had bought I for new at Newegg only a few months earlier. Lots of suckers on Fleabay. Of course you also have auction snipers mixed in. Diverse community 🤣

I snipe everything. It's the only way to win. You can put in a ridiculous bid at the beginning, but there's no guarantee that the seller won't shill it up to the max or that other bidders won't do the same out of spite just to make the win as painful as possible for you. The only time I don't snipe is if the auction ends in the middle of the night when I'm asleep. Then I put in a reasonable bid before I go to sleep and hope it wins. My win/loss ratio tilted sharply in my favor after I took to sniping everything.

Reply 11 of 23, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
sliderider wrote:

The only time I don't snipe is if the auction ends in the middle of the night when I'm asleep.

You might try auction sniper, they will snipe in your stead. Only Costs 1% of final price per snipe, only pay if you win. I like it alot. And you have some cool options. 3 first snipes are free anyway.

Wow, im making publicity now ...

Reply 12 of 23, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sliderider wrote:

I snipe everything. It's the only way to win. You can put in a ridiculous bid at the beginning, but there's no guarantee that the seller won't shill it up to the max or that other bidders won't do the same out of spite just to make the win as painful as possible for you. The only time I don't snipe is if the auction ends in the middle of the night when I'm asleep. Then I put in a reasonable bid before I go to sleep and hope it wins. My win/loss ratio tilted sharply in my favor after I took to sniping everything.

Same here. I got burned once because the seller had others/dummies bif till slightly below my max bid. Fortunately my max bid was still realistic and not very high but oh well, I was an Ebay newb back then.

Ever since I snipe, it's a lot better that way (though it's been a while since I was active on Ebay).

Report spammers here!

Reply 13 of 23, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MaxWar wrote:
sliderider wrote:

The only time I don't snipe is if the auction ends in the middle of the night when I'm asleep.

You might try auction sniper, they will snipe in your stead. Only Costs 1% of final price per snipe, only pay if you win. I like it alot. And you have some cool options. 3 first snipes are free anyway.

Wow, im making publicity now ...

I don't trust having to give out my login information. You never know where it may end up or what other items might get bid on in your name. If a sniper outbids me in the last few seconds then it won't matter whether I am there or not because I don't bid more than what I think it's worth when I can't be there to babysit it to the end. If they outbid me then that's fine because as far as I'm concerned they overpaid. I don't get involved in bidding wars.

Reply 14 of 23, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Looks like me and slide have the same tactic, I snipe manually also.

Report spammers here!

Reply 15 of 23, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Suit yourselves guys, i used to snipe manually before but i was constantly stressed about (being there) and would still not make it half the time because i was doing something else. Unless you are very comfortable with yourself and your connection reliability, you wont manually snipe at 5 sec from end, you are more likely to go 30 sec, which still leaves room for someone quick to outsnipe you.
Now i just program the agent and forget about it, it bids at -5sec.

Im not too paranoid about my ebay infos, AuctionSniper has been there for years and never heard of any incidents. Been using it for a while myself, reliability so far is 100%.

Reply 16 of 23, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah I snipe the good old fashioned way too. Unlike most of you here I'm a very sparse ebay user these days though... used to be a heavy buyer but that was before the advent of internet-capable smartphones - nowadays you can just set yourself a reminder and then snipe away no matter where you are.

The fact that my sleep cycle defies nature also helps. twisted.gif

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 17 of 23, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Tetrium wrote:

Looks like me and slide have the same tactic, I snipe manually also.

Count me in the group too. I always try to time it down to the last 3 seconds. Most of the time, actually prob 90 percent of the time, I win what I bid on.

Reply 18 of 23, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
MaxWar wrote:

Suit yourselves guys, i used to snipe manually before but i was constantly stressed about (being there) and would still not make it half the time because i was doing something else. Unless you are very comfortable with yourself and your connection reliability, you wont manually snipe at 5 sec from end, you are more likely to go 30 sec, which still leaves room for someone quick to outsnipe you.
Now i just program the agent and forget about it, it bids at -5sec.

Im not too paranoid about my ebay infos, AuctionSniper has been there for years and never heard of any incidents. Been using it for a while myself, reliability so far is 100%.

I snipe manually at 2-3 seconds. Anything more than that is too much warning for anyone else who might be sitting there watching with a higher bid ready to go. The price auto updates now so they can slip in another bid if you put in too early. Before you used to have keep refreshing to monitor the price which took away from the time you had to up your bid if necessary. I used to have several windows open at once, one to refresh to watch the price and the others had progressively higher bids then when the timer got close to ending I would click the bid buttons from lowest to highest in case there were more snipers putting in bids in the last few seconds. I don't have to do that anymore.

Reply 19 of 23, by MaxWar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hahaha, that post made me laugh, reminds me of when i was sniping manually. I did not have the real time update so i had to reload by hand all the time and my internet was from an overworked network and not very reliable so it could take lots of time to reload, i seldom dared bid below 30-20 sec.

I remember when i lost that crazy cheap 15 Nes consoles + 30 controllers lot by about 10$ from a sniper that appeared at -3 sec. This is actually at that point that i got interested in automated sniping services.

I would still snipe manually nowadays for something that costs a substantial amount as the auto snipe fees are 1%, but for anything below 100$ i would not bother.