First post, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have an option of getting this one (mailed! to me) for a yet not known sum:

70dea.jpg

7336e.jpg

Funny thing is that the PSU is at the bottom !
Which may create some problems, as the mobo connector usually is on top edge/corner...
Actually, looking closer, it seems the keyboard hole is in the 'wrong' spot as well - mobo upside-down ?? 😕

Not sure what all those red rectangles do, removable perhaps ?
But regardless, it seems like there only is merely 2x of the 5.25'' bays, hmm....

Have no more pics (not mine), so no idea how it looks like inside, but if anyone recognizes it ?

PS: while am at it, would the mobo below be any good/of any use ?
(as in worth bothering to aqcuire, more than any other normal socket3 mobo)

0a0af.jpg
No idea what model it is.
Comes with this stuff as well, strange vga? card:

42691.jpg

Reply 1 of 9, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is nothing wrong with that case.. You just need to flip the motherboard 180 degrees over and then it will fitt perfectly.. ( So the ram is under near your PSU)

I should take the case because they are very hard to find these days..

The graphics card is an Vesa Local bus one.. That rear connector has to be in the brown connector on your motherboard.. They where mostly faster graphic cards then normal ISA ones..

Vesa local bus is almost the same like PCI..

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 2 of 9, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

get a better picture of that video card! it maybe a cad card and might be quite rare. Also, a computer that has BOTH scsi and IDE? it looks like someone's old workstation. Definatly worth the money.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 4 of 9, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stull wrote:

Is that.. S-Video on that VLB card?!

that's what I thought too!!! also, if you look it has EIGHT memory chips. I'm willing to bet money it is at LEAST a 2mb card! IF not a 4mb!

The case is neat. I'd spray paint the red to blue, but that's just me. the motherboard is nothing special, but the scsi card is common but just about the best ISA card you could get.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 5 of 9, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's 4MB. Looks like it might be an Elsa Winner 2000 VLB.

The port is probably for a microsoft bus mouse.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 6 of 9, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No. It's a Miro Crystal 32S VLB with S3 968 chip. And you are correct, it is indeed S-video TV out.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 8 of 9, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for all the info on the vga card!
Yeah, I knew it was VLB, but the sheer size, numbers of chips on it and the round output connector threw me off a bit...

So, would this vga card be any good for games I wonder ?
Looks like they sold for quite a bit back then ($800??)
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.graphics. … 778360ce71e9653

Anonymous Coward wrote:

No. It's a Miro Crystal 32S VLB with S3 968 chip. And you are correct, it is indeed S-video TV out.

Btw, how on earth did you spot that ? Do you have the card yourself ?

Anyways, I think I'll send the current owner an (hopefully non-offending) offer for both lots then.... 😁

PS: about the pics,

cdoublejj wrote:

if i open the picture in another tab and click on it, then it loads a picture of a hot chick. for such an old case it looks kind of sleek.

this was some free and very(!) easy to use(no registration, no nothing, even works when java is turned off!) upload service I found via google, just for this post - and clicking on the 'bigger' pic you get the "next" one, which is any random pic that someone uploaded after me... 😜