VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 341 of 1461, by ODwilly

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey would the original driver disc for a Mirage Ultra 3D agp 64mb Savage 2000 be a welcome addition? I also have a utility and driver floppy that came with it.

Main pc: Asus ROG 17. R9 5900HX, RTX 3070m, 16gb ddr4 3200, 1tb NVME.
Retro PC: Soyo P4S Dragon, 3gb ddr 266, 120gb Maxtor, Geforce Fx 5950 Ultra, SB Live! 5.1

Reply 342 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, page flipping thing is gone.

ODwilly, of course it's welcome! Image those disks and upload away! (Or put them on Dropbox/Onedrive/etc and I'll upload them for you) 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 343 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Euan Kirkhope's ATI3DCIF Wrapper 0.001 source has been uploaded, thanks to the author:
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=717

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 344 of 1461, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I uploaded a basic WinImage created image of the driver/install floppy that comes with the Thrustmaster ACM card on this thread. WinImage doesn't create the best images, but works fine on non-copy protected disks. Should be fine for this. Thought you might want to add it to the drivers database 😀

Feeding Dragon

Reply 345 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FeedingDragon wrote:

I uploaded a basic WinImage created image of the driver/install floppy that comes with the Thrustmaster ACM card on this thread. WinImage doesn't create the best images, but works fine on non-copy protected disks. Should be fine for this. Thought you might want to add it to the drivers database 😀

Done. 😀

Reply 346 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

A download counter would be an interesting feature, especially if you had statistics from the past.

Stiletto

Reply 347 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:

A download counter would be an interesting feature, especially if you had statistics from the past.

I've been thinking about an accurate way to do that, actually...

Reply 350 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Robin4 wrote:

@SquallStrife

Did you received my PM i sended you 2 days in the past..

Yeah, and I replied!

Er.. I thought...

Hang on.

..............I swore I had typed up a reply, but alas I must have forgot to click send, I'm very sorry.

I did do a bit of testing that day, and everything seemed to work OK (did some test uploads of PDFs). Could you try again now? If you still get the same error, can you PM me the exact name of the file you're uploading and what's appearing in the URL bar of your browser?

Reply 352 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Still working on an accurate file download counter, but in the mean time, wrap your tendrils around October's Webalizer stats, folks!

I removed any identifying information I could see.

PdKDOdR.jpg

Reply 353 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uploaded the S3 MeTaL collection that SavageNews.com had uploaded back in the day to VOGONSDrivers, extracted from The Internet Archive.
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=726

*Still missing: S3 MeTaL Driver 9x/ME 1.0.0.0R2 - s3metal1000R2s2k.exe

Stiletto

Reply 354 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

PS. After logging in, you get redirected to the index page. Can it be changed so that you get redirected to the page you were on previously? 😀

Stiletto

Reply 355 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I received a donation from somebody yesterday, but I don't recognise the name or the email address.

If you're reading this, thank you!

If you've uploaded anything to VogonsDrivers, let me know your username so you can get a totally swish donor star!!

Edit: It has come to my attention that I neglected to mention the donation option.

On the site there is a button to donate via PayPal, or a wallet number to donate via Bitcoin.

Donation is entirely voluntary. There is no functional benefit to donating other than the fuzzy feeling that you helped keep the lights on for another week/month, and a cool gold star next to your name on file info pages, just so you know I love you! 😊

Reply 356 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

New feature added today.

Now when you log in, you are returned to the page you were on when you clicked the "Login" link, rather than dumped back to the home page. (As per stiletto's request! 😀 )

Edit: I also put some Javascript on the "Click here to return home" page, so it should pass automatically now. Obviously this won't work if you have JS disabled.

What I'm working on now:

I've received a couple of requests from people that joined the VOGONS forum just to contribute some drivers to the site. So I thought I'd differentiate between people that are verified VOGONS forum regulars, and "new" people. As much as I'd like to just give accounts out willy nilly, I'm scared that someone will exploit my trust to deface the site and ruin everything.

What do y'all think?

Reply 357 of 1461, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Personally, I'd rather have drivers added slowly, but verified / used / tried by someone who has been around VOGONS for a while. But that's just my personal preference.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 358 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
philscomputerlab wrote:

Personally, I'd rather have drivers added slowly, but verified / used / tried by someone who has been around VOGONS for a while. But that's just my personal preference.

That is exactly my hesitation. Great minds think alike, as they say! 😉

Edit: Another new feature just added: Tree menu now remembers your position while browsing around.

Reply 359 of 1461, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As much as I'd like to just give accounts out willy nilly, I'm scared that someone will exploit my trust to deface the site and ruin everything.

Completely reasonable. It's just you taking care of the site, and it's far too easy for someone with account privileges to bork things. Perhaps a statement limiting accounts to Vogons who've been active members for a few years? -- that ought to filter out people with looser screws.

Personally, I'd rather have drivers added slowly, but verified / used / tried by someone who has been around VOGONS for a while.

Here's a problem to address then: I've uploaded the contents of compilation CDs that came with hardware; like a soundcard driver set for a couple dozen soundcards. I don't have the hardware to test all those, but seems we'd still want them uploaded.

Perhaps we could add a rating system? Or simply use the existing Edit powers to mark uploads to appear to be corrupt or otherwise bad?