VOGONS

First post, by sebaz_ri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a problem with this video card, don't know if the problem is the drivers or the AGP 2x slot

System Specs:
Pentium III Slot 1 500MHz
320mb RAM
Windows XP SP2
Soyo 6BA+

When i try installing drivers 30.82 or 71.89 i see a black screen with a blinking _ and the computer locks, after restarting windows again detects the card and when installing happens the same thing

Reply 1 of 6, by Ace

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have that same Soyo motherboard and on mine, the AGP slot doesn't work AT ALL. Every time I plug in an AGP graphics card, the card is not recognized. Even when there's a PCI graphics card hooked up to the computer and the BIOS is set to recognize AGP graphics cards first, I get video off the PCI graphics card and not the AGP graphics card. I've tried a Voodoo 3 2000, Voodoo 3 3000, nVidia Riva TNT2 and some ATI 3D Rage IICs and neither of them would ever work on the 6BA+. I think it'd be best to just use a PCI graphics card with that motherboard.

Creator of The Many Sounds of:, a collection of various DOS games played using different sound cards.

Reply 2 of 6, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

440BX chipset... shouldn't really have any problem with GeForce cards, unless it's got a crappy AGP voltage regulator that fails to feed the card with the power that it needs. Try installing the chipset drivers and if that does no good it could just be a flaw with the motherboard.

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem

Reply 3 of 6, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Never had any AGP problems with my Soyo SY-6BA+III (Slot-1 i440BX). And it used to be the main PC for quite a few years.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 4 of 6, by sebaz_ri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Pippy P. Poopypants wrote:

Try installing the chipset drivers and if that does no good it could just be a flaw with the motherboard.

Where i can download the latest drivers of 440BX chipset for WinXP?

Reply 5 of 6, by Pippy P. Poopypants

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sebaz_ri wrote:

Where i can download the latest drivers of 440BX chipset for WinXP?

Never mind, missed the WinXP part - I think WinXP already has the latest drivers for the 440 line. Might actually be a hardware issue.

GUIs and reviews of other random stuff

Вфхуи ZoPиЕ m
СФИР Et. SEPOHЖ
Chebzon фt Ymeztoix © 1959 zem

Reply 6 of 6, by sebaz_ri

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Now i was given a Soyo K7VTA-B mobo and this card works fine in XP with the driver 81.98 and i tested this card with a Soyo 6VBA133 mobo with Win98SE and also works!
BTW, thanks for your help

2611708.png