VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 1300 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I see Garrett W uploaded a bunch more missing nVidia drivers. Good job !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1302 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
harvald wrote on 2022-05-09, 13:03:

TVGA 8900D & 9000C Manual

Thanks ! I have a 1Mb TVGA8900 but was not sure what the jumpers did, it works fine in 16bit ISA slot the way jumpers are set and they match those in the manual for 8900
It is nice to know it could work in 8bit slot too !!! That makes it much more valuable 😀
Will post the PDF to the Library after me chores git dun ;p

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1303 of 1466, by harvald

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Manual for network adapter Compex ENET16/U, ENET16-COMBO, ENET16-TP

Attachments

• Filename
    compex_ver4.0.7z
    File size
    2.3 MiB
    Downloads
    63 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1305 of 1466, by lavadrop

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, I found someone is mirroring the german Diamond Multimedia support website off their synology NAS at: http://edv-janssen.synology.me/diamond/

The date on the about page is 14.02.97 18:12

Might be a treasure trove for some.

Reply 1306 of 1466, by bellarmine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello There,

I'd like to upload a pack of now rare drivers, utilities and manuals for various DEC / Digital Equipment Corp computers. We're DEC enthusiasts, we own several. Re this thread:
Digital equipment's celebris XL 5100 has black screen and gives out an error code.

Bit new to this, how should I go about it? I've RAR'ed up my DEC driver collection, with a README history - comes in at 278MB, not complete by any means but a nice collection for the various machines that I hope will be helpful.

It's a grab bag, my Dad downloaded them about 15 to 20 years ago (how time flies!), some even come from the DEC BBS (oh the good old days). Not perfect, bit of duplicates, but pretty well organized. I'd like to upload them as a RAR file for everyone's viewing pleasure. Can I add it to the Vogons driver library (or does someone else have to do that?).

Thanks for hosting a great site and library!

Bellarmine

When working on a job, you have 3 criteria: Fast, Good, and Cheap (i.e., Quick, High Quality, and Low Cost). Only 2 out of 3 are practical.

Reply 1307 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

SquallStrife might give you access, would have to be uploaded thru the FTP method.
Suggest: Get an Archive org account (easy to do) and upload it there, then it can be added to the library later in stages by you or one of us with access, creating smaller file groups (DEC manuals, specific Drivers, etc)
Just my opinion: Uploading a whole set of mixed stuff in one file to the library could make things complicated as there is only so much room for a good description, and with out a good description of all the files would most likely be overlooked by many.

Reply 1308 of 1466, by bellarmine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Horun for the suggestions! I'll check out Archive org and if I get it uploaded I'll repost here and let you know. I could also send it to one of you here by FilesToFriends, if that would work just let me know. Cheers!~ Bellarmine

When working on a job, you have 3 criteria: Fast, Good, and Cheap (i.e., Quick, High Quality, and Low Cost). Only 2 out of 3 are practical.

Reply 1309 of 1466, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Drivers for the Evans & Sutherland Freedom card.

Includes disk images for demos, utilities, S3 drivers and the OpenGL part drivers (WinNT 3.5 only)

Attachments

• Filename
    drivers.zip
    File size
    3.61 MiB
    Downloads
    57 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 1310 of 1466, by davidrg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bellarmine wrote on 2022-06-06, 09:31:
Hello There, […]
Show full quote

Hello There,

I'd like to upload a pack of now rare drivers, utilities and manuals for various DEC / Digital Equipment Corp computers. We're DEC enthusiasts, we own several. Re this thread:
Digital equipment's celebris XL 5100 has black screen and gives out an error code.

Bit new to this, how should I go about it? I've RAR'ed up my DEC driver collection, with a README history - comes in at 278MB, not complete by any means but a nice collection for the various machines that I hope will be helpful.

It's a grab bag, my Dad downloaded them about 15 to 20 years ago (how time flies!), some even come from the DEC BBS (oh the good old days). Not perfect, bit of duplicates, but pretty well organized. I'd like to upload them as a RAR file for everyone's viewing pleasure. Can I add it to the Vogons driver library (or does someone else have to do that?).

Thanks for hosting a great site and library!

Bellarmine

I've got a big pile of DEC stuff archived (x86 (and windows-compatible Alpha) drivers, Windows NT on Alpha stuff, plus some product info and PC manuals, the ftp server, more documentation, network products support, and probably a pile more) if there is anything you're looking for in the future.

I'm not really sure how easy the PC and NIC stuff would be to suck into vogons drivers though (I assume the Alpha, VAX and other networking stuff is well out of scope). It would be a huge amount of work to do by hand - there are over 1400 files needing metadata. Easiest way would be to write a program to parse the HTML files and concatenate all the metadata together into a description that could go into the database. But I suspect a better approach is just to preserve the original HTML files describing everything - either link to existing mirrors or host them directly.

Dealing with Compaq SoftPaqs is a similar challenge though with much larger storage requirements and much less useful metadata available.

Reply 1312 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Pierre32 wrote on 2022-07-03, 23:59:

Great !!

jheronimus wrote on 2022-06-27, 21:23:

Drivers for the Evans & Sutherland Freedom card.

Includes disk images for demos, utilities, S3 drivers and the OpenGL part drivers (WinNT 3.5 only)

Thanks ! I see the driver is for NT3.51 and Mac. If I do not get to it by end of week PM me or drop a note here and maybe Pierre32 can post it. Have to work long hours again 🙁

Reply 1313 of 1466, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Horun wrote on 2022-07-04, 05:11:

Thanks ! I see the driver is for NT3.51 and Mac. If I do not get to it by end of week PM me or drop a note here and maybe Pierre32 can post it. Have to work long hours again 🙁

How do you figure there's a Mac version? I don't seem to find it.

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 1314 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uhh the _MACOSX folder ? Did you image the disks on a Mac ?

Reply 1315 of 1466, by jheronimus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Horun wrote on 2022-07-05, 01:48:

Uhh the _MACOSX folder ? Did you image the disks on a Mac ?

I didn't image the floppies on a Mac, but I did zip the files on one so I could attach it here. So, sorry, forgot to clean up the dotfiles 🙁

Filename
es.zip
File size
3.59 MiB
Downloads
48 downloads
File license
Public domain

MR BIOS catalog
Unicore catalog

Reply 1316 of 1466, by NyLan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Can't access Vogons Drivers anymore. Seems to be down

My Intel SE440BX-2 Intel's website Mirror : Modified to include docs, refs and BIOSes.
Proud owner of a TL866 II
Personal GitHub

Reply 1319 of 1466, by acridAxid

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sound Devices > Gravis > Philips PCA761AW disk images (http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=945) download link is returning HTTP Error 503.

EDIT: ..or I triggered an automatic block from having pulled down all the Gravis stuff as all the rest of the downloads are behaving the same way.